Paulding.com

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also frightened when driving nowadays!!! you have to always be aware of who is around you.

Hwy 61 is an awful road to pass on and passing should be outlawed. If you dont like how slow the person in front of you is going then sorry, deal with it, maybe it is for a reason.

Today after the accident my husband called me from from work scared to death wanting to make sure I was at home safe. He said that this Lady had tried to pass one of our plumbing trucks and that she had tried to pass several times all along Hwy 61 and each time it was at a unsafe zone. Finally at "sambos" store at High Shoals rd, that she passed going down a hill, and saw a oncoming vehicle and tried to swerve back in front of our men. And she clipped the front of the plumbing truck and begin to spin, then hit the other person head on. Both people in the vehicles lost their lives, and our men were the 1st ones to check for their pulse. This was an Awful, awful accident and I will keep their families in my prayers. I am not aware of any other people that were involved in the accident. Just 2 fatilities, and 2 vehicles involved.

I pulled the above quote as this is an eye witnesses report to the accident..

Now it could have appeared that the driver was passing but only to be swerving in and out of traffic due to her heart attack.. The folks on here myself included have all experienced drivers passing on double yellow lines on 61N as well as Dabbs Bridge Road. Nobody was attacking the driver.. The eye witness report is what it is.. Just a few days prior there was another accident that involved fatalities, this was from a reckless driver..

If you are familar with the way people drive in this area then you will understand where everyone is coming from. Nobody is trying to hurt anyone.. Please I understand the pain of your loss... trust me on this one... as do many others here on P.Com.. nobody is wanting to hurt, disrespect, or devastate anyone..

I pulled the above quote as this is an eye witnesses report to the accident..

Now it could have appeared that the driver was passing but only to be swerving in and out of traffic due to her heart attack.. The folks on here myself included have all experienced drivers passing on double yellow lines on 61N as well as Dabbs Bridge Road. Nobody was attacking the driver.. The eye witness report is what it is.. Just a few days prior there was another accident that involved fatalities, this was from a reckless driver..

If you are familar with the way people drive in this area then you will understand where everyone is coming from. Nobody is trying to hurt anyone.. Please I understand the pain of your loss... trust me on this one... as do many others here on P.Com.. nobody is wanting to hurt, disrespect, or devastate anyone..

exactly! very well said LB!

I am a little late in finding this thread. I have just learned about the accident and a very dear friend of mine was one of the victims. As I am reading the thread I am a little surprised at how everyone assumes they know what was happening and they are passing judgement.

The lady in the SUV has been a special person in my life for the past 7 years. She was not trying to pass anyone and I don't believe that she would have been speeding on purpose. The belief is that she suffered from either a stroke or heart attack at the time of the accident.

I understand everyone's frustration with regards to lives lost on the road but in some cases it isn't anybody's "fault" - it is only God calling two of his own at the same time.

I am sorry that you lost a dear friend of yours. I am sorry that you read this thread and assumed that we didnt know what happened. I for one know for certian that it looked as if this lady was trying to pass another vehicle because the person that she tried to pass was 2 of our men from our business. They had no way of knowing that she was suffering a stroke, and they assumed that she had tried to pass them. One of our men that was driving was the first to check on her before the police or paramedics even arrived on the scene. HE opened her door and saw her slumped over the wheel and leaned her back and check for a pulse on her wrist and on her neck, this guy is only in his early 20's and was very very traumitized!!! HE was heart struck when he found no pulse.

I am sorry about the assumptions but that is all they knew was it appeared that she was passing them, now I can tell them that she suffered an attack and that is why she swerved, May she rest in peace.

As I am reading this thread I am aware of many who are posting that live up here too.

If you notice an angry tone to our posting please forgive us.

These accidents strike fear in our hearts, this is not a crowded hwy like 92 or 278,

or even the southern end of 61.

We see this and are involved in fighting for our lives and that of our families each time we get on this hwy.

Friday I am coming through the pass were the 2 young men lost there lives. I hear a roar just as I come even with the 2 crosses.

A large truck has passed 3 cars behind me and has to pull in right on my ass to keep from hitting oncoming traffic.

Of course at the next pass you know what he did.

Perhaps we should get together and purchase large white crosses to mark all the fatalities out here.

There would be quite a few crowded in the same places.

I don't know what needs to be done to keep innocent people from being killed up here by impatient people in a hurry,

Putting others at risk.

I am so sorry if this hurts the family of any victims.

My heart and prayers certainly go out to them.

But there is a clear cause to theses fatal accidents up here.

Time to call a spade a spade.

I do not know if we can get this entire stretch to be changed to a no passing zone,

I am sorry about this rant, but I am so tired of these senseless fatalities up here.

And I am genuinely alert and frightened when I use the hwy.!