36 replies to this topic

#1 hurstrsq

hurstrsq

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

My neighbor is looking for a home for their 1 year old white german shepherd. She purchased the dog for her daughter, but her daughter lost interest after the puppy stage.

She is not spayed and I do not think she has ever had any shots. My guess is she probably has worms too, but really don't know. She is good with other dogs and small children, but if she does not know you she will run up and bark a lot. She does well off leash, but is not trained in any way. Once she gets to know you she is a really good dog. She looks a little skinny to me, but it might be a good weight for her. I was told she is 'pure' but they don't know where the papers are for her.

She would need to be picked up during the day (while the kid is at school). The dog spends most of her time in a small crate because she kept escaping from her pen.

Hopefully someone can help her soon before my neighbor changes her mind.

PM me if you are interested. Please, no tire kickers and I don't have any other information than what I've posted.

She is a little dirty in the picture - when she is clean she is pure white.

I'm in north Paulding near the Bartow line.

Attached Thumbnails

• gsd.jpg

#2 rockysmom

rockysmom

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

Shepherd's are great dogs. I hope she finds a good family that will let her be part of their family cause they need to be made part of the family.

She also very pretty. Good luck girlfriend. :)
Buy American! We are all in this together so BUY AMERICAN!!!

A caring, thoughtful, beautiful mind creates it's own blue sky.

#3 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

I would LOVE to have this dog..................but I already have 3!! My husband said NO! Is it for sale, or is she looking to give it away? Housebroken?
Posted Image
I may be a Yankee....but I am a NICE Yankee....and there are worse things I could be....right?[/size]

There are no strangers, just friends we haven't met yet!"

Colleen Ann Deloughery 6/4/60-9/11/01

#4 SPORTS SOURCE

SPORTS SOURCE

SPORTS SOURCE

• PCOM Artist +
  • 16,960 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

HOW SAD!!! I hope you/your neighbor is able to find a loving home for this beautiful and deserving furbaby!!!

770-310-4459

Your Source For Sports Apparel

Specializing in Collegiate, NFL, MLB and NASCAR

Authentic Officially Licensed Merchandise

Posted Image

#5 rockysmom

rockysmom

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

If I was in a different time and place (and didn't already have many animals) I would take this dog. Just makes me sad.

These dogs are over the top smart, very protective and very, very loving and kind. Really. I'm on my third over a 30 year time span and I really cannot stress enough what great dogs they are. In fact, they best dog I've ever had was my first shepherd.

If you are a dog person I hope you'll consider this girl!

She is purebred for sure.

#6 hurstrsq

hurstrsq

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

If I was in a different time and place (and didn't already have many animals) I would take this dog. Just makes me sad.

These dogs are over the top smart, very protective and very, very loving and kind. Really. I'm on my third over a 30 year time span and I really cannot stress enough what great dogs they are. In fact, they best dog I've ever had was my first shepherd.

If you are a dog person I hope you'll consider this girl!

She is purebred for sure.

Everything you said describes her exactly. There is no charge for her and I hope someone can come soon, because I have a feeling my neighbor might change her mind again.

#7 Guest_jalaurain_*

Guest_jalaurain_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

OMGSH! she is beautiful! i have a 2yr old male white German Shepard. She looks sooo much like him! I am definitely interested but don't know if I can follow through 100%. I would love to take her home! My Aldo needs a playmate!

#8 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,564 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

What a pretty baby! :wub: Hope she can find a good home with people who will love and care for her like she should be.

I'm not bashing you at all, I'm so glad your trying to find a home for her. I just get so mad when people want to get rid of animals once they're out of that cute, baby stage.

There but for the grace of God, go I.

#9 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

I am going to talk to my husband again........we have 2 sheps and a mix.......love them! She's beautiful!
Posted Image
I may be a Yankee....but I am a NICE Yankee....and there are worse things I could be....right?[/size]

#10 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,564 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

OMGSH! she is beautiful! i have a 2yr old male white German Shepard. She looks sooo much like him! I am definitely interested but don't know if I can follow through 100%. I would love to take her home! My Aldo needs a playmate!

That would be perfect! Hope you can find a way to get her.

I am going to talk to my husband again........we have 2 sheps and a mix.......love them! She's beautiful!

Yay! :wub:

#11 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

My neighbor is looking for a home for their 1 year old white german shepherd. She purchased the dog for her daughter, but her daughter lost interest after the puppy stage.

She is not spayed and I do not think she has ever had any shots. My guess is she probably has worms too, but really don't know. She is good with other dogs and small children, but if she does not know you she will run up and bark a lot. She does well off leash, but is not trained in any way. Once she gets to know you she is a really good dog. She looks a little skinny to me, but it might be a good weight for her. I was told she is 'pure' but they don't know where the papers are for her.

She would need to be picked up during the day (while the kid is at school). The dog spends most of her time in a small crate because she kept escaping from her pen.

Hopefully someone can help her soon before my neighbor changes her mind.

PM me if you are interested. Please, no tire kickers and I don't have any other information than what I've posted.

She is a little dirty in the picture - when she is clean she is pure white.

I'm in north Paulding near the Bartow line.

I hate it this statement.
This dog LOVES her family!!
And now they are getting rid of her because they "they lost interest"!!
Well guess what!!??
The dog didn't "lose interest"!!!!
She loves them and now she's being discarded like yesterday's news!
I hate people!

Editing before I say anything worse.
:angry:

Edited by Blondiega1, 14 August 2012 - 09:47 PM.

• mrsdavidj6, jenilyn and A Gipper Girl like this

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#12 rockysmom

rockysmom

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

You and I have just got to met....we have at least two things in common. :D

I adore this breed, if you're a dog person there's a connect with these dogs, you talk to them like you're talking to a buddy and they actually look at you like they understand, don't ya think?

There's nothing like having a good dog. If you're into that kind of thing.

#13 A Gipper Girl

A Gipper Girl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

Beautiful baby. I would LOVE to have her but Im 4 1/2 hours away and cant be back in the metro til next month. Ive had a few shepherds and LOVE them. I have the perfect yard and home and a very well behaved female boxer who needs a friend. I hate that they dont want her.

Who is John Galt?

"The government was set to protect man from criminals, and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government." -Ayn Rand

#14 rockysmom

rockysmom

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

I hate it his statement.
This dog LOVES her family!!
And now they are getting rid of her because they "they lost interest"!!
Well guess what!!??
The dog didn't "lose interest"!!!!
She loves them and now she's being discarded like yesterday's news!
I hate people!

I hear you, but stuff happens and people end up with dogs that they don't care about. I hate it too, but it is a reality. Let's just find this pretty girl a good home.

But, at the same time, I get what you are saying. I have never given up an animal, and I've have lots and lots.
I hate it too Hun.
  • A Gipper Girl likes this

#15 dallasbrowneyes

dallasbrowneyes

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

She is an absoulutely beautiful doggie. I really hope NY Gal can take her. crossingfingers :wub:

#16 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

I hear you, but stuff happens and people end up with dogs that they don't care about. I hate it too, but it is a reality. Let's just find this pretty girl a good home.

But, at the same time, I get what you are saying. I have never given up an animal, and I've have lots and lots.
I hate it too Hun.

Really makes me cry!
I'm gonna change my opinion in the "what would you do if you won the lottery" thread.
I'd have a million if I had the room and the money to support them!
And they'd all be trained not to chase ducks!
  • A Gipper Girl likes this

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#17 rockysmom

rockysmom

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

Beautiful baby. I would LOVE to have her but Im 4 1/2 hours away and cant be back in the metro til next month. Ive had a few shepherds and LOVE them. I have the perfect yard and home and a very well behaved female boxer who needs a friend. I hate that they dont want her.

If you work it out, I'll deliver her to you.
  • jenilyn and A Gipper Girl like this

#18 A Gipper Girl

A Gipper Girl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

If you work it out, I'll deliver her to you.

Wow! Let me see what I can do. It is a real possibility! Ill let you know tomorrow asap!!! TYTYTY!!! Poor baby dog.

Who is John Galt?

"The government was set to protect man from criminals, and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government." -Ayn Rand

#19 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

Wow! Let me see what I can do. It is a real possibility! Ill let you know tomorrow asap!!! TYTYTY!!! Poor baby dog.

Fingers crossed!

#20 A Gipper Girl

A Gipper Girl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Fingers crossed!

Gonna make an appeal to Hubby tomorrow. He pretty much does whatever makes AGG happy though :pardon: . Pray Saints, PRAY! Id love to have this sweet girl.

Who is John Galt?

#21 hurstrsq

hurstrsq

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

I really hope you can take her. She is a really sweet dog. When the owner was out of town for 5 days last month she escaped from her pen (I think because of the fireworks) and spent the time outside; She was very timid the first day or two, but she warmed up quickly with some attention and ended up in my garage in the evenings when I was out there working on stuff. Now when they let her out in the evening she immediately runs over to our house if I'm outside. She had even gotten to the point of following me around on my riding mower. I don't see her as much anymore now that she is caged up most of the time.

Here is another pic.

Attached Thumbnails

• gsd1.JPG

#22 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,962 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

I would LOVE to see if she would fit into our family, and I have emailed with the OP.

But it's really tricky adding a new pet.

If nothing else, we might be able to foster until a suitable home is found.

However, if we agreed to foster and she fit, it might be hard to let her go...

But I'm willing to entertain that possibility. We'd need to get her vetted, so my own pets could be protected.

Let me know if I can help. I'm willing.

Edited by TabbyCat, 14 August 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#23 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

Really makes me cry!
I'm gonna change my opinion in the "what would you do if you won the lottery" thread.
I'd have a million if I had the room and the money to support them!
And they'd all be trained not to chase ducks!

Buddy wants to come over again,how is the gang doing?He had a great time was tuckered out for two days.:clapping:
Men are like carpets,the better you lay them the longer you can walk on them.

#24 Dr Nicole

Dr Nicole

Paulding Com member

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

so cute? why do you think he has worms?

Dr. Nicole Benge
678-744-4619

#25 ProudMawMawof5

ProudMawMawof5

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

Sent message!

#26 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

Buddy wants to come over again,how is the gang doing?He had a great time was tuckered out for two days.:clapping:

Everyone's good!
Haven't gotten together since its been so hot!
If we get a cooler weekend day, we'll get together!

#27 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,564 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

So does this pretty girl have a new home yet?

#28 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

So does this pretty girl have a new home yet?

Thats what I wanted to know?
Posted Image

#29 hurstrsq

hurstrsq

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Thats what I wanted to know?

Not yet. Sadly she is still locked in her small cage.

I'm just waiting to hear from the owner to get permission to take her.

I've got someone lined up to foster her, and if that doesn't work, it sounds like there are several others interested also. I appreciate everyone's help.

#30 GOOSE

GOOSE

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Not yet. Sadly she is still locked in her small cage.

I'm just waiting to hear from the owner to get permission to take her.

I've got someone lined up to foster her, and if that doesn't work, it sounds like there are several others interested also. I appreciate everyone's help.

I would love to have this dog. Send me a pm and i will give her a good home.

#31 starzplace

starzplace

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

THIS IS BREAKING MY HEART

#32 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,564 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

hurstrsq thank you so much for trying to help, I know that your the middleman in this and can only do so much. If the owner isn't working with you, which it seems like she's not, your hands are tied, I understand that.

What I don't understand is her reluctance since the dog obviously has no quality of life.

There are so many in this thread who have shown interest in her. People who could love her and give her the life she deserves.

Have you heard from the owner? Has she given you permission to take her yet?

Thanks for all you've done to help, hope she gets a good home due to your efforts!

THIS IS BREAKING MY HEART

Mine too! :(
  • Blondiega1, rockysmom and smb90 like this

#33 rockysmom

rockysmom

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

hurstrsq thank you so much for trying to help, I know that your the middleman in this and can only do so much. If the owner isn't working with you, which it seems like she's not, your hands are tied, I understand that.

What I don't understand is her reluctance since the dog obviously has no quality of life.

There are so many in this thread who have shown interest in her. People who could love her and give her the life she deserves.

Have you heard from the owner? Has she given you permission to take her yet?

Thanks for all you've done to help, hope she gets a good home due to your efforts!

Mine too! :(

Dana, not for nothing.....you are the best! :yahoo:

#34 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,564 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

Dana, not for nothing.....you are the best! :yahoo:

Thanks, back at ya! :wub:

#35 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

I so pray this baby finds a good home!

#36 hurstrsq

hurstrsq

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

I really appreciate everyone's help. It looks like once again the owner has decided to hold on to the dog. This is the second time in 6 months this has happened. At least now I've got a small network of folks that can, at a minimum, foster her in the event I can get my neighbor to turn her over to me. If she does this again, I might be contacting some of you just to get her a place to stay for a couple of days until I can find a long term solution.

I'm going to try to talk to her again this weekend. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks!
  • Dana likes this

#37 Dana

Dana

PEACE

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,564 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

I really appreciate everyone's help. It looks like once again the owner has decided to hold on to the dog. This is the second time in 6 months this has happened. At least now I've got a small network of folks that can, at a minimum, foster her in the event I can get my neighbor to turn her over to me. If she does this again, I might be contacting some of you just to get her a place to stay for a couple of days until I can find a long term solution.

I'm going to try to talk to her again this weekend. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks!

Thanks for not giving up, this lady makes me so damn angry, how selfish can one be? Again, not upset with you.
Please keep trying, your doing a good thing, don't give up on her. :) Your awesome for trying to get her re-homed, a lot of people wouldn't want to bother with it.

Thanks for keeping us posted.
  • ohmygosh likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics