Paulding.com

This past legislative session HB 1055 was passed as the great "Great Georgia Tax Relief of 2010." The bill went into effect in July of this year, before anyone really had a chance to examine what it brought to the table. While it did decrease taxes for many seniors in Georgia, it included over 70 so called called "fee" increases, known to some of us as tax increases.

Some of these include: sheriff's office action from another county, annual day license, late fee for daycare license, fire sprinkler certification, building inspection fees, permit for self service gasoline, food sales permit, motor vehicle registration, specialty license plate, manufactured home inspection fees, processing of a deceased person's estate, firearm permit, organic certification fees, antifreeze inspection, forest fire protection fees, copies of documents from superior courts, state copying fees (increased from .25 to 1.00 per sheet), changes to birth certificate, marriage license for those without premarital counseling, and safekeeping of a will.

These are all tax increases that will affect both small businesses and individuals as well as families across Georgia. At the same time, the legislature did not fund the home owners tax relief grant which is an average tax increase of over $200 for all homeowners in the state.

All of this from the people who promised no new taxes. I guess they meant that as long as they only increase the old ones it is fine and dandy.

SOURCE: House Bill 1055

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll have to be sure I keep this straight. According to your most vocal (and obnoxious) supporters here:   -- When it's a voted-upon increase from the BOC in a declining home values market, it's

You all go talk and re-group. I've got other things to do that doesn't involve any of you.   Of course, it's now painfully obvious why Avery choose some guy from out of town to be his campaign ma

The point is that many of the folks that voted to pass this were the ones who signed the no tax agreement. Lets not forget about not funding the home owners tax relief grant either. If we are going

This past legislative session HB 1055 was passed as the great "Great Georgia Tax Relief of 2010." The bill went into effect in July of this year, before anyone really had a chance to examine what it brought to the table. While it did decrease taxes for many seniors in Georgia, it included over 70 so called called "fee" increases, known to some of us as tax increases.

Some of these include: sheriff's office action from another county, annual day license, late fee for daycare license, fire sprinkler certification, building inspection fees, permit for self service gasoline, food sales permit, motor vehicle registration, specialty license plate, manufactured home inspection fees, processing of a deceased person's estate, firearm permit, organic certification fees, antifreeze inspection, forest fire protection fees, copies of documents from superior courts, state copying fees (increased from .25 to 1.00 per sheet), changes to birth certificate, marriage license for those without premarital counseling, and safekeeping of a will.

These are all tax increases that will affect both small businesses and individuals as well as families across Georgia. At the same time, the legislature did not fund the home owners tax relief grant which is an average tax increase of over $200 for all homeowners in the state.

All of this from the people who promised no new taxes. I guess they meant that as long as they only increase the old ones it is fine and dandy.

SOURCE: House Bill 1055

Fees and taxes can be seen as one and the same. Thanks for informing all of us about this.

Catty.

While I don't agree with a lot of this, you need to realize a few things. For example, the fee for sheriff service had not increased in approx 20+ years. Other fees mentioned had similar time spans.

BTW, I am not sure what you mean by this: sheriff's office action from another county

Ironically, the ones breaking their necks to pat our county commissioners on the back for their non-decrease, will agree with you. drinks.gif Y'all enjoy.

Catty.

While I don't agree with a lot of this, you need to realize a few things. For example, the fee for sheriff service had not increased in approx 20+ years. Other fees mentioned had similar time spans.

BTW, I am not sure what you mean by this: sheriff's office action from another county

Ironically, the ones breaking their necks to pat our county commissioners on the back for their non-decrease, will agree with you. drinks.gif Y'all enjoy.

The point is that many of the folks that voted to pass this were the ones who signed the no tax agreement. Lets not forget about not funding the home owners tax relief grant either. If we are going to say no taxes then that means we will not raise taxes. It is another empty campaign promise that earns votes. However, I think we learned from George Bush 1 that anytime you say "read my lips" it means that something is going to increase.

• Like 1

The point is that many of the folks that voted to pass this were the ones who signed the no tax agreement. Lets not forget about not funding the home owners tax relief grant either. If we are going to say no taxes then that means we will not raise taxes. It is another empty campaign promise that earns votes. However, I think we learned from George Bush 1 that anytime you say "read my lips" it means that something is going to increase.

I'll have to be sure I keep this straight. According to your most vocal (and obnoxious) supporters here:

-- When it's a voted-upon increase from the BOC in a declining home values market, it's a decrease.

-- When it's a failure to adjust millage rate due to increased home values, it's an increase.

-- When it's an increase from the local BOC, it's the cost of doing business.

-- When fees are raised for the first time in 20+ years, it's a tax increase we should all be wary of (and it's all Bush's fault).

Gotcha

Now, let's continue with the example above: the cost for the sheriff to serve civil papers in this county is now $50 (I have no idea where you got the "another county" thing). An increase in the fee from $25 to $50. For that (now) $50 the sheriff's deputy must make up to 3 attempts to serve those papers. The cost to the county is still much greater than the fee charged, but at least the person using this service is now paying a more fair share. So, do you take issue with the reduction of strain on our county services in particular? For reducing the cost to the taxpayer who isn't using this service?

• Like 2

I'll have to be sure I keep this straight. According to your most vocal (and obnoxious) supporters here:

-- When it's a voted-upon increase from the BOC in a declining home values market, it's a decrease.

-- When it's a failure to adjust millage rate due to increased home values, it's an increase.

-- When fees are raised for the first time in 20+ years, it's a tax increase we should all be wary of (and it's all Bush's fault).

Gotcha

Now, let's continue with the example above: the cost for the sheriff to serve civil papers in this county is now $50 (I have no idea where you got the "another county" thing). An increase in the fee from $25 to $50. For that (now) $50 the sheriff's deputy must make up to 3 attempts to serve those papers. The cost to the county is still much greater than the fee charged, but at least the person using this service is now paying a more fair share. So, do you take issue with the reduction of strain on our county services in particular? For reducing the cost to the taxpayer who isn't using this service?

I did not blame bush for anything, just an example of a tax increase that was promised not to be.

These are state increases, not county. The state will be the beneficiary of the increases, not the county whom the cost is put back on. I am not bringing anything up with the BOC. I am talking about promises to not increase taxes and then doing it over 70 times. We can argue about this all day, but frankly there is no logical way to argue that over 70 taxes were not increased. You pointed out one item on there that you think taxes should have been increased on. Please keep telling us where taxes should be increased.

• Like 1

Catty.

I have enough common sense to know that the county has to maintain the funds to operate. And had it not been for the former administration giving us an unwanted courthouse and county complex, this administration would not have HAD to raise the millage rate. What is ironic is the fact that Jerry Shearin caused the problem and Jerry Shearin is likely the one that talked poor old Tom Millanese into making an ass of himself.

I was barely impressed that Daniel Stout voted no. But I do agree that they sneaked all these fees in on what was billed as a senior tax relief.

Gotcha

I saved $2,500 in property tax. If not for the millage rate increase I could have had another $200 in my pocket (if my memory serves me correctly). If that is all it cost me to never have Jerry Shearin and the rest of the former BOC making decisions that effect my life, you better damn well believe that it is worth every penny and them some!

I did not blame bush for anything, just an example of a tax increase that was promised not to be.

These are state increases, not county. The state will be the beneficiary of the increases, not the county whom the cost is put back on. I am not bringing anything up with the BOC. I am talking about promises to not increase taxes and then doing it over 70 times. We can argue about this all day, but frankly there is no logical way to argue that over 70 taxes were not increased. You pointed out one item on there that you think taxes should have been increased on. Please keep telling us where taxes should be increased.

HERE's a link for HB1055. let folks decide on their own. However, I felt sure many would agree with this portion:

to amend Chapter 8 of Title 31 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to the care and protection of indigent and elderly patients, so as to provide for a payment to be imposed on hospitals to be used to obtain federal financial participation for medical assistance payments under Medicaid; to provide for a short title; to provide for definitions; to establish a segregated account within the Indigent Care Trust Fund for the deposit of provider payments; to provide for a method for calculating and collecting the provider payment;

Please note also that the day the fees actually increased, I started a topic here on pcom regarding my shock at the amounts of some of the increases. No one seemed to care. pardon.gif Also, continuing with the sheriff example, I don't know what the sheriff's dept does with the funds they receive, but the checks for sheriff's service are made payable to each county's sheriff's office.

I have enough common sense to know that the county has to maintain the funds to operate. And had it not been for the former administration giving us an unwanted courthouse and county complex, this administration would not have HAD to raise the millage rate. What is ironic is the fact that Jerry Shearin caused the problem and Jerry Shearin is likely the one that talked poor old Tom Millanese into making an ass of himself.

I was barely impressed that Daniel Stout voted no. But I do agree that they sneaked all these fees in on what was billed as a senior tax relief.

And so does the State of Georgia.

I saved $2,500 in property tax. If not for the millage rate increase I could have had another $200 in my pocket (if my memory serves me correctly). If that is all it cost me to never have Jerry Shearin and the rest of the former BOC making decisions that effect my life, you better damn well believe that it is worth every penny and them some!

Careful. Your agenda is showing again.

Gotcha

It is Governor Purdue and the Republican Controlled Legislature that refused to fund the Home Owners Tax Relief Grant this year and last Year That cost most home owners in Paulding County over $ 500.00 in increased taxes, And you can thank Heath, Maxwell, Stout and Hemrick for that!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Instead of attacking Republicans, why do you not tell us what you would do differently ???

How do you propose the state pay for the

reinstatement of homeowners tax relief ???

What is your plan to fund smaller class sizes

and encourage industrial development in Paulding ???

Specifically, where would this money come from ???

• Like 1

It is Governor Purdue and the Republican Controlled Legislature that refused to fund the Home Owners Tax Relief Grant this year and last Year That cost most home owners in Paulding County over $ 500.00 in increased taxes, And you can thank Heath, Maxwell, Stout and Hemrick for that!!!!!!!!!

A benefit the State could no longer afford to fund due to a national recession. A temporary reduction that was given during a "boom time".

HERE's a link for HB1055. let folks decide on their own. However, I felt sure many would agree with this portion:

Please note also that the day the fees actually increased, I started a topic here on pcom regarding my shock at the amounts of some of the increases. No one seemed to care. pardon.gif Also, continuing with the sheriff example, I don't know what the sheriff's dept does with the funds they receive, but the checks for sheriff's service are made payable to each county's sheriff's office.

Careful. Your agenda is showing again.

The part about elderly care is directly related to the tax increase on hospitals. This was a totally separate increase from the others discussed. Don't take the legislation out of context. Hospitals are being taxed more to handle this service which will be placed back on the rest of us, as the logic goes.

Funny, when Barnes left office there was money in the bank. Sonny couldn't waste that money fast enough and we have nothing to show for it except for roads that Sonny and his buddies needed to enhance the values of their property.

And if you think Sonny is bad, just wait until Nathan Deal and Casey Cagle team up. There will be nothing but bare bones baking in the sun after those two buzzards finish.

A benefit the State could no longer afford to fund due to a national recession. A temporary reduction that was given during a "boom time".

Absoutely not the truth and you know it Governor Barnes And the Democratic controlled legislature passed this lawAnd was not funded the past two years, It is still a law(I Hope) Just refusal to fund the law, Yet they Give a foreign firm over $ 500 million in tax breaks.WTH is going on?????

The part about elderly care is directly related to the tax increase on hospitals. This was a totally separate increase from the others discussed. Don't take the legislation out of context. Hospitals are being taxed more to handle this service which will be placed back on the rest of us, as the logic goes.

I linked to the entire bill. Although I doubt anyone here will read it all. I myself read the majority of it July 1. I wasn't necessarily taking it out of context, simply pointing out a small portion. It's a very lengthy bill which I had no intention of quoting in it's entirety.

And shouldn't the younger among us (myself included) assist the elderly? we do that with social security and other programs. We'll soon be doing it at some level with Obamacare (unless we get representation that will intervene) only some will support all. (Shouldn't those evil insurance companies shoulder most of the burden anyway?)

As a society we've also decided to offer indigent defense as our constitution guarantees.

You all go talk and re-group. I've got other things to do that doesn't involve any of you. drinks.gif

Of course, it's now painfully obvious why Avery choose some guy from out of town to be his campaign manager instead of any of the locals. pardon.gif

• Like 2

You all go talk and re-group. I've got other things to do that doesn't involve any of you. drinks.gif

Of course, it's now painfully obvious why Avery choose some guy from out of town to be his campaign manager instead of any of the locals. pardon.gif

Really? By all means, let's hear it.

And all this time I thought it was because Will and Steve were old college buddies. Both of them pretty darn intelligent too.

Instead of attacking Republicans, why do you not tell us what you would do differently ???

How do you propose the state pay for the

reinstatement of homeowners tax relief ???

What is your plan to fund smaller class sizes

and encourage industrial development in Paulding ???

Specifically, where would this money come from ???

(tap, tap, tap) Is this thing on ??? :huh:

(tap, tap, tap) Is this thing on ??? :huh:

:unsure: I am lead to believe under your watch there won't be any tax increases to pay for these things. What do you offer as alternatives to ensure the homeowners tax relief be reinstated?

Yea, what tax incentives are you willing to offer businesses to come to Paulding County. How will the costs be met???

And how do you really feel about 0bamacare Mr. Avery??

Just my two cents (and almost worth it :)

I have no problem with increasing the fees for services provided by the state to a reasonable amount.

My complaint was the $30 a year 'fee' tacked onto the special car tags. The initial fee to cover production of the tag is reasonable, a yearly gouge fee to allow you to keep it is not.

Don't forget that because it's a 'fee' in theory in exchange for a service, it is not tax deductible, so you will pay 6% Georgia income tax on that money as well as Federal tax at your normal level.

I'll be turning my tag in next year along with lots of other people I bet.

Just my two cents (and almost worth it :)

I have no problem with increasing the fees for services provided by the state to a reasonable amount.

My complaint was the $30 a year 'fee' tacked onto the special car tags. The initial fee to cover production of the tag is reasonable, a yearly gouge fee to allow you to keep it is not.

Don't forget that because it's a 'fee' in theory in exchange for a service, it is not tax deductible, so you will pay 6% Georgia income tax on that money as well as Federal tax at your normal level.

I'll be turning my tag in next year along with lots of other people I bet.

:clapping: :clapping: I will be turning in my three tags. This "FEE" is just stupid, the tag is already paid for........just don't get it !

:clapping: :clapping: I will be turning in my three tags. This "FEE" is just stupid, the tag is already paid for........just don't get it !

And from where I sit, as per the original topic, another "TAX" from our "Conservative" Legislature and state government.

If they want to call themselves conservative, then demonstrate "Conservative" tax legislation. Or let the chips fall where they may and admit they are just legislating back door tax increases, which is EXACTLY what they are.

And all the while, the hundreds of millions of special interest exemptions are allowed to stand.

Granted, times are tough, and the government needs income. But don't call yourself one thing while you do the opposite. Clean up the exemptions and stop the BS. I have a Rotary tag, which I was proud of. But I will let it go based on the principle of what they are doing with the new fees.

And don't bring in the local BOC millage rate increase. It was labeled as a tax increase. They had the meetings, and in actuality it was a tax increase tagged on to a huge assessment rollback. Ours went down $338 dollars from last year. I call that a tax decrease.

I hope/think that Will's main point was to point out hypocrisy. I doubt he believes that fees should never exist (as many of them need to) but some of them (like the fee increase from .25 to 1.00 for copies) is absurd, and just a veiled tax that will ultimately hurt us, the citizens. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course, but that's at least my impression.

Sorry friends for the late response. I was out knocking on doors and then dinner with the family. I will try to answer get to all of the questions asked of me, some of which I have answered several times in other threads.

How do I really feel about Obamacare:

I do not like this bill at all. I think that requiring people to buy insurance is unfair and oversteps the limits of government. The bill does little to make healthcare better. One thing I do like in the bill is the elimination of pre-existing condition clauses in insurance plans, but I think there would have been other ways to to handle this.

As far as helping bring jobs to Paulding:

We have to offer tax credits for companies bringing on new employees to encourage job growth. Carte blanche tax exemptions does not cut it though. They have to be directed and have to have oversight. For example, the Kia plant that received large amounts of tax exemptions and credits in order to open near Legrange currently employs large numbers of people who are not even Georgia citizens. As part of their tax agreement, they should be required to hire Georgia workers first!!!

We have to bring water to Paulding. Without our own supply, no large scale employer is going to come here knowing that they are not guaranteed water and sewer service in the future, especially considering the problems with the rest of the metro Atlanta area and water.

We have to improve transportation. All it takes taking a potential industrialist through Hiram on any afternoon to make them wonder "how am I going to get my trucks though here?" There are several options as to improving transportation through the county that are not limited to the legendary and allusice HWY 92 widening.

We must also move Paulding into a higher industrial exemption tier level. This is a very complicated piece of legislation, but it basically gives new industries less tax benefits for bringing jobs to Paulding, largely because of our population. It gives more tax incentives for industries moving to rural areas. The problem with this is that rural areas do not have the work force that many industries need, and urban and suburban areas do not the tax credits. It is a lose lose situation because industries are moving to other states for the aforementioned issues.

As far as helping bring in new revenue:

I have spoken at length about many of these issues. Per the Georgia Budget Policy Institute, an estimated 380 million could be collected through simply raising cigarette and other tobacco product taxes. It might not be popular, but it is a voluntary tax that residents choose to pay.

We could receive approximately 357 million through reform our sales tax system. Bottom line is that it needs to be more efficient and collection measures need to be taken seriously. There are thousands of businesses that operate without a sales tax license but still charge sales tax. This is basically stealing red handed from all of us. Any of us go buy a Dr. Pepper or any other item, we pay our sales tax, it never gets collected. This system has to be reformed.

We need to work to audit and reduce out dated and abused corporate tax loopholes and exemptions. The accountability process for ensuring that corporate tax exemptions are being used for their designed purpose is extraordinarily corrupt and is abused more every year. I always use the Delta example, but why do they get exemptions that other Atlanta airlines do not get? Not to mention, they still charge us all fees to carry on our bags.

Why do I have an out of town campaign manager:

Steve is a very good friend of mine. We are college friends and have worked together for sometime now. He lives in Atlanta and is a tax paying citizen of Georgia that knows how to manage a campaign. The average going rate for a campaign manager of his caliber is around 2,000 - 3,000 per month. I hardly think that should be a point of contention.

I am sorry that it might upset people to think that a Democrat can espouse conservative values. No party has a patent on the word conservative and non has one on the word liberal. I have been open and honest and have responded to questions asked to me in a public forum. I have proposed solutions to problems that we face, yet I keep being accused of not giving solutions.

• Like 1

As I remember, a Sheriff from another county must contact the local Sheriff to get a warrant or any official papers from the other county served on a local person.

Sorry friends for the late response. I was out knocking on doors and then dinner with the family. I will try to answer get to all of the questions asked of me, some of which I have answered several times in other threads.

I do not like this bill at all. I think that requiring people to buy insurance is unfair and oversteps the limits of government. The bill does little to make healthcare better. One thing I do like in the bill is the elimination of pre-existing condition clauses in insurance plans, but I think there would have been other ways to to handle this.

We have to offer tax credits for companies bringing on new employees to encourage job growth. Carte blanche tax exemptions does not cut it though. They have to be directed and have to have oversight. For example, the Kia plant that received large amounts of tax exemptions and credits in order to open near Legrange currently employs large numbers of people who are not even Georgia citizens. As part of their tax agreement, they should be required to hire Georgia workers first!!!

We have to bring water to Paulding. Without our own supply, no large scale employer is going to come here knowing that they are not guaranteed water and sewer service in the future, especially considering the problems with the rest of the metro Atlanta area and water.

We have to improve transportation. All it takes taking a potential industrialist through Hiram on any afternoon to make them wonder "how am I going to get my trucks though here?" There are several options as to improving transportation through the county that are not limited to the legendary and allusice HWY 92 widening.

We must also move Paulding into a higher industrial exemption tier level. This is a very complicated piece of legislation, but it basically gives new industries less tax benefits for bringing jobs to Paulding, largely because of our population. It gives more tax incentives for industries moving to rural areas. The problem with this is that rural areas do not have the work force that many industries need, and urban and suburban areas do not the tax credits. It is a lose lose situation because industries are moving to other states for the aforementioned issues.

I have spoken at length about many of these issues. Per the Georgia Budget Policy Institute, an estimated 380 million could be collected through simply raising cigarette and other tobacco product taxes. It might not be popular, but it is a voluntary tax that residents choose to pay.

We could receive approximately 357 million through reform our sales tax system. Bottom line is that it needs to be more efficient and collection measures need to be taken seriously. There are thousands of businesses that operate without a sales tax license but still charge sales tax. This is basically stealing red handed from all of us. Any of us go buy a Dr. Pepper or any other item, we pay our sales tax, it never gets collected. This system has to be reformed.

We need to work to audit and reduce out dated and abused corporate tax loopholes and exemptions. The accountability process for ensuring that corporate tax exemptions are being used for their designed purpose is extraordinarily corrupt and is abused more every year. I always use the Delta example, but why do they get exemptions that other Atlanta airlines do not get? Not to mention, they still charge us all fees to carry on our bags.

Steve is a very good friend of mine. We are college friends and have worked together for sometime now. He lives in Atlanta and is a tax paying citizen of Georgia that knows how to manage a campaign. The average going rate for a campaign manager of his caliber is around 2,000 - 3,000 per month. I hardly think that should be a point of contention.

I am sorry that it might upset people to think that a Democrat can espouse conservative values. No party has a patent on the word conservative and non has one on the word liberal. I have been open and honest and have responded to questions asked to me in a public forum. I have proposed solutions to problems that we face, yet I keep being accused of not giving solutions.

I appreciate you addressing all of these. Every time I hear Paulette talking, it's in empty buzzwords. I have yet to hear her deliver a single solution come out of her mouth.

I appreciate your ideas Will. Even if other people disagree, I hope they can at least respect the fact that you are honest about who you are.

I appreciate you addressing all of these. Every time I hear Paulette talking, it's in empty buzzwords. I have yet to hear her deliver a single solution come out of her mouth.

I appreciate your ideas Will. Even if other people disagree, I hope they can at least respect the fact that you are honest about who you are.

And what you stand for.drinks.gif

I do not like this bill at all. I think that requiring people to buy insurance is unfair and oversteps the limits of government. The bill does little to make healthcare better. One thing I do like in the bill is the elimination of pre-existing condition clauses in insurance plans, but I think there would have been other ways to to handle this. So it's OK to get auto insurance after you've had an accident and expect the insurance company to pay for it?

We have to offer tax credits for companies bringing on new employees to encourage job growth. Carte blanche tax exemptions does not cut it though. They have to be directed and have to have oversight. For example, the Kia plant that received large amounts of tax exemptions and credits in order to open near Legrange currently employs large numbers of people who are not even Georgia citizens. As part of their tax agreement, they should be required to hire Georgia workers first!!! Why should/would government have control over private business.

We have to bring water to Paulding. Without our own supply, no large scale employer is going to come here knowing that they are not guaranteed water and sewer service in the future, especially considering the problems with the rest of the metro Atlanta area and water. How long has the reservoir been approved for completion??

We have to improve transportation. All it takes taking a potential industrialist through Hiram on any afternoon to make them wonder "how am I going to get my trucks though here?" There are several options as to improving transportation through the county that are not limited to the legendary and allusice HWY 92 widening. Not 100% sure what you are trying to say here. :unsure:

We must also move Paulding into a higher industrial exemption tier level. This is a very complicated piece of legislation, but it basically gives new industries less tax benefits for bringing jobs to Paulding, largely because of our population. It gives more tax incentives for industries moving to rural areas. The problem with this is that rural areas do not have the work force that many industries need, and urban and suburban areas do not the tax credits. It is a lose lose situation because industries are moving to other states for the aforementioned issues. What??? We don't have the work force, are you really saying that??

I have spoken at length about many of these issues. Per the Georgia Budget Policy Institute, an estimated 380 million could be collected through simply raising cigarette and other tobacco product taxes. It might not be popular, but it is a voluntary tax that residents choose to pay. Oh sure the answer to everything tax tobacco products. What ya gonna do when everyone quits smoking??

We could receive approximately 357 million through reform our sales tax system. Bottom line is that it needs to be more efficient and collection measures need to be taken seriously. There are thousands of businesses that operate without a sales tax license but still charge sales tax. This is basically stealing red handed from all of us. Any of us go buy a Dr. Pepper or any other item, we pay our sales tax, it never gets collected. This system has to be reformed. What are you proposing to "reform" it??

We need to work to audit and reduce out dated and abused corporate tax loopholes and exemptions. The accountability process for ensuring that corporate tax exemptions are being used for their designed purpose is extraordinarily corrupt and is abused more every year. I always use the Delta example, but why do they get exemptions that other Atlanta airlines do not get? Not to mention, they still charge us all fees to carry on our bags. Delta employs lots of people in Paulding, you're gonna step on toes here. ;)

Steve is a very good friend of mine. We are college friends and have worked together for sometime now. He lives in Atlanta and is a tax paying citizen of Georgia that knows how to manage a campaign. The average going rate for a campaign manager of his caliber is around 2,000 - 3,000 per month. I hardly think that should be a point of contention. Friends are good. :drinks:

I am sorry that it might upset people to think that a Democrat can espouse conservative values. No party has a patent on the word conservative and non has one on the word liberal. I have been open and honest and have responded to questions asked to me in a public forum. I have proposed solutions to problems that we face, yet I keep being accused of not giving solutions. Perhaps you need to be a little more specific, generalities usually don't get it. 8)

Still waiting for the answers to my questions. ;)

Oh!!! So Paulette can avoid ALL confrontation and cake walk into this election and you don't care, but let Will eat dinner with his family and you get your panties in a wad?

But then again, you don't really have a dog in this race do you?

Oh!!! So Paulette can avoid ALL confrontation and cake walk into this election and you don't care, but let Will eat dinner with his family and you get your panties in a wad?

But then again, you don't really have a dog in this race do you?

Oh, feelip, don't worry. I think I diffused the situation with my sarcastic comment earlier.

NG,

The comment about the workforce was directed at how the current tax credit "tier system" is set up. Industries creating jobs in more rural counties get higher and more tax credits for creating jobs, problem is they don't have the work force. Counties with larger urban populations get less tax credits, but have the workforce. Paulding is a tier 3 county, the same as Cobb. Industries are not coming here because in the rural counties were the tax credits are high, there is not a large workforce and in the urban areas were the workforce is high, the tax credits are low. It is a complicated piece of legislation that few people even know exists.

We also have to remember that around 2014 the Panama Canal is going to finish being widened. Savannah is one of the few ports that can handle the size of ship that the widened canal will handle can dock in. The Savannah River needs to be dredged a few feet in order to accommodate these ships. Good thing is that in Powder Springs there is an intermodal train yard that many of these larger loads can come to. This all combined basically gives Paulding County direct access to Japan, or Australia, via ship. We in the county have to take advantage of this through public private partnerships and other state incentives for industry.

As far as Kia goes, we offered them tax benefits to hire Georgia workers. They did not, they hired Alabama workers in many cases. They gave them to people that don't live here. My moto is: TAKE CARE OF GEORGIANS FIRST!!!!!!

As far as the health insurance goes. How many people do you know that were diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when they were 21 years old (by no fault of their own) and now can not get health insurance for less than 600 per month? Not to mention that is only a catastrophic plan that does not cover endocrinologist appointments, insulin, or needles. Not to mention that if he has a heart attack that would be considered a pre-existing condition because of his diabetes. I do not condone the government paying for it, just helping make it affordable for people. (This is the case of my friend who was the best man in my wedding and I was in his as well).

You can continue to come up with reasons why you will not vote for me (pretty sure you can't anyway, since you don't live in my district). But how has my opposition even attempted to answer questions in a public forum? I am trying to provide solutions to issues and work hard for everyone, do my job and go home to my wife and daughter.