Sporting life 88

Super Icon

• Membr
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,627 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:30 PM

#2 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,413 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:25 PM

thanks for sharing!
smile.gif
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#3 fishnthec

fishnthec

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:43 PM

It does make sense. I have recently been researching the link between autism and mothers who were given Pitocin to induce labor. Pitocin also has a preservative, like mercury. There is much information about this on the internet. I suggest to anyone getting ready to have a baby. If at all possible, do not let them use Pitocin. Better to be safe.

#4 Paulding Navigator Team

Paulding Navigator Team

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,895 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:49 PM

Hm.... I think I was given that drug when I had my son and he has autism.

#5 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77,669 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:07 PM

Wow! I just wonder how many moms where given this drug and who has children that has Autism...

Jabez great topic!
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#6 JADE

JADE

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:14 PM

When I worked at an alternative clinic near Alabama, we saw many Autistic children.

One in particular had stopped delevoping after a vaccine. At 18 months old, he didn't walk or talk. We got him on a program of healthy foods (no preservatives) and started detoxing his little system of heavy metals.

I of course did B.E.S.T. emotional work on the Mom and Dad and Chiropractic on him. After 8 weeks he was walking and starting to talk. I believe there is definately a link between vaccinations and Autism. Some children are just more sensitive than others.
PEACE, LOVE AND FUZZY KITTIES!!

SPAY ~ NEUTER ~ ADOPT

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.. I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man"
-- Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)

#7 fishnthec

fishnthec

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (ReadingRules @ Jun 20 2007, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm.... I think I was given that drug when I had my son and he has autism.

I'd love to know how many mothers of autistic kids had this drug. They are doing several studies on it now. I had it with one but not the other.

#8 Thoughts

Thoughts

Demon begone!!!

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,874 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:05 PM

Great Article Jabez, thanks for sharing...

... now if they can just figure out how you got to be a werewolf, I mean really, what insane lycathrope would willing bite such a mean and twisted ol' battleaxe like you and then suffer the horror filled torturous death afterwards... tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
Posted Image Posted Image

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Religion in Government is like Gang Rape. 5 out of the 6 participants thinks it's great, done by popular concensus and morally justified because the Bible and "god" said they could. Publicly the 5 condem it but have no problems privately supporting it or participating in it...

#9 Sporting life 88

Sporting life 88

Super Icon

• Membr
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,627 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:08 PM

I didn't get pitocin. I had my son by c-section. But his father is a Gulf War Vet and many people that were in the war (and given tons of vaccines in Saudi) have children that have autism.
I think education is the key. The more we talk about it the less our loved ones with autism can be pushed to the side and forgotten.

Thanks guys for reading the article.

#10 Lady Tass

Lady Tass

Official PCOM STALKER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,080 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:17 PM

WOW too speechless here. I was thinking of my friends with Polio when i read this. WOW
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Reading the Scarlett Letter!

#11 OneToZen

OneToZen

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:51 AM

yes...I heard the study a while ago about the pitocin. It was extremely high (and I dont have it here but...) I THINK it was 67% of autistic kids studied were given pitocin in vitro or during labor. That is VERY high (dont quote me on exact % but I am pretty sure that is what it said). Now this does NOT mean that 67% of people GETTING pitocin will have autistic kids...but that Pitocin is highly linked with kids that HAVE autism already. Genetics has already been proven in many studies to be linked with autism but then there seems to be a "trigger" to set it off.

I have three kids. I had C-sections with all three...but induced labor with only one. she happens to be autistic and I had Pitocin only with her during labor. I also had many autistic like symptoms growing up, from seizures to social and learning issues....but am not autistic.....but highly likely I am genetically disposed, so to speak. My other two children do not have autism or tendencies.

Something to wonder about, for sure!

#12 leslie71

leslie71

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,219 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:53 AM

how many people had pitocin and whose kids are fine?

I did.

#13 brandywine

brandywine

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Heathen @ Jun 22 2007, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did.

HAD it TWICE, BOTH KIDS UNAFFECTED...

#14 Madea

Madea

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,484 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:21 AM

I discussed the use of mercury in vaccines with my son's doctor about 6 or 7 years ago and he stated it was no longer being used in vaccines. Is that not true of Pitocin?
And for the record, I am not/will not be in any way responsible for your child in any way, shape or form. You had this child, I did not. And if you get to judge me as a person then I get to judge you as a parent. ~Rockysmom (8/11/10)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson.

Your judgments don't define me, they define you.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

"Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

#15 fishnthec

fishnthec

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:24 AM

I did.

I am sure there are Millions. The study is not saying that if you are given Pitocin your children will be austistic. It is saying that it could be a possible trigger for children who have the genetic component for autism. Same thing with the vaccines. It seems to trigger the genes that cause autism in some. It's a starting point for sure.

#16 Turning the other cheek

Turning the other cheek

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:48 AM

If this is true, then my son should be Autistic. But he is almost 4 now and is fine.

Chickadee went into the hospital to be induced and was in labor for 2 days! She was given almost 2 bags of Pitocin, the doctor said that most women only require 1/4 - 1/2 of 1 bag!

She was very close to having to go have a C-section, but when Jacob was born he had so much Pitocin in him that he did not cry at first, and the nurses were worried enough to call the NIC unit down, but after a little while everything turned out ok.
Turning the other cheek 'outta here'!

#17 OneToZen

OneToZen

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:31 PM

"I am sure there are Millions. The study is not saying that if you are given Pitocin your children will be austistic. It is saying that it could be a possible trigger for children who have the genetic component for autism. Same thing with the vaccines. It seems to trigger the genes that cause autism in some. It's a starting point for sure. "

That is exactly the point I was trying to make above, FishintheC. Not trying to be rude here...but I said that percentage meant the percent of autistic children that had Pitocin at some point was 67%. Pitocin does not make your kids autistic....but it is thought to be a trigger that causes autism in many children who are pre-disposed. I thought I wrote it clearly, but Fishie says it so much better...thank you! Do not feel that drug will give you an autistic child...but if you HAVE autistic children already...I surely wouldnt use the drug....just in case! Or if you had symptoms as a child like I did...i would not have used it, had I known.

I am not sure if they have changed that drug as they have the vaccines....I bet they have. Mine was given in 1995 before the real "autism explosion" so to speak. I really dont know details...but i do know that 67% is a HUGE number and makes me think twice!

I am sorry if you misunderstood my first post...I am not very good with words. Pitocin does not cause Autism in healthy children, but may be linked in pre-disposed children.

#18 Garnet1679

Garnet1679

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (OneToZen @ Jun 23 2007, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"I am sure there are Millions. The study is not saying that if you are given Pitocin your children will be austistic. It is saying that it could be a possible trigger for children who have the genetic component for autism. Same thing with the vaccines. It seems to trigger the genes that cause autism in some. It's a starting point for sure. "
That is exactly the point I was trying to make above, FishintheC. Not trying to be rude here...but I said that percentage meant the percent of autistic children that had Pitocin at some point was 67%. Pitocin does not make your kids autistic....but it is thought to be a trigger that causes autism in many children who are pre-disposed. I thought I wrote it clearly, but Fishie says it so much better...thank you! Do not feel that drug will give you an autistic child...but if you HAVE autistic children already...I surely wouldnt use the drug....just in case! Or if you had symptoms as a child like I did...i would not have used it, had I known.

I am not sure if they have changed that drug as they have the vaccines....I bet they have. Mine was given in 1995 before the real "autism explosion" so to speak. I really dont know details...but i do know that 67% is a HUGE number and makes me think twice!
I am sorry if you misunderstood my first post...I am not very good with words. Pitocin does not cause Autism in healthy children, but may be linked in pre-disposed children.

My son is autistic and he is three. Iwasn't given pitocin with him as I remember, but I have five kids and could be wrong cause I did get it with all the others. The more I have studied about autism the more it seems that it is something genetic but that seems to be triggered by something environmental. Whether exposed during pregnancy and your child is born autistic, which since my son has always been this way I think is the case, or it happens afterward and the child has regressive autism. The scary thought is what if more than one environmental factor could be held responsible. I know that everyday is an uphill battle for my son. His dad and I are trying very hard to educate ourselves and at the same time be his advocate...and it is hard to do both at once. Sometimes we feel completely lost.
Posted Image

#19 cherokeewoman

cherokeewoman

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:46 AM

What time span was mercury put in vaccines? They don't do it now do they? When do the first signs of autism show up?
Is there mercury in picotin now, or was there for a time? I know if the water has broke when you get to the hospital, they will give it to you, to speed up the contractions, they did this to my daughter, it caused her blood pressure to go way down and the baby go into distress several times, so what is the benefit of pecotin? It cause her and her baby to be in distress and at the last minute almost a c section, suction had to be used to deliver the baby quickly? so is this drug a benefit to the mothers/babies or to the doctors and nurses and is it overused?

#20 Mom2Cuties

Mom2Cuties

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:23 PM

Actually there is still THIMEROSAL (a mercury-containing organic compound) in vaccines. Here is an FDA article on it...
http://www.fda.gov/b...1/NEW00756.html

#21 elliesgranny

elliesgranny

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (JADE @ Jun 20 2007, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I worked at an alternative clinic near Alabama, we saw many Autistic children.

One in particular had stopped delevoping after a vaccine. At 18 months old, he didn't walk or talk. We got him on a program of healthy foods (no preservatives) and started detoxing his little system of heavy metals.

I of course did B.E.S.T. emotional work on the Mom and Dad and Chiropractic on him. After 8 weeks he was walking and starting to talk. I believe there is definately a link between vaccinations and Autism. Some children are just more sensitive than others.

I have a friend with an autistic child. She did this same thing. She started researching autism and found evidence that detoxing the child's body and eliminating certain foods from her diet were key to stopping the progression of the autism. She began the same regimine that you're speaking of and now the results are amazing. The child is 7 years old and acts just like any other 7 year old. Anyone who doesn't know her history would have no idea that she is an autistic child. rolleyes.gif

Edited by dj54, 11 September 2007 - 04:58 AM.

#22 Oh No Its Me

Oh No Its Me

I'm a ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:28 AM

Pitocin all 3 times, all 3 kids are fine...all have been vaccinated also. If the cause of Autism is vaccinations I think more time needs to be spent finding out why the vaccinations could so negatively harm one child while not phasing another. What is it in that one childs body that is allowing this to happen.

If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with you own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

#23 JBMOM

JBMOM

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:49 AM

My daughter is also autistic and I had pitocin to induce labor. She also had her first seizure two days after her chicken pox's shot. I also had to have antibiotics when I was in labor.. I just hope one day they fine out what causes Autism.

#24 Garnet1679

Garnet1679

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:07 AM

My baby is only 4 months old and we have vaccinated her up to this point, but we are now delaying the rest until she is older. We just stay scared that we could lose another happy bubbling baby to Autism, especially since we don't know what causes it. If it is genetic and triggered by environmental...well we are gonna err on the side of caution. Especially since the next round of vaccines include the chicken pox vac. Some may think that is irresponsible but I can promise those are the people who have completely healthy children and have never watched one get sick from something they aren't sure about. Everyone is always for vaccines until something happens.
Posted Image

#25 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 28,183 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:03 AM

I think an important question would be to find any recent cases of children that have autism, that have not had either vaccines or pitocin.
Thanks Jabbers for sharing the article.

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#26 ~Blonde Mom~

~Blonde Mom~

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:17 PM

I had pitocin with my 11 year old, he is fine. I did NOT have it with my 8 year old ( with autism), he was a scheduled c-section as was my 6 year old. My 8 year old has autism, my 6 year old nor 11 year old does not. The ONLY thing I can think of that was different with my pregnancy with my 8 year old was, I was deathly sick and had to take phengerin (sp) every single day until he was born.

However, my 8 year old was the only one of my children the doc. put on that shot for chronic ear infections. I don't remember what it's called, but I do remember it was very new at the time. I am NOT saying this shot caused my son's autism, I'm just saying, my son with autism is the ONLY one of my boys that got this shot.

#27 LHCleg

LHCleg

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 01:31 PM

I did.

I did. 19 years ago.

#28 WoodSprit

WoodSprit

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:24 PM

I had pitocin with my first child...she is 12 and a straight A venture student . My hubby was also in Saudi, received all the shots...no problems here with either on of my kids. dry.gif Have another baby on the way.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing"

#29 DONSGIRL

DONSGIRL

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:02 PM

I have a 9 year old son who is ADHD/Autism. I'm not sure if I got the pitocin or not. The day I delivered him the hospital broke my water and put me on an IV I was in labor for 12 hours when my fever went up and the baby's heart rate went up they decided to do a C Section.

#30 Snow White

Snow White

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:29 PM

good article not sure about all of it though

My Uncles, and two cousins have autism, I believe it is genetic
but vaccines could be related. I do know my Uncles did not get
vaccines at all, but it seems to have only effected the men in the
family. I would like to learn more about Autism though.

I am a newbie on pcom be nice unsure.gif

Posted Image

#31 Armymom

Armymom

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Snow White @ Apr 22 2008, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good article not sure about all of it though

My Uncles, and two cousins have autism, I believe it is genetic
but vaccines could be related. I do know my Uncles did not get
vaccines at all, but it seems to have only effected the men in the
family. I would like to learn more about Autism though.

I am a newbie on pcom be nice unsure.gif

Welcome to Pcom Snow White!
"May God Bless And Keep Our Sons And Daughters of The Military Safe And In His Care 'Til They Come Home"
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

#32 mug

mug

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

As I am sure that this will ruffle a few feathers, I will go ahead and say it. I work in the field of education and have noticed many things. First would be that I believe that Austism is overdiagnosed (along with ADHD). Please do not get me wrong, I do believe that some children are austistic but for some reason doctors are seeing behavior problems in a child or that the child does not "fit in" and so they are diagnosed with austism. Once a child in diagnosed it is a whirl wind of emotions and labels for that child, they see different teachers, different doctors, and are treated differently. I have a friend who has a child with aspburgers, but the second you talk to him, you know that there is something missing. I have met many children who do not act like others and they are labeled. This is still a guessing game at this point. Austism is social. And just to ruffle a few feathers, has anyone ever thought to discuss parenting? Please do not think that I am blaming ALL parents of children diagnosed with autism. I know of a specific child who is diagnosed with austism but is really just a verbally abused scared child. He functions well with others considering his age but the mom feels that he is bad and can't focus so she took him to several doctors brofre he was diagnosed.

Again, I do believe that austism is real and I do believe that chidlren may be being poisoned, but I feel like there should be more testing available, and more work with parents of children diagnosed with austism.

Also, most of you seem like a good group of concerned parents but I must tell you, please do not use your child's disability as a crutch. This is only a disservice to your child and yourself.

#33 babydoll

babydoll

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

" In Japan during 1971 another study concluded that intoxication with ethylmercury salts produced symptoms similar to methyl mercury poisoning. This same group of researchers noted that “ethyl mercury once it passes through the blood-brain barrier is converted to inorganic mercury at a higher rate than the methyl form. Inorganic mercury remains in the brain and central nervous system longer than organic mercury” (Kirby 121-122). Despite the repeated claims of Eli Lilly, creator and patent holder of thimerosal, that thimerosal was safe many researchers had sent the company documents with their concerns over the safety of thimerosal."

This is a direct quote from my research paper on autism. If anyone would like to read it I would be happy to send you a copy as long as you keep it just for your reading pleasure and do not put it onto the internet for copyright reasons.

