23 replies to this topic

#1 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

Any one having issue accessing Paulding.gov?
I can't get it to load.

Know the hours for the tag office?

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#2 oneijack

oneijack

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday

#3 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday

Thanks!
Can't seem to get it to load!!

What's everyone's thoughts on the new thing where you can opt in to the new Title Ad Valorem Tax vs. paying the Ad Valorem yearly?
  • pcfanatic likes this

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#4 All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah

All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah

Don't make me stamp you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,014 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

Thanks!

What's everyone's thoughts on the new thing where you can opt in to the new Title Ad Valorem Tax vs. paying the Ad Valorem yearly?

If you paid sales tax on the car it is a no brainer! Your tag bill would probably be 450.00+ for the first few years under the old method so you will come out WAY ahead....

#5 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

If you paid sales tax on the car it is a no brainer! Your tag bill would probably be 450.00+ for the first few years under the old method so you will come out WAY ahead....

That's what I figured.
I did the online calculator and we paid the taxes when we bought the Explorer, so basically I would have to pay nothing more.
Just got to find time to make it to the tag office. :glare:

#6 cmorg

cmorg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,808 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

I went early this morning.

No line and I was in and out.

I will tell you that it is nice paying $20 when tag time rolls around.
  • mach4 likes this

---

You are so wonderful. And smart.

#7 pcfanatic

pcfanatic

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

If you buy from a dealer, you will come out ahead. But guess who is paying this bill, people that buy cars from individuals. Before there wasn't a tax on this transaction but now the government gets their fee. Don't think your elected reps passed this to cut anyone a break. The overall take for the government is increasing substantially. Dealers were pushing for the law so it would drive consumers to their dealerships and reduce individual sales. Why do you think the dealers and their grouops contribute so much to the politicians. The legislature found a way to pay back their dealer friends and at the same time increase the government's overall take. And for the politicans had the gaul to sell it to the public as eliminating the "birthday tax". Politics is a slimy business when groups like the dealers can buy support for their issues and drive business to themselves through the tax structure.
  • LPPT likes this

#8 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

I went early this morning.

No line and I was in and out.

I will tell you that it is nice paying $20 when tag time rolls around.

Cool.
Guess I just need to get up early and go!

#9 Stonewall

Stonewall

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

Just bought a new fleet vehicle for my business. Up front Ad Valorem $1800.00 future tag around $20.00 yearly. Ponder this if I sell the van in say three years that is $600.00 a year AV on that vehicle. The person or business I sell it to has to pay again based on the State of Georgia assessment at the time of purchase to get a new tag. If my old tag averaged $400.00 annually I will have to keep the van at least five years to "break even". If the van changes hands multiple times the lifetime fees could be thousands of dollars on that vehicle. It is a flat out tax increase anyway you look at it and will hurt used sales and new sales in the long run. How long are we going to sit back and continue to let these so called representatives of the people stick it to the working man? I have less contempt for criminals than I do politicians. I work my ass off to keep the families fed that depend on my payroll with and all I get is the shaft at every turn. I pay taxes out the wazoo and so do my employees. They are not on the public dole, they work hard to provide for their families. You want to know why small business and conservatives are so vocal and anti-administration this is just one small example. I apologize for the rant but I am pissed.
  • mach4, The Sound Guy, Glassdogs and 2 others like this

#10 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,703 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Thanks!

I thought that the opt out period had expired.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

#11 Beats Working

Beats Working

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

Yeah you cannot "opt" for anything but paying the entire tax up front.

This is going to kill folks who buy cars with blown engines (etc..) who want to rebuild them and flip the cars.

Sometimes in our senior years the first things to go are bladder control and the filter on our political bent.

Stop bringing current political and social events into my insular little world. You're harshing my escapism mellow.

#12 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Says I have till Feb 2014 on the letter I received.
Our birthdays are coming up this month, so I want to take care of it now.

#13 elliesgranny

elliesgranny

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

We bought a new car last September and got the letter from the tag office about our opt in option. It said we had until March, 2014, to opt in. We went last week and took care of it. Since we paid $1383.00 in sales tax we didn't owe anything except the $20.00 tag fee. It's going to be nice to only pay that every year since we plan on keeping this car for at least 5-10 years. :clapping:

#14 confederaterose

confederaterose

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

I have never been able to get the Paulding Gov. website to load without typing in the www.

#15 Glassdogs

Glassdogs

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

I had a truck, titled to me in another state, and had to pay the title tax just to register it in GA. Nothing changed hands except some of my money to GA's coffers.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

#16 MTA

MTA

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

I bought a new car in 2012. Opted in this month. didn't cost anything extra because of the sales tax I already paid. tag fee going forward $20 a year or whatever the crooks raise that fee to in the future. No brainer IMHO

#17 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

I bought a new car in 2012. Opted in this month. didn't cost anything extra because of the sales tax I already paid. tag fee going forward $20 a year or whatever the crooks raise that fee to in the future. No brainer IMHO

I agree. Sales tax was paid when we bought it new this past December.
So I'll be going to tag office this next week.

#18 All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah

All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah

Don't make me stamp you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,014 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

1375738298[/url]' post='3826896']

Opt in is still a valid option. There is no opt out available.

#19 Lucky64

Lucky64

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,688 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

I'm stuck paying the tax on my truck but on my son's car, I only have to pay $20.

#20 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,451 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

I can opt in on the car I bought last year and I plan on keeping this car for a long time.

It will be nice not to have to pay over and over like in the past, but like the posts above, somebody has to pay.

Politicians don't do anything for nothing.

WHEN YOU SKIP VOTING                       post-10434-1193845973.gif

IT'S NOT REBELLION                    

IT'S SURRENDER             BirdsBlk.gif   

#21 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,703 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

Opt in is still a valid option. There is no opt out available.

I wish there were. I think this is going to cause our taxes to go up when it fails to bring enough money into the county coffers. The money is sent to the state.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

#22 ApolloBeachRetiree

ApolloBeachRetiree

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,508 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

That's what I figured.
I did the online calculator and we paid the taxes when we bought the Explorer, so basically I would have to pay nothing more.

When I registered my 13 Focus ST the tag office calculated that I owed nothing more forever. Oh, what a feeling!

I agree with Bobby Jindal -

I am tired of the left. They say they’re for tolerance, they say they respect diversity. The reality is this: They respect everybody unless you happen to disagree with them. The left is trying to silence us and I’m tired of it, I won’t take it anymore.

#23 Pinches Monos

Pinches Monos

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

Yeah you cannot "opt" for anything but paying the entire tax up front.

This is going to kill folks who buy cars with blown engines (etc..) who want to rebuild them and flip the cars.

but when do you pay the tax? when you apply for title on the junk car ? or only when you put a tag on it?

what about that little dealer trick where they assign the title to you directly from the previous owner? can an individual that is flipping cars do that also? (so the title does not change hands twice)

#24 Beats Working

Beats Working

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Here's a snippit from the GA Dept. of Revenue:

Vehicles purchased on or after March 1, 2013 and titled in this state will be exempt from sales and use tax and the annual ad valorem tax. Instead, these vehicles will be subject to a new, one-time title ad valorem tax that is based on the value of the vehicle.

In addition, if you purchase and title a vehicle between January 1, 2012 and March 1, 2013, you may be eligible to opt-in to the new title ad valorem tax.

AFAIK private individuals cannot act as a 3rd party to the title transfer, if a person buys a car who wants to resell it then it has to be titled appropriately along the way. Dealerships will obviously operate under their own set of rules and be exempt from this process.

Sometimes in our senior years the first things to go are bladder control and the filter on our political bent.

Stop bringing current political and social events into my insular little world. You're harshing my escapism mellow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics