Paulding.com

Ray "Big Boss Man" Traylor found dead

Guest publisher

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paulding County has lost a good man. He was always around to help out with any children charities. The wrestling community has lost a great entertainer. I voted for him this summer, I thought he'ld made a great commissioner.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family. He will be missed.

Frank and I are so very sorry to hear about this loss to our community. He was a man with great courage to have stepped out to try to serve this area in the primary election. He handled himself with dignity and he will be missed. We are glad that we had a chance to know him. His work in charity and in making people happy in his profession will not be forgotten. Our prayers go out to his family.

Dogwood, you said it best: a gentle giant.

I did not know Ray until both of us decided to jump into the political arena. In the short time I got to know him, it became apparent that Ray possessed qualities our community benefited from and truly needs in public service. I will never forget talking to Ray and asking him what in the world he was thinking when he decided to run for office. Without a hesitation and with a sincerity that would elude a politician who runs for the wrong reasons, he responded that he "just wanted to help kids".

Our community has lost a good person whose motivation in serving others was inspirational. I think the legacy that he left for our community is that every action we take as human beings should have the goal of helping kids. Remember, too, that he has young children. After the situation settles down, we need to live the example he set in private life by helping his kids.

This is the statement off of WWE.com

World Wrestling Entertainment is saddened by the loss of Ray Traylor, professionally known as the Big Boss Man. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Inside the wrestling ring, Boss Man was one of the most feared and respected Superstars of his time. Outside the ring, however, Traylor was a kind, gentle, charitable, compassionate family man. While his WWE persona was known for antagonizing others, the real Traylor stopped at nothing to put smiles on the faces of the children he would meet.

Traylor began wrestling in 1984. While serving as a prison guard in Cobb County, Georgia, Traylor caught the attention of a local Atlanta wrestling booker. After months of learning the ropes and paying his dues, Traylor was re-christened Big Bubba Rogers. Not long after, Big Bubba Rogers was in main events all over the country, serving as Jim Cornette’s bodyguard.

A few years later, Traylor traveled to Stamford, Connecticut, to meet with Vince McMahon. Shortly thereafter, the Big Boss Man was created.

As a member of WWE, Big Boss Man rapidly moved up the ranks to main event status. It was as the Boss Man in WWE that Traylor enjoyed his greatest success, facing off against many huge names – Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage and Andre the Giant.

Ray's spirit and warm nature will never be forgotten.

I'm in total shock. Ray was a wonderful person, who always showed his love for his family and community. He was so friendly to all and always took time for the kids. I feel so blessed to have known him. My heart is breaking, and I can't imagine how Angela and the girls are handling this terrible loss. My thoughts and prayers are with them now.

I had the opportunity to meet Ray Traylor 4 years ago when my son and his daughter were in Pre-K at Dallas First Baptist....You immediately found him to be warm and friendly...You could not help but like him...But like Mason I really had the opportunity to get to know Ray during the primary as our paths crossed often during the election cycle...I had several conversations with him and I got to see a side that clearly demonstrated his love of Paulding County and the people there...I too could go on and on about the individual he was and the the things he did...He would take his shirt off and hand it to you without question...His desire for the "good" things for those living in Paulding came from the bottom of his heart...I am very grateful I had the opportunity to really get to know the "Big Boss Man"...my life has truely been touched because of him and what I saw in him...Yes we have lost a GREAT citizen, a GREAT entertainer, and a GREAT friend...my thoughts and prayers are with his wife and girls...Ray, my friend, You ran a GREAT race in life and you will be missed.

Edited by KenBall

I met Ray at an auction for my sons best friend.He talked to my son for an hour and was such inspiration to me and him.We stood there and cried together.He gave my son his autograph on a paper plate. We will truly miss me.Prayers for the family.

I'm writing all the way from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I'm 24 years old now but Ray has pretty much been my idol ever since I was 8 years old due to his wrestling career. I finally got the chance the meet him during March of 2002 at Wrestlemania in Toronto. He was very friendly. I along with another friend hung out in his hotel room for a bit and he signed autographs for us and took pictures with us. He was very down to earth, cool and generous. He really went out of his way for my friend and I. Thanks to his wife Angela who I have corresponded with many times through e-mail I was able to meet Ray that weekend in 2002. Ray has also influenced me in many ways. I didn't know him personally but I know he was a special person. A very sad day. My deepest regrets go to Angela and his two daughters. Ray gave me a white "Big Boss Man" star badge and I will continue to wear it in remembrance.

i have been in shock all afternoon! I know Ray never knew my name but, our kids were in preschool together and from all the involvement he had he left lasting impressions on kids and parents alike!!! I lost my dad way too early due to similar health problems and all I can say is anyone and everyone should always share the good stories with his family. THEY WILL CHERISH EVERYONE!!!! I hope they know how BLESSED they were to have such a wonderful husband, daddy, brother, friend. I know I'll never forget him!!!

I just learned of this tragic death a few minutes ago. I extend my deepest sympathies to his family.

I never had the privilege of meeting Ray face to face, but I did correspond with him via PM a couple of times. It was more than obvious from his messages to me that this was a man with integrity, and a man who cared very much for the citizens, especially the children of this county. He seemed to have a heart as big as all outdoors.

One of the things I will remember about him is his statements of faith to me personally. He was completely unapologetically open about his committment to Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. He had made a committment to a Christian athletic organization in Phoenix, AZ, and keeping it meant that he missed the debate. As we discussed the matter, I congratulated him for having the moral fiber and backbone to stick to his committments.

Ray is a person I've thought about several times since, and really wished I could have met him face to face. I know from what he wrote me, that I would have found a friend in him. There was a kindness and gentleness he expressed that was unassuming, and genuinely disarming.

I fear that Paulding County has lost part of its core. Our loss, however, is surely Heaven's gain.

Funeral Arrangements for Ray Traylor:

Friday, September 24th, 2004

Visitation @ Eberhart's Funeral Home

Dallas, GA

5:00 pm to 9:00 pm

Saturday, September 25th, 2004

Viewing from 10:00 am to 11:00 am

Funeral Services begin at 11:00 am

@ Pickett's Mill Baptist Church

located on Hwy. 92 in Dallas, GA<

Burial to follow at Dallas Memorial Gardens

CLICK ON THE "RAY TRAYLOR MEMORIAL" LINK ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY PERSONAL HOMEPAGE LOCATED AT Ray Traylor Memorial TO VIEW A PHOTO OF RAY & AN ARTICLE ABOUT HIS LIFE.

Family and Friends of Ray "Bossman" Traylor,

We are going to miss the Bossman. And please accept out condolences and heartfelt wishes for you to find comfort during this time.

Consider getting involved with The American Heart Association and the 2004 Heart Walk & Peddle a week from tomorrow, October 2 at 9:00 AM at the Hiram Silver Comet Trailhead in memory of the Bossman.

We will be having a Low Country Boil tonight at The Surepips [see the thread in American Heartwalk and in the Internet Cafe about the dinner] as a fundraiser for Heartwalk.

We will be thinking about the Bossman, and his family and friends.

Our Broker, Terry Dobbins, told this story about Bossman:

Mr. Traylor was at our agency once to sign some papers on a transaction and Terry asked him for a picture so that he could give it to a child that was sick and loved wrestling. Instead of the picture, Mr. Traylor went to Scottish Rite Hospital the very next day and spent time with the child. It absolutely thrilled the young man. I'm sure there are other examples of Mr. Traylor's generous spirit, but we wanted to share that story.

All of us at West Metro send our condolences to the family.

I want to offer my condolences to Ray's wife and children. Ray was a friend of mine that I met through the wrestling world. I lost contact with him several years ago and life happens so I was never able to get back in touch with him. He was truly a good man. I know he loved his wife very much and lived for his children. He will be missed by many, but at least he gets to be with his mom again. I know, like myself, Rays family, friends, and the community will have a whole in their heart that will never be filled. He will be missed. Rest in Peace Ray.

Love,

Amber