Paulding.com

On Cedarcrest Rd., just as I was preparing to turn onto Harmony Grove Church Rd. tonight, my daughter and I see a white flash and hear what appears to be a gunshot - in that little patch of woods beside the vacant house. This was about 10:45p. As soon as I found a suitable place to pull over (awayyyy from the gunshot!!), I dialled 911 to report it.

When I got home, I turned on the scanner, but I didnt hear anything about it. I was wondering if anyone may have heard anything, or any of the neighbors there know what may have happened?

On Cedarcrest Rd., just as I was preparing to turn onto Harmony Grove Church Rd. tonight, my daughter and I see a white flash and hear what appears to be a gunshot - in that little patch of woods beside the vacant house. This was about 10:45p. As soon as I found a suitable place to pull over (awayyyy from the gunshot!!), I dialled 911 to report it.

When I got home, I turned on the scanner, but I didnt hear anything about it. I was wondering if anyone may have heard anything, or any of the neighbors there know what may have happened?

i have not heard anything but it is great to see you... how are you?

Did you ever hear anymore about this incident? I have kin living in that area, and I am sure they're not involved, but I still worry.

i have not heard anything but it is great to see you... how are you?

I'm good..Just been busy, busy, busy! Hope your brood is well too! Yanno, I hibernate in the winter - you'll see us again when the pool opens! LOL!

I havent heard a thing about the incident. - I dont think we were being shot AT - But someone was definitely in that little patch of woods right there on the corner, maybe firing as cars went by?? It's veryyy dark out there at night - and needless to say, my daughter and I were both pretty shaken up. I might give the sheriff's office a call in the morning and see if they will tell me anything.

Hey just wondering if you have any info yet ??? I worked at the Papa John's delivering pizza for 2 years and am freaking out. More importantly, my pregnant sister starts back delivering tomorrow night. :( What is happening to our county??

Hey just wondering if you have any info yet ??? I worked at the Papa John's delivering pizza for 2 years and am freaking out. More importantly, my pregnant sister starts back delivering tomorrow night. :( What is happening to our county??

I hear gun shots every night in the woods. Think nothing of. Its Paulding co.

Thanks for the attempt at making me feel better...but I don't recall ever hearing anything like that, that close to the road over the last couple of years. Would be much better if all of this other crazy stuff wasn't happening too.

Hope you have a happy and blessed day!

YOu know I have a neighbor who shoots guns in his yard, It could have been someone having Target Pratice.. Like our neighbor.

We used to freak out & pull the kids in the house & call the cops.

We talked to him, and gave him our phone#'s. He calls and lets us know now, when he is going to be shooting, so we don't freak out. He has a target? with a dirt mound behind it on his own property.

If you haven't heard anything, then it was probably something like that... Just my thoughts on it :)

The Paulding County SWAT Team was practiceing about 9:00 pm last night when i went by they had a sign up that said that. So It was right next to that vacant house.

This was AWFULLY close to the road!! There were NO cars out there. And I dont know why the 911 operator wouldnt have told me this when I called. Seems like an awfully strange place for SWAT practice with all of those residences so nearby.

I called the sheriff's office - They cant tell me anything for 3 - 5 business days?!?

if you go to the blue house on the left (about 6/10ths of a mile on Harmony Grove) that sits back off the road a bit & dig in that bank you will find SEVERAL pieces of medal in there. :ph34r:

my dad & I use to target practice there all the time!

I dont mean to sound paranoid, but in light of recent events, who can be too cautious? HOPEFULLY it WAS the SWAT team, and HOPEFULLY it was blanks - But like I said earlier, wouldnt the 911 operator be aware if there was training going on? Wouldnt someone have informed her THINKING there might have been calls coming in about someone firing a gun less than 30 feet from a pretty busy road??

She offered me the opportunity to return to the "scene" and meet an officer there. - Needless to say, I declined!

I understand about how you feel about delivering pizza. My son worked for a pizza place here in Yorkville and ran into several situations. Thankfully he is not there anymore. Not for those reasons though.

The SWAT team was using the vacant house at the corner of Harmony Grove Church Rd and Cedarcrest Rd for training. The property owner is getting ready to tear down that house. He allowed the SWAT team to use it for training before tearing it down. Most of the callouts are at night when it is hard to see. The house was used for night training. Training lasted until 11 p.m. The loud noise and flash that you saw was from a noise/flash diversionary device ("flash bang"). There were no gunshots fired at that location.

I don't mean to hijack but I was wondering what is the deal with that house. I drive by it a lot and always wondered why it was empty and why the doors and garage were open. Just curious and sorry for the hi-jack.