Paulding.com

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( :( SO Sad second head on accident in such a short time. Why ?

Because people dont think before passing, this was on a hill. Apparently the person that passed was in a huge hurry, that ended in tradegy, I hate it that this happened, but people need to learn from this and be more cautious! :(

People slow down!!!

This is just so sad. My heart goes out to all the families. I drive this way every day for work. People drive to fast and to careless on this road. I have watched people pass buses from three cars back because they are in such a rush!!!

From 11Alive.com

Two people were killed Monday in a two-car accident that took place on Highway 61 near Old Cartersville Road in the Dallas area, the Georgia State Patrol reported.

The wreck involved two vehicles and some of the victims were entrapped. The victims have not been identified and the accident is being investigated.

From 11Alive.com

Two people were killed Monday in a two-car accident that took place on Highway 61 near Old Cartersville Road in the Dallas area, the Georgia State Patrol reported.

The wreck involved two vehicles and some of the victims were entrapped. The victims have not been identified and the accident is being investigated.

So, does this mean that there were more than 2 people? It says "two people were killed" then it says "some of the victims were entrapped".

So sad. These always make tme think that my life can end in a split second.

As I am reading this thread I am aware of many who are posting that live up here too.

If you notice an angry tone to our posting please forgive us.

These accidents strike fear in our hearts, this is not a crowded hwy like 92 or 278,

or even the southern end of 61.

We see this and are involved in fighting for our lives and that of our families each time we get on this hwy.

Friday I am coming through the pass were the 2 young men lost there lives. I hear a roar just as I come even with the 2 crosses.

A large truck has passed 3 cars behind me and has to pull in right on my ass to keep from hitting oncoming traffic.

Of course at the next pass you know what he did.

Perhaps we should get together and purchase large white crosses to mark all the fatalities out here.

There would be quite a few crowded in the same places.

I don't know what needs to be done to keep innocent people from being killed up here by impatient people in a hurry,

Putting others at risk.

I am so sorry if this hurts the family of any victims.

My heart and prayers certainly go out to them.

But there is a clear cause to theses fatal accidents up here.

Time to call a spade a spade.

I do not know if we can get this entire stretch to be changed to a no passing zone,

I am sorry about this rant, but I am so tired of these senseless fatalities up here.

And I am genuinely alert and frightened when I use the hwy.!

You're not the only one that gets all upset...I'm scared to death to take my 2 year old out on the road. People don't watch what they're doing, or consider the 'what-if's about the two seconds infront of them, they only worry about the 'right here right now'. I used to be a very 'flighty' person, but mommy-hood turned me into someone that takes consequences into consideration before I do anything. Sometimes it's silly stuff, like which way to walk to the pool at the apartments, but ALWAYS with driving. I feel so sorry for those who lost loved ones today.

I agree I travel this road everyday and pass the white crosses where the other two lost their lives. I can't help to think to myself what would I do if someone was heading straight for me. Hubby always says to run off the side of the road but would you have time and their are alot of ditches on the side.

That's just the way I am I'm always thinking kinda What would I do ??

As I am reading this thread I am aware of many who are posting that live up here too.

These accidents strike fear in our hearts, this is not a crowded hwy like 92 or 278,

We see this and are involved in fighting for our lives and that of our families each time we get on this hwy.

Friday I am coming through the pass were the 2 young men lost there lives. I hear a roar just as I come even with the 2 crosses.

A large truck has passed 3 cars behind me and has to pull in right on my ass to keep from hitting oncoming traffic.

Perhaps we should get together and purchase large white crosses to mark all the fatalities out here.

I don't know what needs to be done to keep innocent people from being killed up here by impatient people in a hurry,

Putting others at risk.

I do not know if we can get this entire stretch to be changed to a no passing zone,

I am sorry about this rant, but I am so tired of these senseless fatalities up here.

I am also frightened when driving nowadays!!! you have to always be aware of who is around you.

Hwy 61 is an awful road to pass on and passing should be outlawed. If you dont like how slow the person in front of you is going then sorry, deal with it, maybe it is for a reason.

