Paulding.com

Allegations Surface Against District 19 Candidate

Allegations Surface Against District 19 Candidate

Comments Attributed to Candidate Acknowledge Past Infidelity

On the webpage of the local affiliate of a national news site, in the comments section below the article, there is a conversation in which comments attributed to the candidate and his wife answered accusations of a past infidelity. The infidelity is reported in those comments to have occurred while he was married to his first wife some years ago. It is further acknowledged in those comments attributed to the candidate and his current wife, that the alleged infidelity was the cause of his divorce from his first wife.

Here is the response attributed to the Candidate and his wife:

Daniel Stout says:

Kelly and I wanted to respond together to a question about a painful past event that someone has recently raised during this election.

Ten years ago I committed adultery that led to a divorce from my first wife. I own the reality of the pain I caused to my first wife, my daughter and others. This humbling experience changed my life dramatically.

I have asked for and received forgiveness from my first wife, my daughter, my family, my friends, my church, my community and, most importantly, God.

I met my current wife, Kelly, four years later. We were completely open with one another, and we discussed all this as soon as we began dating. We got married in 2005, and God’s loving forgiveness for us has been a constant theme of our relationship. The Lord has blessed us with a wonderful marriage, and through God’s strength we remain faithful to one another.

Continued...

February 16, 10:02 AM

Daniel Stout says:

continued... Of course, we knew when I announced for the House seat that belongs to the people of Paulding County that this and all matters of our lives would be open to the public. We believe in total transparency, even in matters of past sins anyone would rather forget.

We will always be open with our lives, and we invite you to call us if you would like to talk to either of us:

Daniel: 770-655-7750.

Kelly: 678-697-2796

Sincerely,

Daniel and Kelly Stout

Kelly Stout says:

Dear Friends,

I am writing to dispel any concerns that you might have regarding an indiscretion committed by my husband, Daniel Stout, ten years ago. Daniel has never attempted to hide the fact that he committed a terrible sin in his first marriage.

I would like to make some things perfectly clear regarding that situation and how things stand with Daniel now. Daniel publically confessed this sin with deepest repentance to his first wife, his family and in front of the church he was a member of at the time. Daniel’s first wife forgave him. Daniel’s family forgave him. In addition, his church forgave him.

Daniel was completely up front with me about this event as soon as we began dating. As his wife for going on 5 years, I have never had any doubt about his fidelity in our marriage and his commitment to remain completely faithful to me.

(letter continued in next comment)

February 16, 10:04 AM

Kelly Stout says:

It is clear to me that my husband has been humbled and brought closer to the Lord by his past. I am proud of Daniel and the man he is before the Lord. I am completely convinced that he can represent Paulding County’s 19th District with the utmost integrity.

Sincerely, Kelly Stout

678-697-2796

This is not posted lightly. This is posted here because given the circumstances that lead to this special election in the first place, and in the interest of honesty and openness, it is important to let those voters who read this know that these allegations have surfaced about Mr. Stout's past, and to give them opportunity to contact the candidate to discuss the circumstances surrounding these past events if they so choose.

I ask that those wishing to bash restrain themselves so that this may remain in the News Section.

I see that we have a new member who may like to comment further.

(The live-link has been disabled above by Miss Ellie. We will provide the link but you will have to enter it yourself. www.examiner.com/x-38352-Paulding-County-Republican-Examiner~y2010m2d12-Georgia-House-District-19-Republican-event - pubby)

Edited by PUBBY
to cite link without it being a live link
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there are those who will say 'once a cheater, always a cheater' and that 'if you'll cheat on your spouse, you'll cheat the taxpayers as well'.   to me, this is like saying 'once a waitress, always a

Frankly, I find JMT's prose so self-admiringly opaque that it’s nearly impossible to figure out what he’s saying about anyone at anytime. It’s like being insulted in Sanskrit. It’s possible he’s writi

Not really. Just noting that the agreement here has more to do with the R in front of the candidate's name instead of anything else.   Chocolate. I am craving chocolate.

Who cares? Honestly, what the hell does that have to do with whether or not he can do the job as a legislature? Not one thing. I don't care if he had an affair, two affairs, or rivaled Tiger Woods in the number of affairs. It doesn't matter. I won't vote for the guy because I disagree with him on the issues but this is totally and completely unfair. Do any of you want to be judged forever for something that happened ten years ago? My God. The guy could have committed all sorts of crimes years ago, spent time in jail, come out as a Conservative and no body would have said a word. Remember Chuck Colson? But this guy does something that is not even a crime and suddenly people start talking as if he us unfit to serve in a political capacity. I don't get conservatives. I just don't. :rolleyes:

Our office contacted both Mr. and Ms. Stout and confirmed the story and could have run it as a news story in the Friday PCOM News.

I chose not to do so for several reasons.

First, I didn't like the timing nor the location where the story broke. The 'examiner.com' efforts of Ithy does provide compensation based on the views and viewers. While his story did not bring up the indiscretion, the poster who did disclose it was obviously doing him a favor.

Second, as Jughaid surmises, one's marital infidelities five to ten years ago are not relevant. As a fan of founding fathers Ben Franklin and George Washington, I don't consider marital fidelity a necessity or indicator of political acumen, ability or talent.

Third, there is no certainty that Mr. Stout will win this election and if he doesn't win, this indiscretion would be of no consequence.

Fourth, if Mr. Stout did win the election, this story would be of more consequence in the real election (not this special election) which will take place in July. There is no doubt in my mind that it would become public and be an issue during that election cycle. Indeed, it would be a more important story as it would have involved the background of a sitting representative.

Given the possibility that Mr. Stout may not be the representative my decision was not to include the story in the Friday news and leave the man's reputation unsullied in that event.

Finally, I pretty much knew that the topic would make it to the pages of Paulding.com and having determined its veracity, it will stay.

pubby

PS: There exists in the public perception the idea that the news media can be manipulated by teh presentation of scandal and dirt and that we have to respond with big headlines and hype. Personally, I don't like being manipulated and reject that notion and resist those efforts. The election is truly not about Daniel Stouts marital difficulties five or ten years ago.

there are those who will say 'once a cheater, always a cheater' and that 'if you'll cheat on your spouse, you'll cheat the taxpayers as well'.

to me, this is like saying 'once a waitress, always a waitress' or 'if you'll cheat at scrabble, you'll cheat on your taxes'.

making a mistake, committing a sin, disappointing someone you love........

these are all things that people do.

owning it, apologizing for it, learning from it, and trying your damnedest not to do it again..... these are all things that good people do.

• Like 1

Our office contacted both Mr. and Ms. Stout and confirmed the story and could have run it as a news story in the Friday PCOM News.

First, I didn't like the timing nor the location where the story broke. The 'examiner.com' efforts of Ithy does provide compensation based on the views and viewers. While his story did not bring up the indiscretion, the poster who did disclose it was obviously doing him a favor.

Second, as Jughaid surmises, one's marital infidelities five to ten years ago are not relevant. As a fan of founding fathers Ben Franklin and George Washington, I don't consider marital fidelity a necessity or indicator of political acumen, ability or talent.

Third, there is no certainty that Mr. Stout will win this election and if he doesn't win, this indiscretion would be of no consequence.

Fourth, if Mr. Stout did win the election, this story would be of more consequence in the real election (not this special election) which will take place in July. There is no doubt in my mind that it would become public and be an issue during that election cycle. Indeed, it would be a more important story as it would have involved the background of a sitting representative.

Given the possibility that Mr. Stout may not be the representative my decision was not to include the story in the Friday news and leave the man's reputation unsullied in that event.

Finally, I pretty much knew that the topic would make it to the pages of Paulding.com and having determined its veracity, it will stay.

pubby

PS: There exists in the public perception the idea that the news media can be manipulated by teh presentation of scandal and dirt and that we have to respond with big headlines and hype. Personally, I don't like being manipulated and reject that notion and resist those efforts. The election is truly not about Daniel Stouts marital difficulties five or ten years ago.

As some of you know. I thought long and hard about whether or not to post this. Without going into any detail, I will say that in as much as one's fidelity to the person that they have pledged their undying love to goes to the quality of their character, as has been discussed numerous times here, it may be a factor in the minds of many voters, regardless of when it occurred. The transgressions in question were not those of a child. Mr. Stout claims to be a changed man, and I applaud him for being open on the subject.

The fact is, that character does count. I will not pass judgment on Mr. Stout for past transgressions. That is not my intent. My intent in posting this was to see to it that information that many may find pertinent to casting their vote, and that was already in the public domain, is made more available.

While I am unable to vote in this election because I am in a different district, I want to make a few comments.

Daniel is about 29 years old. This siutation occurred approx. 10 years ago which would make him 19/20 years old.

Second, here is a comment by someone named Bob Tangoe and what Bob said may not mean much to some but as Christians and a Christian myself, I am aware of these bible study groups as I have a friend who attends this all this time with a group of 6 Christian men. My friend, who became a Christian a few years back, attends a Men's Bible study group and they help each other walk the line with Christ. My friend is a recovered Alcoholic. My friend was a raging maniac when he used to drink.

About Daniel, from Bob Tango in the comment section my article:

"Our friendship began when he invited me to a small bible study and prayer group consisting of about 25 men. These men have gathered together every week for over four years and Daniel has been humble and very open to all these men about his past. He and others in the others in the group, rely on each other for accountability and support. Daniel, in the same spirit, is offering voters of Paulding County accountability and support. The statement from “Anonymous Tip” of “once a cheater, always a cheater” is a very sad commentary. If one believes this, they are doomed to repeat all past errors in their life without any ability or hope of change. This would be a very miserable life to live. Fortunately this world is full of many outstanding examples of people who have learned from their mistakes and have moved forward to live exceptional lives. I am sure readers of this blog can testify to many examples of people they know who have."

And that is how I view Daniel's situation.

Another friend of mine told me that would I have done this with Bill Clinton. I haven't responded to him yet but, I doubt it although I may be able to now as it seems he may have cleaned up his act. Clinton committed his numerous acts with more than one woman while he was Governor and continued while he was President. To add, Clinton attempted to hide it and lied when he was caught. Daniel has yet to hold any office and was not in a political office at the time nor has he hid it. Not many of us are going to come and shout to the world of our past sins right off the bat.

Clinton was impeached by the very definition of impeachment but many Democrats had no guts to go along with it in the Senate.

In comparison with Clinton's situation and Daniel's incident or of other "like" comparisons, they are not even close in more ways than one.

Like I said, I cannot vote because of being in Howard Maxwell's district, but in getting to know Daniel more and more everyday, he has learned his lesson of what happened a decade ago and hasn't turned back since.

Lastly, he is on good terms with his ex-wife and they get along.

That is my comment on the matter. I cannot influence his win or lose because I cannot vote, but I do believe that forgiveness has a lot of power. Trust me, forgiving my own father for his terrible deeds not long before he died wasn't easy but in the end, good came out of it.

Edited by PraiseThee

While I am unable to vote in this election because I am in a different district, I want to make a few comments.

Daniel is about 29 years old. This siutation occurred approx. 10 years ago which would make him 19/20 years old.

Second, here is a comment by someone named Bob Tangoe and what Bob said may not mean much to some but as Christians and a Christian myself, I am aware of these bible study groups as I have a friend who attends this all this time with a group of 6 Christian men. My friend, who became a Christian a few years back, attends a Men's Bible study group and they help each other walk the line with Christ. My friend is a recovered Alcoholic. My friend used to be a raging maniac when he used to drink.

About Daniel, from Bob Tango in the comment section my article:

"Our friendship began when he invited me to a small bible study and prayer group consisting of about 25 men. These men have gathered together every week for over four years and Daniel has been humble and very open to all these men about his past. He and others in the others in the group, rely on each other for accountability and support. Daniel, in the same spirit, is offering voters of Paulding County accountability and support. The statement from “Anonymous Tip” of “once a cheater, always a cheater” is a very sad commentary. If one believes this, they are doomed to repeat all past errors in their life without any ability or hope of change. This would be a very miserable life to live. Fortunately this world is full of many outstanding examples of people who have learned from their mistakes and have moved forward to live exceptional lives. I am sure readers of this blog can testify to many examples of people they know who have."

And that is how I view Daniel's situation.

Another friend of mine told me that would I have done this with Bill Clinton. I haven't responded to him yet but, I doubt it although I may be able to now as it seems he may have cleaned up his act. Clinton committed his numerous acts with more than one woman while he was Governor and continued while he was President. To add, Clinton attempted to hide it and lied when he was caught. Daniel has yet to hold any office and was not in a political office at the time.

Clinton was impeached by the very definition of impeachment but many Democrats had no guts to go along with it in the Senate.

In comparison with Clinton's situation and Daniel's incident or of other "like" comparisons, they are not even close in more ways than one.

Like I said, I cannot vote because of being in Howard Maxwell's district, but in getting to know Daniel more and more everyday, he has learned his lesson of what happened a decade ago and hasn't turned back since.

Lastly, he is on good terms with his ex-wife and they get along.

That is my comment on the matter. I cannot influence his win or lose because I cannot vote, but I do believe that forgiveness has a lot of power. Trust me, forgiving my own father for his terrible deeds not long before he died wasn't easy but in the end, good came out of it.

you used too many words. just say you agree with me and save the typing time!!! :wub:

As some of you know. I thought long and hard about whether or not to post this. Without going into any detail, I will say that in as much as one's fidelity to the person that they have pledged their undying love to goes to the quality of their character, as has been discussed numerous times here, it may be a factor in the minds of many voters, regardless of when it occurred. The transgressions in question were not those of a child. Mr. Stout claims to be a changed man, and I applaud him for being open on the subject.

The fact is, that character does count. I will not pass judgment on Mr. Stout for past transgressions. That is not my intent. My intent in posting this was to see to it that information that many may find pertinent to casting their vote, and that was already in the public domain, is made more available.

You are a person of character, and I know you were trying to make the info that might help a voter to make his decision in this race a little more extensive. Some may feel that he is a stronger candidate where some may think the reverse. Now they can ask him if they have questions about this.

I agree with PT and NC-17.

I had already reached my conclusion about this race before I ever heard about this sordid nonsense. If anything, I think this nasty episode calls into question the character and judgment of the folks who would raise and sling this stuff around as much as it attempts to besmirch the character of the person involved.

Sigh...

ETA - That's not a dig at anyone on pcom. I have a problem with the original anonymous tipster who decided to dredge this up, and especially any other candidate's campaign who might have encouraged it.

I had been debating myself on this all day...forgive him?, yes...forget it when there is an election on the line..no.

UNTIL....it was revealed that this happened when he was 19....19...a kid.

MOST 19 year olds make stupid, hormonal mistakes.

Yes, I will now forget it...it will not impact how he votes for the people of his district.

Glad ya'll don't know what I did when I was 19.... :blush:

how many pcommers are scratching their heads and wondering if there's any truth to the 2012 thing right now? :rofl:

i know LPPT is!!! :lol:

PWAAA I am no martyr!!! If I knew for sure 2012 was the end We would start the party now :yahoo:

I was slightly amused by the amount of time it took this to roll out!

If you like Daniel then you didn't want to hurt him.

If you like Sibley you didn't want it out so he wouldn't get accused of Slinging the mud and looking bad.

Jody may just be finding out.

It has been my experience that supporters of candidates play dirtier than the actual candidates, they are not the ones that lose.

This is relevant in the minds of some because they are running to replace someone whose behavior has cost the taxpayers of this county $30,000 for a special election.

A 10 year old indiscretion is no big deal to some, but others may say here we go again.

I would be more concerned with their recent past and behaviors myself.

I had been debating myself on this all day...forgive him?, yes...forget it when there is an election on the line..no.

UNTIL....it was revealed that this happened when he was 19....19...a kid.

MOST 19 year olds make stupid, hormonal mistakes.

Yes, I will now forget it...it will not impact how he votes for the people of his district.

Glad ya'll don't know what I did when I was 19.... :blush:

The same here and yes, I was 19/20 as well. Only a handful of people in my life know what it is and certainly, my parents who had to pay a $300 phone bill, calling collect is expensive. :blush: :ninja:

PWAAA I am no martyr!!! If I knew for sure 2012 was the end We would start the party now :yahoo:

I was slightly amused by the amount of time it took this to roll out!

If you like Daniel then you didn't want to hurt him.

If you like Sibley you didn't want it out so he wouldn't get accused of Slinging the mud and looking bad.

Jody may just be finding out.

It has been my experience that supporters of candidates play dirtier than the actual candidates, they are not the ones that lose.

This is relevant in the minds of some because they are running to replace someone whose behavior has cost the taxpayers of this county $30,000 for a special election.

A 10 year old indiscretion is no big deal to some, but others may say here we go again.

I would be more concerned with their recent past and behaviors myself.

I have to strongly disagree with the above in bold. Sure, there are "some" supporters of past candidates who may play hardball on the sidelines but I am not seeing this at all with Daniel. Nothing, zero, zip, nada and certainly not from me.

The one who happened to be in the former seat of the House and while I have my own private views because this is not about the previous holder of the that seat, happened to be in a very powerful seat, had been a politician for quite awhile, and well into adulthood, and was holding an elected seat while he committed his acts.

What I see is a pre-judgement for someone who has never held a seat, is being tarnished because of a past incident in his "private" life at a young age, has turned everything around and is now married to a wonderful wife. Before he married his present wife, Kelly, he was forth coming to her of what he did. She told me this earlier this week. He could have hid it from her but he did not. That tells me a lot. It also tells me that Daniel knows of what his future would be if he went back and repeated what he did a decade ago. At this point in his life, as with any of ours, to do something completely unethical or something much worse, would ruin our lives for a very long time.

In my own views since I cannot vote, I also ask why deny a person the ability to become successful after they have made a past mistake, 10 years ago no less and has shown their remorse for it? If that was the case, then many people in this nation wouldn't be where they are now. The thief on the cross with Jesus would not be with Christ now.

In Luke 12:8 we see Jesus saying “Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God”.

In Matthew 7:21, “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven”.

It is just how I feel with this candiate from my own perspective of the matter. I am all for ethical politicians but I also believe a past "private" bad deed long ago as an ordinary citizen should not prevent them from pursuing their goals in life which would include public office.

One cannot even compare of what Daniel did to what Clinton did while in office.

I've said my peace there as well. :p

check.your.messages.

and yes. i did mean for you to envision awkward hand gestures while reading that statement. very insensitive of me, but hysterical all the same.

pubby

Pubby,I have to add this before I leave this topic for the time being.

First of all, no one works for free and being on Examiner as a local reporter of Republican politics is of no exception. And there is more than just views for pay. after hitting 1000+ views in combination of all my news clips, in just a week, I am pleased at that. It tells me that people are interested in Republican politics. :D

Second, who ever posted the nastiness comment(and mind you) I could have deleted it as I have the ability to do so, was more of a devious nature. It would have come out sooner or later so it was no suprise that it did.

And third, although it wasn't in my article, I am happy that it broke on my site first. And honestly, Daniel knew his past deed could come up as he hid nothing and when it came up, as he has told several people, many times, to ask him anything and he means anything, he spoke and presented his words.

Later.

check.your.messages.

and yes. i did mean for you to envision awkward hand gestures while reading that statement. very insensitive of me, but hysterical all the same.

Oh I guess you did.... :lol:

I have to strongly disagree with the above in bold. Sure, there are "some" supporters of past candidates who may play hardball on the sidelines but I am not seeing this at all with Daniel. Nothing, zero, zip, nada and certainly not from me.

The one who happened to be in the former seat of the House and while I have my own private views because this is not about the previous holder of the that seat, happened to be in a very powerful seat, had been a politician for quite awhile, and well into adulthood, and was holding an elected seat while he committed his acts.

What I see is a pre-judgement for someone who has never held a seat, is being tarnished because of a past incident in his "private" life at a young age, has turned everything around and is now married to a wonderful wife. Before he married his present wife, Kelly, he was forth coming to her of what he did. She told me this earlier this week. He could have hid it from her but he did not. That tells me a lot. It also tells me that Daniel knows of what his future would be if he went back and repeated what he did a decade ago. At this point in his life, as with any of ours, to do something completely unethical or something much worse, would ruin our lives for a very long time.

In my own views since I cannot vote, I also ask why deny a person the ability to become successful after they have made a past mistake, 10 years ago no less and has shown their remorse for it? If that was the case, then many people in this nation wouldn't be where they are now. The thief on the cross with Jesus would not be with Christ now.

In Luke 12:8 we see Jesus saying “Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God”.

In Matthew 7:21, “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven”.

It is just how I feel with this candiate from my own perspective of the matter. I am all for ethical politicians but I also believe a past "private" bad deed long ago as an ordinary citizen should not prevent them from pursuing their goals in life which would include public office.

One cannot even compare of what Daniel did to what Clinton did while in office.

So you are saying that it was not a supporter of one of the candidates that brought this information out.

Which candidate do you think did?

So you are saying that it was not a supporter of one of the candidates that brought this information out.

Which candidate do you think did?

Okay, got to answer this and have to write and edit.

I didn't say it was a candidate. I may have mis-read your comment then. I was thinking what you said referred to those who support Daniel and are taking his side and hid things.

I do believe it was a supporter of another candidate or someone who has a problem with him.

My bad if I read it wrong. :blush:

Okay, got to answer this and have to write and edit.

I didn't say it was a candidate. I may have mis-read your comment then. I was thinking what you said referred to those who support Daniel and are taking his side and hid things.

I do believe it was a supporter of another candidate or someone who has a problem with him.

My bad if I read it wrong. :blush:

Thanks, those where just my observations, not saying anything about the candidates, or pretending to have proof or facts, just that it seemed plausible.

I just find publicly discussing others sex lives to horribly embarrassing.

I thought I would die of embarrassment sitting in public and reading the sordid details of Clinton's little fiasco.

Just not anything I really want to know.

But as I said it does matter to some.

The infidelity has been admitted. The details of that have not been verified and will not be discussed. That sort of discussion is not something that should be done in an open forum like this. Rumors, especially rumors like this, can hurt many people. Keep the discussion to the topic and don't speculate on more than that.

I'm watching and waiting to make more posts disappear - my specialty, you know.

Deputy Rafe, MD (Magical Deputy)

Ahhhh......how soon we forget about all the Glenn bashing! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Completely different and you know the difference. Stout is not even elected and this was a personal event. Richardson was using his office to help his Ms Hottie's company and threated his ex with the powers he could weild with his office. Night. Day. Even a blind woman can see that. <_<