Paulding.com

SUSPECT IS BLACK MALE

VEHICLE WAS LAST SEEN IN ST CHARLES ESTATE S/D

VICTIMS VEHICLE WAS LOCATED

SUSPECT FLED ---DOGS WERE CALLED OUT

---SUSPECT TURNED UP AT A PERSONS HOUSE ON GREGORY COURT- TOLD FEMALE HIS CAR HAD BROKEN DOWN - WANTED ASSISTANCE- SHE ADVISED HIM SHE WOULD CALL POLICE - HE THEN FLED

--- OFFICERS CAPTURED THE SUSPECT IN THE AREA OF RUSSELL LANE/ GREGORY COURT HE IS IN CUSTODY- HAS BEEN TAKEN TO THE JAIL -CID FOR FURTHER QUESTIONING

----2 FEMALES IN A GREEN VEHICLE ARE ALSO BEING TAKEN FOR QUESTIONING- LAST NAME MCCLUSKEY

--- OFFICERS ARE BACK ENROUTE TO THE CITGO TO VIEW THE SURVELLIANCE CAMERA AND OBTAIN EVIDENCE

---I DO NOT KNOW IF THE VICTIM OF THE CAR THEFT WAS INJURED

---121 just advised the orginal victim is following him to investigations

---case # for this incident is 32317

i am doing better , thank you. been traveling, moving and my oldest scanner dog passed on- with him gone it was hard to keep up the posts .

I do not know if any one else has had problems with hearing the scanner traffic- but the officers have had a bad time getting their radio's to perform as they should- it seems to be an on going problem.

for the officers sake- i hope it is corrected soon

This came across the scanner sometime between 3-4 am that this was an "armed robbery/carjacking from the Citgo on Hwy.61. S.O. was right on top of it and spotted the stolen car on 61 and the perps bailed out of the car somewhere around Gregory Ct or Russell Lane right off of Hwy.61during the chase that insued and they called the dogs to search. You can probably hear it on the scanner archives. I heard it live because I could not sleep. This is just the jest of it all the details will be on the archive.I agree that the S.O. did a great job in getting these guys. It could have been much worse if the person with the gun pointed at them had not willingly let them take the car. I personally think this is more than just being black and running.Maybe you would feel different if you were the one that the pistol (which was black with a wooden handle) pointed at your head.This came across the scanner sometime between 3-4 am that this was an "armed robbery/carjacking from the Citgo on Hwy.61. S.O. was right on top of it and spotted the stolen car on 61 and the perps bailed out of the car somewhere around Gregory Ct or Russell Lane right off of Hwy.61during the chase that insued and they called the dogs to search. You can probably hear it on the scanner archives. I heard it live because I could not sleep. This is just the jest of it all the details will be on the archive.I agree that the S.O. did a great job in getting these guys. It could have been much worse if the person with the gun pointed at them had not willingly let them take the car. I personally think this is more than just being black and running.Maybe you would feel different if you were the one that the pistol (which was black with a wooden handle) pointed at your head.

I live on Russell Lane and the car was left/crashed into my next door neighbors yard, the owner/victim of the car was a black male appeared young and he was uninjured. There were 5/6 of them and the SO did a great job, the only complaint that I have is that when I asked them to search my building (around 6am) they told me that they had "him" they never suggested that there was more than one and I should go into my house and lock the doors...two hours (approx) later they pulled one of the guys out of the house next door that the little girl (13yrs) let in to use the phone, all the while my front door was wide open....very scary - in the words of Gary Gulledge "This aint Mayberry" It really hit home today, I've lived here most of my life and never thought the crime would actually "catch" us here, guess its time to look for a "safer" place to raise my children :unsure:

I live on Russell Lane and the car was left/crashed into my next door neighbors yard, the owner/victim of the car was a black male appeared young and he was uninjured. There were 5/6 of them and the SO did a great job, the only complaint that I have is that when I asked them to search my building (around 6am) they told me that they had "him" they never suggested that there was more than one and I should go into my house and lock the doors...two hours (approx) later they pulled one of the guys out of the house next door that the little girl (13yrs) let in to use the phone, all the while my front door was wide open....very scary - in the words of Gary Gulledge "This aint Mayberry" It really hit home today, I've lived here most of my life and never thought the crime would actually "catch" us here, guess its time to look for a "safer" place to raise my children :unsure:

SCARY! Were her parents home? Why in the world would she do that? Poor girl.

SCARY! Were her parents home? Why in the world would she do that? Poor girl.

No, her parents were NOT home, Her brother was asleep - I am not sure why she did it, I know that it is very scary to realize that kids really have a false sense of security when it comes to being at home...Her dad was really upset, The officer on the scene said to all of us, NEVER NEVER open your door, always call 911, even when there seems to be no threat...ahhhh - I'm having a hard time sleeping, I'm sure my neighbors are too :blink:

No, her parents were NOT home, Her brother was asleep - I am not sure why she did it, I know that it is very scary to realize that kids really have a false sense of security when it comes to being at home...Her dad was really upset, The officer on the scene said to all of us, NEVER NEVER open your door, always call 911, even when there seems to be no threat...ahhhh - I'm having a hard time sleeping, I'm sure my neighbors are too :blink:

It could have been a much worse situation. I'll remember to tell this story to my daughters in the morning for a reality check. So much crime in Paulding nowadays...

I hope you get comfortable again in your own home, Angie. Sorry that happened, I'm sure it shook all of you.

Edited by CeeJay
It could have been a much worse situation. I'll remember to tell this story to my daughters in the morning for a reality check. So much crime in Paulding nowadays...

I hope you get comfortable again in your own home, Angie. Sorry that happened, I'm sure it shook all of you.

Thanx CeeJay, I hope we can feel normal again soon, It makes me sad that the place my family and I call home doesnt feel so safe anymore, the whole enviornment of the county has changed so much.

Please tell everyone you know and you are right it could have been so much worse! I hope everyone has a great weekend, love those long weekends :)