Today after the accident my husband called me from from work scared to death wanting to make sure I was at home safe. He said that this Lady had tried to pass one of our plumbing trucks and that she had tried to pass several times all along Hwy 61 and each time it was at a unsafe zone. Finally at "sambos" store at High Shoals rd, that she passed going down a hill, and saw a oncoming vehicle and tried to swerve back in front of our men. And she clipped the front of the plumbing truck and begin to spin, then hit the other person head on. Both people in the vehicles lost their lives, and our men were the 1st ones to check for their pulse. This was an Awful, awful accident and I will keep their families in my prayers. I am not aware of any other people that were involved in the accident. Just 2 fatilities, and 2 vehicles involved.

I am also frightened when driving nowadays!!! you have to always be aware of who is around you.

Hwy 61 is an awful road to pass on and passing should be outlawed. If you dont like how slow the person in front of you is going then sorry, deal with it, maybe it is for a reason.

Today after the accident my husband called me from from work scared to death wanting to make sure I was at home safe. He said that this Lady had tried to pass one of our plumbing trucks and that she had tried to pass several times all along Hwy 61 and each time it was at a unsafe zone. Finally at "sambos" store at High Shoals rd, that she passed going down a hill, and saw a oncoming vehicle and tried to swerve back in front of our men. And she clipped the front of the plumbing truck and begin to spin, then hit the other person head on. Both people in the vehicles lost their lives, and our men were the 1st ones to check for their pulse. This was an Awful, awful accident and I will keep their families in my prayers. I am not aware of any other people that were involved in the accident. Just 2 fatilities, and 2 vehicles involved.

I am so so sorry that you all are involved in this.. this just hits even closer to home... I will keep you all in my prayers..

This was an Awful, awful accident and I will keep their families in my prayers. I am not aware of any other people that were involved in the accident. Just 2 fatilities, and 2 vehicles involved.

Wow GT, that is terrible. Such senseless loss of lives.

I am so glad none of your peolpe were involved in this,

They could have easily been victims to this carelessness. as all of us who use the hwy up here.

Frank called me to ask if i knew anything about it, and of course to make sure I was home safe.

I guess people that don't live up here will ever really understand the emotional stress we go through up here about friends and loved ones when we hear this.

It is because the sad reality is, we feel like it may eventually be us or our loved ones.

You can not understand it until you live through the hundreds of near misses we live with everyday.

My son starts back to school in Powdersprings next week, We will be driving it every day.

It is so bad up here that those odds are not good.

And like another poster said I think about it all the time,

And have decided my son and I have a better chance of making it if I take the ditch!

Snote Jones road, the road made out of sand, over by High Shoals road??? Thats where the accident took place? I have always been scared of going up that hill for just that reason, and my fear has become reality. Like my father used to tell me, I would rather arrive some where 5 minutes late, rather than not arrive at all. They did a major study of speeding, and found, on average, speeding mixed with lane switching will typically get you to your destination only 5 minutes faster.

I don't go on 61 because the only reason I used to go was to ride Snote jones road, Johnny monk road, High shoals, and braswell mtn. road on my motorcycle. I have stopped because people pass me like I am going in reverse, and I am traveling at 60 MPH on my bike. Can't they put cops on this road, just sitting in the bushes, I am sure the county would make a fortune handing out speeding tickets and wreckless driving. Also this would strongly discourage speeding, they did this in the N. Georgia mountains and the idiots on the sports bike pretty much stopped going all together, which is great!

Edited by Incabiker

Putting others at risk.

I agree and it's about time somebody said this.

I live off N. 61 and I am tired of risking my life just for a trip to the supermarket.

I really wish we could get some traffic enforcement up here.

I think it is a N. Paulding thing between getting passed on 61 and Dabbs bridge road I have considered handing my license back to the state.. I want to live and my children to live but dang when you have idiots that put your life in a unsafe situation then you know darned well it is time to do something and this is an every day accurance up here not just a once in a while thing..