Paulding.com

There was a two-car wreck last night at around 6.30 or 6.45 on Hiram-Sudie (yet again) that looked pretty bad. Anybody heard anything about that?

I don't know what happened but when I came by there were 2 cars in the ditch, with damage, on the south side of the road....time was about 7:15

Nope. :( My son starts driving next week. I'm going to be a basket case. Especially everytime I see an accident report. I'm nervous.

Prayers for those involved.

I'm the same way about Hubby...he works night shift so from about 10:30-11:15, I'm super nervous...and then from about 7:30 until he walks in the door. God forbid he be late...and he always has the music turned up so he can't hear his cell phone ring when I call 15 zillion times to make sure he's okay. If I hear 'but I'm a safe driver honey' one more time.....! He doesn't understand that it's not HIS driving that I worry about!

There was a two-car wreck last night at around 6.30 or 6.45 on Hiram-Sudie (yet again) that looked pretty bad. Anybody heard anything about that?

This was right at the end of our driveway and we didn't hear at thing!! I'd like to know what happened too!

I passed by the scene only moments after it occured. No rescue or police had shown up yet

and I could tell it looked serious. It appears that an older model S-10 pickup somehow left the

road and ended up in the ditch below (appx 7 - 8ft below road level). The S-10 was sitting on all

four tires but for some reason it looked like the entire roof was collapsed. I did see a young lady

who appeared to have cuts on her head standing beside the roadway. As I was getting to the site,

police and emergency vehicles were arriving.

The stretch of Hiram-Sudie just west of Bill Carruth is a VERY dangerous location if your vehicle

leaves the roadway for any reason. There are no shoulders for about a mile or two. There's

the one section that is about a 40ft ravine with a house at the bottom that amazes me more

people haven't went off that ravine.

We should really petition the Georgia DOT to install at least guard rails along this section. Does

anyone know how to get such a petition started?

IF HIRAM-SUDIE IS SOOO DANGEROUS, ""WHY"" DID THE STATE OR COUNTY RAISE THE SPEED LIMIT?? THIS DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!! :o

What's with the uppercase screaming mode??

Anyways, the road is perfectly fine when going the speed limit (35 was ridiculous, I'm sorry), unfortunately, every now and then I have people PASS me when I'm already doing about 50, 52.. it's the reckless drivers who are dangerous, not the road. -_-

What's with the uppercase screaming mode??

Anyways, the road is perfectly fine when going the speed limit (35 was ridiculous, I'm sorry), unfortunately, every now and then I have people PASS me when I'm already doing about 50, 52.. it's the reckless drivers who are dangerous, not the road. -_-

I HAVE VISION PROBLEMS!! IS THAT OK??

I HAVE VISION PROBLEMS!! IS THAT OK??

Thanks for explaining that, I didn't know either. :blush:

Maybe you could put something in your siggy: "I'm not screaming at you."

Edited by CeeJay
Thanks for explaining that, I didn't know either. :blush:

Maybe you could put something in your siggy: "I'm not screaming at you."

Thats a great, Thanks. I did not think of that! BUT, I don't know how to do a siggy!

We should really petition the Georgia DOT to install at least guard rails along this section. Does

anyone know how to get such a petition started?

Agreed. But, I don't know how to start the process.

I would start by contacting the County DOT and working from there. I know that it is a state route but they can probably give you the info you need to get the ball rolling.

Good idea, I agree that something needs to be done.

Catch22.. how are people supposed to know that - and why you have to put your own posts in upper case when you have vision problems I don't understand to be honest. My husband has massive vision problems too but it's other peoples posts that he would like to see better, not his own. ;)

To make a signature:

- Go to 'My Controls'

- On the left side go to 'Edit Signature'

- Insert Text

- Click 'Update my Signature'