27 replies to this topic

#1 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,357 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

I just renewed my car tag thru the mail since I am currently out of state. I just got it in the mail and instead of sending me a sticker to put on my old license plate they sent me a new one. Did everyone get a new tag this year? I like the old one better and it blended and kinda looks like the MD tag. This one makes me stick out. Of course with the large military community there are many out of state tags in the area...but still.
Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

#2 barrycdog

barrycdog

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

Handicapped will not be able to get one of the new tags
"Let every dog wag his own tail." James Addison McMurtrey, Company B, 9th Georgia Battalion Artillery

#3 Shananigans

Shananigans

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

I renewed in may and just got a decal.

#4 barrycdog

barrycdog

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

You also should be able to get IN GOD WE TRUST sticker for free
"Let every dog wag his own tail." James Addison McMurtrey, Company B, 9th Georgia Battalion Artillery

#5 NC-17

NC-17

loud pipes save lives

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

I just renewed my car tag thru the mail since I am currently out of state. I just got it in the mail and instead of sending me a sticker to put on my old license plate they sent me a new one. Did everyone get a new tag this year? I like the old one better and it blended and kinda looks like the MD tag. This one makes me stick out. Of course with the large military community there are many out of state tags in the area...but still.

um, if ya wanted to 'blend in' why didn't you register it in MD?
  • Paulding Yankee likes this

#6 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,442 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

yes i got my tag the other day and the plate
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#7 GGinGA

GGinGA

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

I don't like the new tags. The "peaches" in the corner look like pumpkins and the whole thing looks like a fall scene. I also don't like that the numbers are flat and not raised up. They look cheap.
"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

If stress burned calories, I'd be a supermodel.

The Water Giver: "Motherhood is about raising and celebrating the child you have, not the child you thought you'd have. It's about understanding he's exactly the person he's supposed to be. And if you're lucky, he might be the teacher who turns you into the person you're supposed to be."

#8 Lucky64

Lucky64

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

I renewed in May and just got the stickers. I renewed my son's car last week and only got the stickers.

#9 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,193 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

I don't like the new tags either and will get stickers if I can keep my old tags.

#10 crizzle

crizzle

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

My understanding is if the old plate is 5 years or older it is replaced with a new plate. if not you only get stickers.

#11 Wineguy

Wineguy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

The new tags became available June 1st. All new tags from June forward will be the new colorful tags.

Follow me on TWITTER: @Wayner83

#12 raclay

raclay

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

I renewed last month and only got a decal. it was a relief too, because I really don't like the new tags, they look like they are made of paper since the numbers are flat.

So you're not from the South, that's okay, you got here as fast as you could.

#13 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,357 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

um, if ya wanted to 'blend in' why didn't you register it in MD?

AHHH because I am here because of the military and don't consider myself a resident. :blink:
Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

#14 NC-17

NC-17

loud pipes save lives

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

AHHH because I am here because of the military and don't consider myself a resident. :blink:

you just want to *look* like one? :huh:

#15 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,357 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

yes i got my tag the other day and the plate

Isn't this just a waste of tax payer $$$$ I didn't need a new plate...Not to mention it costs more $$$ to mail it to me. :blink:

you just want to *look* like one? :huh:

:blink:

The new tags became available June 1st. All new tags from June forward will be the new colorful tags.

Thank you.
Posted Image

#16 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,616 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

I don't like the new tags. The "peaches" in the corner look like pumpkins and the whole thing looks like a fall scene. I also don't like that the numbers are flat and not raised up. They look cheap.

They do look cheap.

Edited by Happy Wife And Mom, 12 July 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#17 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,357 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

My understanding is if the old plate is 5 years or older it is replaced with a new plate. if not you only get stickers.

It is a 2003 so yes it is more than 5 years old. When I go back to GA I am def getting a smaller car that gets better gas mileage.

I agree I don't like it either...It also came with the sticker attached to it...UHHHHH
Posted Image

#18 Caped Crusader

Caped Crusader

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,390 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

Take a can of FLAT Black spray paint and lightly mist the tag.

It will look old and dingy. ;)
To Err is Human, To Forgive is DIVINE

Hey Look...Posted Image

Posted Image

"CLICK" Here To Start Saving On ALL Of Your Insurance Needs!
Or Call: 770-947-3560 and Start Saving $$$$$ Today!

#19 Far West

Far West

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

OMG... I just told my husband exactly that on Sunday!

Three weeks ago he did not believe me that everyone was getting a new license plate... I was quacking about what the cost must be. So, Sunday he said, “You were right everyone is getting a new plate!”

I’d much rather we.... oh.... I don't know... keep more police, pay off a bond, fund a Park… instead of giving out new plates. :wacko:

Other states I lived in had several license plates based on when the car was registered.

The really old ones were almost a status symbol. It’s not like the GA plates are all the same now, with all the special tags anyway! No need to start all over again... just give the new plates to cars that are newly registered!!!????

When a Society subsidizes poverty and failure it only gets more of Both! ~ James Davidson

Some minds are like concrete. Thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.

#20 Wineguy

Wineguy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Here are the choices we had for a new plate. The citizens of GA voted on it. I know I voted for them at each stage of the process. I dont know why or the cost of the new tags, but I guess in my superficial views, I love when the new tags come out.

Our Choices

#21 blessedmom

blessedmom

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

I was told today when I renewed the only way you receive a new tag is if you have the old Georgia tag. Have no idea which one that is. They said as long as you have the Georgia on my mind plate you will not get a new one.

#22 Georgia Dawg

Georgia Dawg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

The new FLAT tags are cheaper to manufacturer.

Posted Image

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.

It is a sign that the U.S. Government can't pay its own bills.

It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies…

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

Senator Barack Obama

#23 sungoddess

sungoddess

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

I was told today when I renewed the only way you receive a new tag is if you have the old Georgia tag. Have no idea which one that is. They said as long as you have the Georgia on my mind plate you will not get a new one.

I renewed my tags this week also, and the clerk told me the same thing. You only get a new tag if your tag is old (how old I am not sure).... :unsure:

#24 elliesgranny

elliesgranny

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

We have to renew both of ours in August and I hope we can just get stickers. Those new tags are ugly as a mud-splattered fence!!!

#25 MsGaStorm

MsGaStorm

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

I believe mine is at least 5 years old but it is a personalized plate. Will I receive a new one when I go next week? My husband received a new one but his isn't personalized. His wasn't personalized before he received the new one.

Edited by MsGaStorm, 12 July 2012 - 06:38 PM.

"Either fate IS funny or God has a FANTASTIC sense of humor!!" - Me

"We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be." - Angel

#26 Caped Crusader

Caped Crusader

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,390 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

I believe mine is at least 5 years old but it is a personalized plate. Will I receive a new one when I go next week? My husband received a new one but his isn't personalized. His wasn't personalized before he received the new one.

My vanity plate is old style and I got a sticker.

Keep us posted. :)
To Err is Human, To Forgive is DIVINE

Hey Look...Posted Image

Posted Image

"CLICK" Here To Start Saving On ALL Of Your Insurance Needs!
Or Call: 770-947-3560 and Start Saving $$$$$ Today!

#27 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,616 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

The new FLAT tags are cheaper to manufacturer.

So are they cheaper for us?

#28 Wineguy

Wineguy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

I just found this information online.

"New license plates became available
beginning Monday, May 7, 2012. Any
license plate issued prior to December 1,
2003 and having the plate heading
“Georgia…on my mind”, is to be replaced
at the time of registration renewal, or
when a vehicle registered in Georgia for
the first time at the county tag office.
Registered vehicle owners having a license
plate issued after December 1, 2003 and
having the plate heading
“www.Georgia.gov” including any vanity,
prestige, veteran, college or university, or
any other specialty license plate will be
replaced beginning May of 2013. "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics