Paulding.com

I got on the computer because my friend who lives near the school said she has no electricity. There seems to be a lot going on.

While I was in the Abney car rider line, a fire truck zoomed by us, lights, sirens, the whole

sha-bang?? But that may not be related at all to this thread, not sure??

I got on the computer because my friend who lives near the school said she has no electricity. There seems to be a lot going on.

The power is back on now, but we loose power in this area at least once a week. I am about a mile from Abney and my son said there was no power there either :mellow:

SWAT team activation on Millwood off of Austell Road. No details yet.

Here is the story from the wsbtv website:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13271410/detail.html

Babysitter Shot, Killed In Cobb Apartment

POSTED: 3:08 pm EDT May 7, 2007

UPDATED: 3:25 pm EDT May 7, 2007

MARIETTA, Ga. -- A teenage babysitter was shot and killed Monday in Cobb County.

Police told Channel 2 Action News reporter Ross Cavitt that Glenda Sanabria was gunned down in an apartment at 1788 Austell Road in the Summerpoint Apartments.

A child at the apartment told police that the gunman was a man named Javier.

Police began searching for a black Nissan Frontier pickup belonging to the suspect. They found it abandoned at a bowling alley not far from the murder scene.

Late Monday afternoon SWAT teams were called to a neighborhood off Millwood Drive to help with the arrest of a "person of interest" in the case.

A Cobb County police officer was injured in a near head-on collision while rushing to the scene of the murder. For more on that part of the story click here.

Here is what I found on the Officer.

COBB COUNTY -- Officials tell Channel 2's Ross Cavitt a police officer on the way to a fatal shooting was involved in a nearly head-on collision Monday morning.

The incident happened at 11:30 a.m. on South Cobb Drive just south of Austell Road.

Three vehicles were involved in the accident.

Investigators believe the officer was trying to turn onto Sams Road off South Cobb Drive at the same time a female driver in a silver Nissan was turning onto South Cobb Drive from Sams Road. The two vehicles hit nearly head-on. The Nissan then slammed into a pick-up truck.

The officer was responding to a fatal shooting at the Summerpoint Apartments on Austell Road.

Officials say serious injuries are involved although none appear to be life-threatening.

The officer was taken to a local hospital. The female driver had to be extricated from her vehicle. She was also rushed to a local hospital.

Currently South Cobb Drive is closed in both directions south of Austell Road.

Investigators are still on the scene.

My dad is a Cobb Officer, and while I can't tell you anything 'official' (simply because I haven't talked to him, and don't know), I can tell you that there is a really tight group within the departments and several of them live out here. Most live in the areas posted above. If they weren't actually responding to something, my guess would be that they heard the accident and took off. Typically, once they cross the Cobb/Paulding line, if they're 'beat cops' and not SWAT, they don't respond. Technically, they're off the clock once they start heading home. I know when my dad wrecked a bunch showed up in cars that were off duty...his best friend showed up in his car...and sneakers...lol. He had changed in the barn to go feed his horses and heard the call.