• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Skyline Plumbing & Septic

Skyline Plumbing & Septic

Paulding Com member

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Here's another grease clog at the inlet tee where the customer swears they never put grease down the drain but the proof is in the pudding.

019.JPG

#2 barrycdog

barrycdog

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Yummy, some people don't realize how fast the grease turns to solid. I had to hand did a septic line and replace when tree roots grew into it.
"Let every dog wag his own tail." James Addison McMurtrey, Company B, 9th Georgia Battalion Artillery

#3 Mrs G

Mrs G

Super Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 10,835 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

The first tenants at our rental house, had called stating the toilets and drains were backing up. I called a septic tank comapny, they came out and the line going into the septic tank was stopped up with "FLUSHABLE" baby wipes. Just because it says flushable doesn't really mean it is. It may be flushable but, when you use them every time you use the bathroom, it WILL stop up the lines.

I use the heck out of some paper towels wiping grease out of bowls and pans, before I put them inot the sink to be washed. I wash dishes by hand.
Do unto others, as you'd have others do unto you!

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly and Leave The Rest To God.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does!!

Helping a Neighbor in need, is a Blessing, indeed!!! 04/25/2013

#4 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 26,535 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

I lived in my home 16 years and never had the tank pumped. I never poured the cooking grease down the drain, but washing it off of dishes for 16 years it builds up day in and day out.
I was told I was lucky 16 years is a pretty good track record for a healthy septic system.

#5 Skyline Plumbing & Septic

Paulding Com member

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

I lived in my home 16 years and never had the tank pumped. I never poured the cooking grease down the drain, but washing it off of dishes for 16 years it builds up day in and day out.
I was told I was lucky 16 years is a pretty good track record for a healthy septic system.

I agree you are the lucky one!!!

#6 MissSophie

MissSophie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Well Skyline just pumped mine and told me whatever I was doing; keep doing it.

I do not put grease down the drain.

#7 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,307 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

I never pour grease down the drain, but if the dishes have greasey remains I do rinse them with Dawn and hot water. Then I put them in the dish washer. We do have one toilet that keeps stopping up.

#8 Skyline Plumbing & Septic

Paulding Com member

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

I never pour grease down the drain, but if the dishes have greasey remains I do rinse them with Dawn and hot water. Then I put them in the dish washer. We do have one toilet that keeps stopping up.

I do recommend Dawn a lot to wash dishes with because it seems to cut the grease better than other liquids. I also use it on washing machine lines once I unstop them with a roto-rooter machine to help wash the grease and scum on down the line to the septic tank.

#9 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 26,535 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

He has some cool pics of stopped up toilets. I can promise you that if a kid drops something in a toilet that has waste in it, he will flush and flush and flush.
It will take pulling his finger nails out to get him to confess.
I have a bath tub drain that I am positive is full of 1/2 a dozen razor caps, 20 lbs of hair glued together with at least 1000.00 in hair product :rolleyes:

#10 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,307 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

He has some cool pics of stopped up toilets. I can promise you that if a kid drops something in a toilet that has waste in it, he will flush and flush and flush.
I have a bath tub drain that I am positive is full of 1/2 a dozen razor caps, 20 lbs of hair glued together with at least 1000.00 in hair product :rolleyes:

Yea, I'm going to have to break down, and get it checked out. DH is quite the handy man, but not when it comes to this. :pardon:

I do recommend Dawn a lot to wash dishes with because it seems to cut the grease better than other liquids. I also use it on washing machine lines once I unstop them with a roto-rooter machine to help wash the grease and scum on down the line to the septic tank.

At least I'm doing something right. :drinks:

#11 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,226 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Us too. The first time I had it pumped was fall of 2012. We've never had a problem, we just got to thinking about it and thought it may be a good idea, especially with all of the people living here.

#12 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 26,535 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Us too. The first time I had it pumped was fall of 2012. We've never had a problem, we just got to thinking about it and thought it may be a good idea, especially with all of the people living here.

We can ask Skyline, but I am pretty sure my septic system is much healthier since we got a front loader. We use the ultra white hot water setting instead of bleach now. We were told years ago as when I was a kid that bleach was the worse thing for septic tanks it kills the good bacteria. Back then they would put the washing machine and dishwasher on a field line that did not go through the septic tank. Not sure if that is allowed in subdivisions now days.
Funny thing though is that we would dig fishing worms at the end of the line for the dishwasher, I am assuming the food particles broke down and made the soil ph good for the worms.

#13 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,226 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

We can ask Skyline, but I am pretty sure my septic system is much healthier since we got a front loader. We use the ultra white hot water setting instead of bleach now. We were told years ago as when I was a kid that bleach was the worse thing for septic tanks it kills the good bacteria. Back then they would put the washing machine and dishwasher on a field line that did not go through the septic tank. Not sure if that is allowed in subdivisions now days.
Funny thing though is that we would dig fishing worms at the end of the line for the dishwasher, I am assuming the food particles broke down and made the soil ph good for the worms.

We got an HE machine but it's not a front loader. And I don't use bleach in it because it uses so little water, it doesn't mix evenly and it ruins clothes. How do you think I know that? :D In my old washer, IF I used bleach, I'd fill the washer, put in the bleach and let it agitate for a bit before I put the clothes in.
  • Mrs G likes this

#14 Birdmom/Thrift Store

Birdmom/Thrift Store

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

EWWWWW!:wacko:

SERVING PAULDING RESIDENTS AND LOCAL CHARITIES ALMOST 12 YEARS!

740 Paulding Plaza, Dallas
(next to Medicine Shoppe)
The Thrift Stores of Choice, Inc. aka The Thrift Store. A non-profit organization, honoring vouchers from
Helping Hands of Paulding, Paulding Collaborative, Paulding Pregnancy Services, local Churches, local
Law Enforcement Agencies, and DFACS. We are the clothes closet for Shepherds Rest Battered
Women's Shelter.
thriftceo@comcast.net

We need your Donations-We give Tax Receipts!

#15 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 26,535 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

EWWWWW!:wacko:

That would be from raising 3 teens in the home for 16 years. I have had it blown out twice, I am assuming that it moves a little farther into the lines each time. I am fortunate that my toilets are fine, I always told them if something fell in there to come get me. Rubber gloves and bleach are a lot less expensive that replacing toilets and lines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics