7 replies to this topic

#1 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

I'm having a craving for some good homemade fried rice and I can never get it right on my own without a recipe.All the ones I find online calls for cashews and all sorts of weird stuff.I'm looking for one with just peas/carrots,eggs,soy sauce,rice and chicken maybe.Please,anyone have one???

Posted Image

#2 rakled

rakled

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,160 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:36 PM

umm that sounds yummy. my hubby and daughter would love for me to learn how to make chicken fried rice.

#3 1stimemom

1stimemom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,903 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:51 PM

here's how we make ours.

Prepare SHORT grain rice (sushi rice works perfectly) and chill over night.

Add a few tablespoons of butter to a wok or frying pan and add all the veggies and egg and cook. Next, add the rice, soy sauce, and sesame seeds(optional).

If you go to a Japanese rest., the rice they use is sushi rice and it is usually the leftovers from the day before. wink.gif Now I want some fried rice.
Posted Image

#4 Prince4ever

Prince4ever

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (MrsApple @ Jul 22 2007, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm having a craving for some good homemade fried rice and I can never get it right on my own without a recipe.All the ones I find online calls for cashews and all sorts of weird stuff.I'm looking for one with just peas/carrots,eggs,soy sauce,rice and chicken maybe.Please,anyone have one???

I don't really have a recipe but all you have to do is... put oil just to cover the bottom of an iron skillet...after you preheat it some...then put uncooked white rice in and let it brown...stirring so it won't burn...when it is brown as you want it.. add water and let come to a boil...cover and turn down the heat...when it is done put whatever you want in it...yummo...while it is cooking I guess you could put in the other stuff too...just depends what you like in it...let me know how it turns out..OH..my friend that is Hispanic told me how yrs ago....and I forgot to tell you...you do have to let the rice cook down..I guess you know that though....

Edited by Prince4ever, 22 July 2007 - 11:01 PM.

#5 Cajun

Cajun

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:23 AM

I use the fried rice pack and follow the directions.
I leave out the veggies....I just put the egg soy sauce and fried rice pack.
It is still yummy.
I have been craving it too.
Think I will make some today.

#6 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,339 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:27 AM

I use this site alot, it has every Chinese food recipe that you could ever want :

http://www.chinesefood-recipes.com/

A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#7 Guest_Oscar_*

Guest_Oscar_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:32 AM

Steam rice. Scramble eggs. Cook up a few strips of bacon (the fatty kind, cut in small pieces) in a LARGE pan. Include some small cut onions. Don't drain the GREASE!

After bacon is cooked, add rice and eggs to LARGE pan. Combine. (The bacon grease is what give it the yummy flavor) Add soy sauce to taste.

(We usually add a little bit of corn as well.) Our kids love it.

#8 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (1stimemom @ Jul 22 2007, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
here's how we make ours.

Prepare SHORT grain rice (sushi rice works perfectly) and chill over night.

Add a few tablespoons of butter to a wok or frying pan and add all the veggies and egg and cook. Next, add the rice, soy sauce, and sesame seeds(optional).

If you go to a Japanese rest., the rice they use is sushi rice and it is usually the leftovers from the day before. wink.gif Now I want some fried rice.

Yummy happy.gif Thanks! Oh,and can I get sushi rice in the rice aisle???

QUOTE (Prince4ever @ Jul 22 2007, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really have a recipe but all you have to do is... put oil just to cover the bottom of an iron skillet...after you preheat it some...then put uncooked white rice in and let it brown...stirring so it won't burn...when it is brown as you want it.. add water and let come to a boil...cover and turn down the heat...when it is done put whatever you want in it...yummo...while it is cooking I guess you could put in the other stuff too...just depends what you like in it...let me know how it turns out..OH..my friend that is Hispanic told me how yrs ago....and I forgot to tell you...you do have to let the rice cook down..I guess you know that though....

Thanks!
QUOTE (Cajun @ Jul 23 2007, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use the fried rice pack and follow the directions.
I leave out the veggies....I just put the egg soy sauce and fried rice pack.
It is still yummy.
I have been craving it too.
Think I will make some today.

That sounds easy enough!
QUOTE (mrshoward @ Jul 23 2007, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use this site alot, it has every Chinese food recipe that you could ever want :
http://www.chinesefood-recipes.com/

QUOTE (Oscar @ Jul 23 2007, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steam rice. Scramble eggs. Cook up a few strips of bacon (the fatty kind, cut in small pieces) in a LARGE pan. Include some small cut onions. Don't drain the GREASE!

After bacon is cooked, add rice and eggs to LARGE pan. Combine. (The bacon grease is what give it the yummy flavor) Add soy sauce to taste.

(We usually add a little bit of corn as well.) Our kids love it.

Thanks!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics