• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 keith

keith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

What are the necessary steps residents of Paulding needs to take to have a Fun Dog Park for our pets? if anyone knows and would please share this information with me I will be glad to do what's necessary to get this accomplished.
Keith

Edited by keith, 10 September 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#2 I <3 My Rottie

I <3 My Rottie

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

What are the necessary steps residents of Paulding needs to take to have a Fun Dog Park for our pets? if anyone knows and would please share this information with me I will be glad to do what's necessary to get this accomplished.
Keith

I'd love to see a dog park with off leash areas and trails, doggie water fountains, etc. :)
Shoot for the moon ~ Even if you miss ~ You're still among the stars!

#3 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,157 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

Keith

Welcome to PCOM.

Buckle up, hang on and have a good ride.

#4 stercus tauri

stercus tauri

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Other counties around Paulding have these. Why Paulding doesn't is a good question.

#5 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,006 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Welcome!

This topic was visited awhile back, IIRC. I don't have time to look it up, but didn't somebody say the Tara Drummond park has dog park stuff? Maybe Barbed Wire will chime in.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#6 I <3 My Rottie

I <3 My Rottie

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

Welcome!

This topic was visited awhile back, IIRC. I don't have time to look it up, but didn't somebody say the Tara Drummond park has dog park stuff? Maybe Barbed Wire will chime in.

I asked about this last week and was told there were dog water fountains at the Silver Comet Trail at Seaboard road. The closest true dog park is in Acworth. If there's something closer, that would be fantastic.
Shoot for the moon ~ Even if you miss ~ You're still among the stars!

#7 Barbed wire

Barbed wire

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Tara Drummond Memorial Park has funds that could be used for a dog park. I asked a year or so ago for someone to head up a group to go to the County Commissioners and ask what the requirements could be. The Tara Drummond Memorial Park is not a good site. There is not enough space for a dog park. White Oak would be a great place.....or possibly Taylor Farm. Tara Drummond Memorial Fund still has funds that are being donated to Criminal Justice majors at Chattahoochee Tech each year, but would love to help with a dog park. We (Tara's parents) still have Daisy....Tara's yellow Lab and we live in Paulding and would love to help with this addtion for the dogs.
  • lowrider, MillCreek and NC-17 like this
Love never ends; it just changes shape.

#8 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,157 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

I was just reading about Tara Drummond Park about an hour ago. I want to take my grandson there one afternoon.
  • Barbed wire likes this

#9 CitizenCain

CitizenCain

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

Paulding's definition of a dog park is the front yard of any neighbor away on vacation.
  • rednekkhikkchikk likes this
If it's on the Internet it has to be True.

#10 AustinPlantation

AustinPlantation

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

I found this one in Douglasville:

Off-Leash Dog Parks in Douglasville
Deer Lick Park
2105 Mack Rd
Douglasville, GA, US 30135
Bring your pet for some off-leash exercise at this fenced dog park, which includes a separate area for smaller pets
See http://www.bringfido...ttraction/2264/
Mel
-------------------------------------------------------
An optomist may not get there any faster, but he'll enjoy the trip more If you believe you can, you can --- and if you can't, at least you believed you could!

#11 Gone

Gone

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

I have an off-leash dog park......My fenced in back yard.A place my wife and I paid for ourselves.We didn't ask for taxpayer money to provide a place for our dogs to be outside and not on a leash.
  • mrshoward and CitizenCain like this

#12 InLA

InLA

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

There is one up 92 in Cobb County. I took my dogs there a few times when we lived in Paulding, but people kept letting their little dogs in the big dog area, and my dogs don't like little dogs.

#13 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,997 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

http://dallas-hiram....-for-a-dog-park

Enter Contest to Win $500K for Dog Park
Dog owners have until Sept. 17 to enter the contest at BenefulDreamDogPark.com by uploading a photo of them with their dog and a short essay.

#14 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,958 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

I have an off-leash dog park......My fenced in back yard.A place my wife and I paid for ourselves.We didn't ask for taxpayer money to provide a place for our dogs to be outside and not on a leash.

My thinking too.

#15 mach4

mach4

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

The county should have plenty of money for one....the SPLOST is generating SO much money, they are building a park at the new court house.

Why not a Dog park? :pardon:

Oh...BTW...this way, it wouldnt cost taxpayers anything...so dont go there...

Edited by mach4, 13 September 2013 - 04:48 AM.

#16 Gone

Gone

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

The county should have plenty of money for one....the SPLOST is generating SO much money, they are building a park at the new court house.

Why not a Dog park? :pardon:

Oh...BTW...this way, it wouldnt cost taxpayers anything...so dont go there...

Did someone donate all the land and money?........If not,then how will it be funded?.......The T in splost stands for tax correct?

#17 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,958 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

Did someone donate all the land and money?........If not,then how will it be funded?.......The T in splost stands for tax correct?

Yes, that's correct. And SPLOST money can't be spent on just anything, it's allocated specifically and I don't think a dog park is included.

#18 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

Sounds like a good venture for private business. Tax money is quite thin right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics