17 replies to this topic

#1 Happyme

Happyme

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:45 PM

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this? Was Yorkville hit that hard??
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God
who has endowed us with sense, reason, and
intellect has intended us to forgo their use!

If only closed minds came with closed mouths.

I am living my dream....ask me what I did to get here ;-)

#2 akat71

akat71

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:48 PM

My daughter lives in Yorkville and I don't things are too bad. She is about 2 miles from Dude's and didn't mention anything. I will check and let you know.
Posted Image

#3 Iko

Iko

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:53 PM

It's good to hear Yorkville is okay! biggrin.gif Anyone know what happened on top of the hill in Braswell???
You're allowed to be stupid, just don't act like an idiot!

#4 Daisyduke

Daisyduke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:55 PM

I LIVE IN YORKVILLE A MINUTE AWAY FROM DUDES I USE TO WORK THEIR I HAVENT HURED ANYTHING.

#5 thatboyaintright

thatboyaintright

Called to preach on p.com

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,156 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:12 PM

Are the workers at the tunnel area OK? What about the heavy equipment used for the project?
"Great men wake up to slay dragons. Most are content to chase lizards. Therein lies the difference. Live Brave."

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Daisyduke

Daisyduke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:16 PM

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WHAT TUNNEL?????

#7 Happyme

Happyme

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:18 PM

TBAR---I hear that the tunnel is flooding out but all the workers got out safely. Hopefully something will be up about it later on Lockheed's website. As for Dude's I am still guessing...someone reliable is telling me that one...
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God
who has endowed us with sense, reason, and
intellect has intended us to forgo their use!

If only closed minds came with closed mouths.

I am living my dream....ask me what I did to get here ;-)

#8 thatboyaintright

thatboyaintright

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,156 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:19 PM

DaiseyDuke: Here's the link.

And here's the 2nd link.

Read down through the thread & the links in the thread too, especially the one about Yorkville.

Edited by thatboyaintright, 16 September 2004 - 08:25 PM.

"Great men wake up to slay dragons. Most are content to chase lizards. Therein lies the difference. Live Brave."

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 thatboyaintright

thatboyaintright

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,156 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:45 PM

Thanks, HappyMe! Glad to know everyone got out safely. Did any of 'em say how long it would take to get the project back underway?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 IDidntDoIt

IDidntDoIt

Paulding Com member

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:55 PM

Yorkville, Dudes included, survives Ivan with no loss of life, limb or major property loss.

I was sent home (actually, delivered home would be more accurate) today from training in Cedartown that was cut short at noon. This afternoon, the wind and rain started doing their things, and sure enough, come 2:14:58 (by my trusty sub $20 Casio digital) the power went out. I watched my trees sway in the wind, as if abused by a giant power blower with a massive leak. I honestly thought I was going to lose a couple of them, but they survived. After my wife got home, she told me there was a tree down on Goldmine Road, so on our way to supper at Sonic in Rockmart, I decided to tour Yorkville, YAM State, Goldmine Road, 278, and return via 101. I saw at least 5 or 6 trees down that had been across the road, but were cut up and removed from the road surface. DOT had done a wonderful job!!! KUDOS, Guys!!!

Yorkville Market, Dudes and Scotts all had lost power, but all appeared undamaged. I did not get opportunity to go to the tunnel, but considering the other locations I saw, I doubt serious damages occurred, with the possible exception of flooding, which, considering the massive cloud ruptures that occurred at my home, may have impeded progress.

Since work on YAM State is still on the drawing boards, and no new buildings have been erected yet, I am very happy to announce that YAM State U suffered no damages or losses to Ivan.

Yorkvillians were observed in only a very few places. They appear to be very serious minded folk who have the good sense to come in out of the storm...

#11 Southfire

Southfire

Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 09:10 PM

I'm glad Dude's made it fine. The tunnel connection between Walmart and Dude's is essential to the plan.
Besides THAT, how was the show Mrs. Lincoln?

#12 thatboyaintright

thatboyaintright

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,156 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 09:16 PM

Right on, Southfire. Without the Yorkville as a depot location, there is nothing until Lockheed & the rail-switching that is done there. IDDI swears there are some Amtrack officials over there in Yorkville too. If that is the case, Yorkville will be a major area between Anniston, AL, Lookout Mtn, TN, & the Macon area for the whole project.

Edited by thatboyaintright, 16 September 2004 - 09:17 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Squareroots

Squareroots

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 11:14 PM

The information about the tunnels being flooded is true, but the water has been kept to a minimum thanks to the new pumping station. In addition, the Yorkville River is expected to crest around 2AM, but noodling continues to be good.

However, there's an uprooted tree across a roof on Cash Way in Sunset Meadows. Please help our neighborhood by bringing your chainsaws and joining the cleanup.

#14 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:17 PM

Any idea of how far the tunnel flooding will set them back on the completion and critical path schedule ?

I understand the the Yorkville river never did hit the high crest though.

Any damage on the Argon - Rome route ? There's mostly rock there, so it should drain better.

Glad no one was injured.
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#15 bp csr

bp csr

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 05:09 PM

TBAR - When I started reading this thread I thought to myself that the tunnel should hold all of Yorkville if they had time to make it there. But then I thought about the flooding -- BUT if we ever get tornado warnings, it'd be a GREAT place to run for cover.

Will you please tell me where I can get into the tunnel somewhere around Hirm to get to Wal-Mart? That traffic is making me sick - We're going to have another Jimmy Carter Blvd. on our hands out here in our fine county.

#16 Chairman

Chairman

Icon

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 05:10 PM

All
Let me make this perfectly clear.
AMTRAK is not looking in the County.
The tunnel is fine and the workers are back at work.
We will be announcing the new sewer project for Yorkville simultaneous with the WalMart announcement.
Home Depot is finalizing its schematics.
Publix IS sniffing around. Kroger has land under option.
NO to the BMW Plant.
NO to the FORD Plant.
MAYBE to the incinerator.
Yorkville is about to take off. That is all I know (as far as you know).
Jerry S

#17 bp csr

bp csr

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 05:15 PM

Mr. Chairman,
Thanks for the update. Yorkville would have to be about to take off -- there's no place to put anything else in Hiram.

#18 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 05:22 PM

AMTRACK isn't, but I understand that NASA is ?

What about the Mercedes [I like Mercedes 'ya know] ? We try to breed them around here but to date have had no success. Although we did get a wrinkled Lincoln. And it just doesn't seem fiar that of all places, ALABAMA gets a Mercedes plant.

Have you considered the incinerator fueled by the burnables from the recycling center ? And you could use chicken manure also.
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics