Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

HOOOOLLLLY SMOKES! Hubby is about to really unpopular!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,975 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

The new huge ferris wheel downtown was supposed to open today or tomorrow and Hubby has been sent to shut down operations because they have built it less than 5 feet away from the power lines. YIKES! Who didn't realize this before opening day?

I told him I'd be looking for him on the news because this has been a top story for days now. I'm interested to see how this goes.

#2 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,872 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

WTH? How does that happen? :blink:
There but for the grace of God, go I.

#3 Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,571 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Kudos to your husband for helping to keep people safe!

#4 really gone from here

really gone from here

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,372 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

Wow!!! Just WOW.
*Signature Edited for Content not in Accordance with the PCOM Rules

edited by Deputy Rafe Hollister

#5 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,975 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

WTH? How does that happen? :blink:

No clue! And of course I called him just as he was approaching the 'scene' and he's not looking forward to breaking the news. Boy, talk about being the bad guy. This is a man who has a solution to anything related to power and this one has him stumped, they can't move the lines and I'm sure scooting the FW over isn't in the cards either. WOW, talk about the 4 p's........pi$$ poor prior planning!! His words, not mine!!!

Edited by momof 3, 14 July 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#6 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,872 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

No clue! And of course I called him just as he was approaching the 'scene' and he's not looking forward to breaking the news. Boy, talk about being the bad guy. This is a man who a solution to anything related to power and this one has him stumped, they can't move the lines and I'm sure scooting the FW over isn't in the cards either. WOW, talk about the 4 p's........pi$$ poor prior planning!! His words, not mine!!!

Please keep us updated. I agree with your hubby, it is piss poor planning. I just can't fathom how this could happen.

I don't envy him being the one to have to break the news.

The word cluster comes to mind

Edited by dana, 14 July 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#7 Shananigans

Shananigans

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

holy crap. that's almost funny!

#8 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,975 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Please keep us updated. I agree with your hubby, it is piss poor planning. I just can't fathom how this could happen.

I don't envy him being the one to have to break the news.

The word cluster comes to mind

YES, mine too.

holy crap. that's almost funny!

I agree, it's absurd!

#9 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,975 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

Hubby just called and said the FW was 6 feet from the lines and the minimum for an amusement ride is 15'. He actually came up with a solution and said that 2 four man crews should be able to get it done tomorrow for the grand opening on Tuesday.

My husband rocks, I swear!!! He said 11 Alive was filming so I'm supposed to watch the news this afternoon and look for him.

#10 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,180 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

How in the world can something like this happen? Seriously

I'm not an engineer but I know better.

#11 feelip

feelip

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,504 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

How in the world can something like this happen? Seriously

I'm not an engineer but I know better.

Easy. CITY OF ATLANTA

As long as they are able to extort a little money on the side they will let anyone build anything anywhere.
  • Dana and Mrs G like this
Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

#12 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,872 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hubby just called and said the FW was 6 feet from the lines and the minimum for an amusement ride is 15'. He actually came up with a solution and said that 2 four man crews should be able to get it done tomorrow for the grand opening on Tuesday.

My husband rocks, I swear!!! He said 11 Alive was filming so I'm supposed to watch the news this afternoon and look for him.

So what's the solution or should we wait for the news? That's great he was able to come up with something. :clapping:

#13 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Should be interesting.

I saw a story about the ferris wheel on the news today. The ride price is not going over with folks at all. I forget the exact prices, but it was $40 (+) for a family of four to ride for 15 minutes.

#14 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,040 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

What's the FW for?

#15 Shananigans

Shananigans

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

ferris wheel

#16 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,040 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

ferris wheel

I knew that. :lol:
Why is there a FW? Is there a carnival, circus, or something in town?

#17 myrlin

myrlin

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

Should be interesting.

I saw a story about the ferris wheel on the news today. The ride price is not going over with folks at all. I forget the exact prices, but it was $40 (+) for a family of four to ride for 15 minutes.

WHAT?? We just rode one at the beach, idk how it compares in size to the ATL one but it was only $4 per person

#18 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,872 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Should be interesting.

That's absurd.

#19 Shananigans

Shananigans

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

oops. teehee!

11Alive didn't say a thing about how the city of Atlanta is trying to electrocute people.

#20 jlewi

jlewi

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Should be interesting.

I think it is $13.95 for adults and $8.00 for kids

#21 Mrs G

Mrs G

Super Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

I think the news said the adult price will be $13.50 and children (no ages given yet) will be $8.00 or $8.50.
Do unto others, as you'd have others do unto you!

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly and Leave The Rest To God.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does!!

Helping a Neighbor in need, is a Blessing, indeed!!! 04/25/2013

#22 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,975 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

oops. teehee!

11Alive didn't say a thing about how the city of Atlanta is trying to electrocute people.

No they didn't and that is EXACTLY why I DO NOT trust the media in any way, shape or form. They just now said on the news that is was expected to open as planned on Tuesday. WTH!?!?! When they showed the pics you could plainly see how close it was to the lines. One more news story not telling the truth. Who knew?!?! And as things go, this isn't even important, so what are they saying or not saying about the big things? A$$hats.

#23 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,040 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Should be interesting.

The prices to go to any of the "attractions" around here are totally outlandish. It's pretty bad when adding up the cost of fuel it's still less expensive to go to TN, SC, and other places for fun.
I did the math, and even with discounts, it is still less expensive to go else where. It's sad really.

One other thing, why don't the attractions give a resident discount? That's what they do in Myrtle Beach.

#24 Marteen-J

Marteen-J

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

We did not ride the thing when it was at pensacola beach during this last spring break, and won't be riding it here either.

It was over-priced down there too and we only saw 2 or 3 of the cars being ridden at a time then ---- and that was with all those teenagers walking around with money burning holes....

#25 Stonewall

Stonewall

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Yes. It is at the Atlanta City Hall , three rings with a clown in every ring.

#26 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,975 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

Yes. It is at the Atlanta City Hall , three rings with a clown in every ring.

DING, DING, DING!!!!!!!

I think it is $13.95 for adults and $8.00 for kids

We rode the one in Myrtle Beach and for 2 adults and 1 child, I think it was $42.00.

#27 workingforaliving

workingforaliving

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,815 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

1373854128[/url]' post='3818806']
DING, DING, DING!!!!!!!

We rode the one in Myrtle Beach and for 2 adults and 1 child, I think it was $42.00.

We did MB I. June and even with a q-pin to save a dolla from the resort we were at it was still over $10/person.
To me, the price isn't bad....but I'm concerned about the view :) :smog:

I do a LOT of stay-cations. I don't feel the need to frequent the tourists traps, but when i did The CityPass is an excellent Spring Break experience.

Crap. I'm PUI a d it's evident in the horrible structure of that last post. I blame the iPad!!
Posted Image

#28 Georgia Dawg

Georgia Dawg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

I wonder if the company running the ferris wheel will accept EBT payments for rides....
  • zwier and mojo413 like this

Posted Image

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.

It is a sign that the U.S. Government can't pay its own bills.

It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies…

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

Senator Barack Obama

#29 krwills

krwills

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

I wonder if the company running the ferris wheel will accept EBT payments for rides....

If it doesn't, the booth around the corner will.
The postings you may read may not always be the thoughts of both owners..

Posted Image

#30 Paxilpapa

Paxilpapa

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

Add to the cost of the ride, downtown parking and an armed guard if you're there after dark!!! It all might be worth it, if it were mounted on top of the Hyatt, and made it tilt at a funny angle to make you think it will fall off.... People would sell their cars, kids and pets to ride it. Posted Image
"PEACE IS THAT GLORIUS MOMENT IN HISTORY WHEN EVERY ONE STANDS AROUND RELOADING"

< THOMAS JEFFERSON >

#31 mach4

mach4

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

No they didn't and that is EXACTLY why I DO NOT trust the media in any way, shape or form. They just now said on the news that is was expected to open as planned on Tuesday. WTH!?!?! When they showed the pics you could plainly see how close it was to the lines. One more news story not telling the truth. Who knew?!?! And as things go, this isn't even important, so what are they saying or not saying about the big things? A$$hats.

Thats 11 Alive! They are NOT a news channel....just a "make ya feel good" channel.

This is one network, I wished would go belly up! (or at least anything in the "news" programming area)!

Edited by mach4, 15 July 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#32 Shananigans

Shananigans

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

So what's the latest? News says its scheduled to open tomorrow

#33 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,975 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Thats 11 Alive! They are NOT a news channel....just a "make ya feel good" channel.

This is one network, I wished would go belly up! (or at least anything in the "news" programming area)!

Yea, I forgot about that!

So what's the latest? News says its scheduled to open tomorrow

I heard at 5 that opening may be delayed because of weather. Weather, schmeather.

#34 Wineguy

Wineguy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

Yet that is the exact reason my family only watches 11Alive. I get sick of seeing 20 stories of murder and rape every night. I like seeing what is good in the world.
Follow me on TWITTER: @Wayner83

Posted Image

#35 Marteen-J

Marteen-J

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

Yet that is the exact reason my family only watches 11Alive. I get sick of seeing 20 stories of murder and rape every night. I like seeing what is good in the world.

That is one opinion,

But think of it as an educational experience ---- if you don not find out the latest info on crime, the latest scams and how others are being taken advantage of, then you are setting yourself and your family up as the next victims

Let's say, for example, you are taking a vacation in los angeles this week. You were out walking last night looking for dinner and turned down crenshaw looking for a restaurant...... tell me more about how those rose-colored glasses are going to save your white-*ss

http://www.ajc.com/a...-freeway/nYrY5/
  • mach4, momof 3 and Mrs G like this

#36 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,975 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

That is one opinion,

But think of it as an educational experience ---- if you don not find out the latest info on crime, the latest scams and how others are being taken advantage of, then you are setting yourself and your family up as the next victims

Let's say, for example, you are taking a vacation in los angeles this week. You were out walking last night looking for dinner and turned down crenshaw looking for a restaurant...... tell me more about how those rose-colored glasses are going to save your white-*ss

http://www.ajc.com/a...-freeway/nYrY5/

I agree with you. And the problem has been fixed. It took most of the day yesterday, but they now have 16' clearance. Grand opening is set for today at 12.

I still think it's funny that this was never reported, heck, NOTHING is kept secret. But we did get free passes. WOOHOO!!

#37 Georgia Dawg

Georgia Dawg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

All of this 'big deal' for something less than half the height of the London Eye.
Way to go Atlanta, for being 'Wimpy'!

Posted Image

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.

It is a sign that the U.S. Government can't pay its own bills.

It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies…

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

Senator Barack Obama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics