Paulding.com

As much as I dislike door-to-door salespeople, it is, at least, an honest living. They are out there busting their butt instead of doing =nothing.=

Just don't answer the door or, even better, just politely say "no thank you" & go on with your day.

Some people need to get a danged life.

I wonder if this is the same people that came to our house a few months ago. They were selling carpet cleaner. We kept telling them we were not interested and the man would not take no for an answer (the two women just stood behind him the whole time). Finally, after about ten minutes of this, they left. As persistent as the guy was, I was about ready to call the police.

On a late Saturday evening, I don't think so. I don't care what color they are. 1 man, 2 women? That's too many strangers to let into your house.

I would ask for identification and a phone number and see how long it would take them to move on to another house, and then I would probably call. I would rather be wrong than dead or burgarlized.

Yeah, the guy kept trying to step into our house, but my husband refused to let him pass. Every time the guy would put his foot up on the step to come in, my husband would take a step forward. Made me nervous. While they were standing there, I imagined having to covertly get the phone in the kitchen and call the popo.

It's such a shame that we have to worry about everything now. My mom used to buy her vanilla and syrup from the Watkins guy that came around and my grandmother used to buy cleaning stuff from the Fuller Brush man. Not now. I don't let mine buy an ice cream from the ice cream man without me.

As much as I dislike door-to-door salespeople, it is, at least, an honest living.

They are out there busting their butt instead of doing =nothing.=

Not really honest.

Several of these companies have been investigated for treating their employees little better than slaves.

Scamming them into signing up,

driving them hundreds or thousands of miles away from home with no way to get back,

forcing them to work 14 hours a day with little food or water,

shortchanging them on pay and housing them in horrible conditions...