QUOTE (jdar @ Apr 22 2008, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I am sure that this will ruffle a few feathers, I will go ahead and say it. I work in the field of education and have noticed many things. First would be that I believe that Austism is overdiagnosed (along with ADHD). Please do not get me wrong, I do believe that some children are austistic but for some reason doctors are seeing behavior problems in a child or that the child does not "fit in" and so they are diagnosed with austism. Once a child in diagnosed it is a whirl wind of emotions and labels for that child, they see different teachers, different doctors, and are treated differently. I have a friend who has a child with aspburgers, but the second you talk to him, you know that there is something missing. I have met many children who do not act like others and they are labeled. This is still a guessing game at this point. Austism is social. And just to ruffle a few feathers, has anyone ever thought to discuss parenting? Please do not think that I am blaming ALL parents of children diagnosed with autism. I know of a specific child who is diagnosed with austism but is really just a verbally abused scared child. He functions well with others considering his age but the mom feels that he is bad and can't focus so she took him to several doctors brofre he was diagnosed.

Again, I do believe that austism is real and I do believe that chidlren may be being poisoned, but I feel like there should be more testing available, and more work with parents of children diagnosed with austism.

Also, most of you seem like a good group of concerned parents but I must tell you, please do not use your child's disability as a crutch. This is only a disservice to your child and yourself.

Your last statement just threw me for a loop. I was baffled as to why you would even make this statement. There is no legitimacy behind your making that statement in my point of view.

QUOTE (jdar @ Apr 22 2008, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King

#34 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,897 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (OneToZen @ Jun 23 2007, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I said that percentage meant the percent of autistic children that had Pitocin at some point was 67%.

Of course, the above statistic doesn't really mean anything by itself.

It's only when you compare it to the baseline that you can really see if it has an impact.

For instance if you look at what percent of the mothers of ALL children were given Pitocin at some point and it turns out to be 75% then it appears Pitocin had no impact at all, in fact it might reduce autism. On the other hand if it turned out to be 10% were given Pitoocin then you have a very strong indicator that Pitocin had a strong impact, though it could still be other factors also.

Just Googling for stats, the only reference I could find is a small study of 1600 women found that 47% of them were given Pitocin during their deliveries.

Assuming that study is correct AND assuming the Autism study was correct, then it shows a slightly higher chance of Pitocin mothers having Autistic children than non-Pitocin, but not a strong correlation. As noted here there are a lot of theories and other factors could account for that difference.

That's one of the many struggles that face researchers in trying to find the cause.

I always try to consider carefully anyone trying to convince me of something by statistics. Make sure you are getting the full story.

SG

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#35 babydoll

babydoll

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (The Sound Guy @ Apr 23 2008, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course, the above statistic doesn't really mean anything by itself.

It's only when you compare it to the baseline that you can really see if it has an impact.

For instance if you look at what percent of the mothers of ALL children were given Pitocin at some point and it turns out to be 75% then it appears Pitocin had no impact at all, in fact it might reduce autism. On the other hand if it turned out to be 10% were given Pitoocin then you have a very strong indicator that Pitocin had a strong impact, though it could still be other factors also.

Just Googling for stats, the only reference I could find is a small study of 1600 women found that 47% of them were given Pitocin during their deliveries.

Assuming that study is correct AND assuming the Autism study was correct, then it shows a slightly higher chance of Pitocin mothers having Autistic children than non-Pitocin, but not a strong correlation. As noted here there are a lot of theories and other factors could account for that difference.

That's one of the many struggles that face researchers in trying to find the cause.

I always try to consider carefully anyone trying to convince me of something by statistics. Make sure you are getting the full story.

SG

AH a voice of reason, when it comes to statistics, has spoken. biggrin.gif Also when woman are given Pitocin at differing/varying amounts and for differing/varying time periods so it is hard to look for a correlation here.
I just feel that all shots should be without "cheap" preservatives which have been noted to cross the blood brain barrier which can cause a toxicity in the brain/neurotoxicity. This toxicity can lead to many things such as immune deficiencies and even autism. Scientists, government, researchers, and drug companies need to get a grip on reality!

Edited by babydoll, 23 April 2008 - 08:44 AM.

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." - Dr. Martin Luther King

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics