34 replies to this topic

#1 Ernnnnnnnn

Ernnnnnnnn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,758 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:28 PM

I have the speghetti sauce simmering right now with ground sirloin in it. My husband is allergic to onions so I make my own.

So, we are having speghetti, what are y'all having?

#2 pixiestixs

pixiestixs

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:31 PM

hmm either left over sheppards pie or tacos

#3 Move Queen

Move Queen

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:31 PM

Same here! On my way to Kroger for French Bread. I have to make my own sauce too...hubby doesn't like any veggies lol. Low maintanance that man!

#4 Ernnnnnnnn

Ernnnnnnnn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,758 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (Move Queen @ Apr 15 2007, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same here! On my way to Kroger for French Bread. I have to make my own sauce too...hubby doesn't like any veggies lol. Low maintanance that man!

I still have to go get bread. I only like white bread with my speghetti and we only eat wheat. This will make my 3rd grocery store trip today.

I wanted something warm but easy to make tonight.

#5 North Carolina Froggie

North Carolina Froggie

super frog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,529 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:37 PM

we are having griled cheese sammy's and tomato soup.. mmmm mmmmm mmmmm gets ya all warmed up inside

#6 Póg mo thóin

Póg mo thóin

author

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:46 PM

hubby's having a burrito. i'm having plain white rice. molly is having a ham sammich.
I know its early but at this rate that'll be dinner and we'll all pass out by 8.

#7 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,979 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

Chicken pot pie and buttermilk pie. PIE day here at the house biggrin.gif
Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

#8 workingforaliving

workingforaliving

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,919 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (FROGGIE @ Apr 15 2007, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we are having griled cheese sammy's and tomato soup.. mmmm mmmmm mmmmm gets ya all warmed up inside

I was going to finish off the Easter candy.....but you inspired me to make grilled cheeze and soup! biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#9 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,491 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:07 PM

Hubby is out and won't be home until after dinner time, so I have no idea ... probably a bowl of soup or popcorn or ?
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#10 *~LisaG~*

*~LisaG~*

*not as sweet as you think*

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:15 PM

Havent thought that far.....I didnt get up until 11 so I am behind on the eating biggrin.gif

#11 1stimemom

1stimemom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,903 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:18 PM

home made chicken and dumplings. I have to go to the store to get everything I need and I don't wanna go. dry.gif
Posted Image

#12 WebsterMOM

WebsterMOM

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:19 PM

Beef Roast w/ taters, onions, and carrots
Corn on the cob
Rolls
Homemade cookies for dessert

LEAP parapro for PCSD
Mom to Joe (16) and Emma (9) Wife to Phil for 20 years! I LOVE YOU!

GO PACK!!!

#13 rakled

rakled

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,160 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:33 PM

i'm too tired to cook tonight. sad.gif i'll be going through a drive thru or grabbing take out somewhere.

#14 Ernnnnnnnn

Ernnnnnnnn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,758 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (RAKLed @ Apr 15 2007, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm too tired to cook tonight. sad.gif i'll be going through a drive thru or grabbing take out somewhere.

Drive a little farther and you can eat at my house. smile.gif

#15 rakled

rakled

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,160 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Urn @ Apr 15 2007, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Drive a little farther and you can eat at my house. smile.gif

i'm too tired to drive - i'm going to get hubby to go. i could always call a cab. laugh.gif

#16 Ernnnnnnnn

Ernnnnnnnn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,758 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (RAKLed @ Apr 15 2007, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm too tired to drive - i'm going to get hubby to go. i could always call a cab. laugh.gif

Hopefully this cabby will take his meds first!

#17 drphilofdogs

drphilofdogs

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Urn @ Apr 15 2007, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still have to go get bread. I only like white bread with my speghetti and we only eat wheat. This will make my 3rd grocery store trip today.

Can not understand going to grocery store 3 times in a day. We are in N.ga now and the grocery store is 15 miles away, try to only go when really needed with gas so high. We are having curry chicken with rice and veggies. Fresh homemade rolls and butter. Think I will make some brownies for after while.

#18 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:00 PM

Hubby is going to make spaghetti when he wakes up.I looove his spaghetti!

Posted Image

#19 mrshoward

mrshoward

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,339 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:01 PM

Sheperd's Pie smile.gif

Saucy ground beef with onions, diced carrots, garden peas, mashed potatos, and cheddar...

whole wheat french bread...

A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable,
who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there
are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles.

- Joseph Addison

#20 Move Queen

Move Queen

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Urn @ Apr 15 2007, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Be careful if you're going to the Kroger on Ridge! Those shoppers are out of control...and CRANKY! lol
My bread's in the oven smile.gif Yummy!

#21 Ernnnnnnnn

Ernnnnnnnn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,758 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (drphilofdogs @ Apr 15 2007, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can not understand going to grocery store 3 times in a day. We are in N.ga now and the grocery store is 15 miles away, try to only go when really needed with gas so high. We are having curry chicken with rice and veggies. Fresh homemade rolls and butter. Think I will make some brownies for after while.

I live less than a 1/4 of a mile from Publix. We use to live in Dahlonega though. There wasn't even a gas station for 15 miles!
I grew up in Burnt Hickory and remember my mom going to Kroger on Cobb Parkway to grocery shop. I love having store close by.

QUOTE (Move Queen @ Apr 15 2007, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Be careful if you're going to the Kroger on Ridge! Those shoppers are out of control...and CRANKY! lol

Nope, Acworth. I was cranky by the time I left though. tongue.gif

#22 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:19 PM

The weather inspired me!
I had 3 different containers of goose confit in the other fridge. I had been saving them to stew, or better yet, to make a Cassoulet, but it has been entirely too warm [already had Easter food planned]. So when the weather turned cold again, and I knew I would be around the house all day, I went for the Cassoulet, and have ended up with 2.

White beans, soaked all night, and then cooked with kielbase, onion, carrot, celery, garlic and a bouquet garni [parsley stems, thyme sprigs, bay leaves, cracked peppercorns, and "Herbs du Provence", all tied up in a piece of old ratty linen].

The beans cooked all afternoon, and then I layered the goose legs, wings, and 2 thighs across the top. It will bake slow for another hour, and then I will cover it with bread crumbs already mixed with chopped parsley, chopped garlic, and olive oil. Then it will bake for another 30 to 45 minutes at 350 while I bake the homemade bagguets to sop up the juice.

I always have some Cote du Rhones on hand, but with this we may open the last Bordeaux we brought back from the last trip to France.

When I went to cover the bean mixture with the goose legs, I realized I had too much for my GIANT Casserole pan, so I spooned out some of the mixture into a separate smaller round deep casserole. Plan to eat about 7:00 - 7:30. It smells devine.

And, if anyone wants some strained rendered goose fat from the confit, please let me know. With 3 containers of confit in the fridge, I have about 3 to 4 quarts of fat. Great for making biscuits, pie and pastry crusts, as well as any roux with flour to make other sauces. I have some sour cream containers, etc. full. Just PM me. If you make and normally use crisco type shortenings or lard, try this instead. It is really different and makes fantastic biscuits.
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#23 drphilofdogs

drphilofdogs

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (surepip @ Apr 15 2007, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The weather inspired me!
I had 3 different containers of goose confit in the other fridge. I had been saving them to stew, or better yet, to make a Cassoulet, but it has been entirely too warm [already had Easter food planned]. So when the weather turned cold again, and I knew I would be around the house all day, I went for the Cassoulet, and have ended up with 2.

White beans, soaked all night, and then cooked with kielbase, onion, carrot, celery, garlic and a bouquet garni [parsley stems, thyme sprigs, bay leaves, cracked peppercorns, and "Herbs du Provence", all tied up in a piece of old ratty linen].

The beans cooked all afternoon, and then I layered the goose legs, wings, and 2 thighs across the top. It will bake slow for another hour, and then I will cover it with bread crumbs already mixed with chopped parsley, chopped garlic, and olive oil. Then it will bake for another 30 to 45 minutes at 350 while I bake the homemade bagguets to sop up the juice.

I always have some Cote du Rhones on hand, but with this we may open the last Bordeaux we brought back from the last trip to France.

When I went to cover the bean mixture with the goose legs, I realized I had too much for my GIANT Casserole pan, so I spooned out some of the mixture into a separate smaller round deep casserole. Plan to eat about 7:00 - 7:30. It smells devine.

And, if anyone wants some strained rendered goose fat from the confit, please let me know. With 3 containers of confit in the fridge, I have about 3 to 4 quarts of fat. Great for making biscuits, pie and pastry crusts, as well as any roux with flour to make other sauces. I have some sour cream containers, etc. full. Just PM me. If you make and normally use crisco type shortenings or lard, try this instead. It is really different and makes fantastic biscuits.

Now I know for sure you were not raised in Paulding co. rolleyes.gif

#24 Ernnnnnnnn

Ernnnnnnnn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,758 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (surepip @ Apr 15 2007, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The weather inspired me!

Wow. blink.gif

#25 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:30 PM

roast, potatoes, and veggies

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."—Mark Twain

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alternate signature available for those under 3 and right wing conservatives.
Why does it have to be political correctness? Why can't it just be common courtesy?
If Tylenol, duct tape, or a band aid can't fix it... you've got a serious problem!

#26 MrsApple

MrsApple

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (Move Queen @ Apr 15 2007, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You got a bun in your oven? ph34r.gif laugh.gif

Posted Image

#27 Move Queen

Move Queen

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (MrsApple @ Apr 15 2007, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You got a bun in your oven? ph34r.gif laugh.gif

Dear God In Heaven NOOOO! lol. I got the extraordinary opportunity to babysit a 2 y/o last thursday and friday (who, by the way, had been kicked out of daycare on wednesday for biting!) She was really sweet and all, but mine are 21 and 19! Any "buns" that are around here are the edible kind! rolleyes.gif

#28 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,177 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:15 PM

Tacos and chips with bean and cheese dip.

#29 TomTom69

TomTom69

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:25 PM

Chicken with vegetable stir fry
Fried rice with almonds
Vegetable eggrolls Delicious

#30 Bumplett

Bumplett

bumpity bump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:27 PM

we had pork chops, mac n cheese and little sweet peas biggrin.gif
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted Image

Don't BREED or BUY while SHELTER PETS DIE!!!

"A sensible man knows you can't please everybody. A wise man knows you can't please anybody." Richard Needham

#31 jaime78

jaime78

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:29 PM

we had zaxby's.

#32 frontporchmom

frontporchmom

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

I had a blackened salmon salad, very good.

#33 RunawayLove

RunawayLove

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:44 PM

I had LASAGNA........YUMMY.!!!!!! LOL.
Posted Image

#34 onlyA

onlyA

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,931 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:53 PM

I made homemade chili, potato rolls with homemade sweet butter, a peanut butter cup chocolate cake (WAY yummy!) and a German Chocolate cake for J to take to work tomorrow. smile.gif
Just tryin' to stay warm.

#35 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,533 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:13 PM

The Cassoulet was wonderful, and worth the work. Crust turned out beautiful, and the flavor is unique. I have to give the French credit for some of their culinary creations....they waste nothing but the honk or the squeal.

For those of you who have never tried goose, duck, or some of the other fowls, you really should. Chicken is nice, and pays the rent, but the taste of the darker meat fowl is really special.

And my home made baggettes were crunchy and a perfect foil to the juice in the Cassoulet. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics