8 replies to this topic

#1 extrablue

extrablue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

I would like to offer volunteer help - driving, light cleaning inside or out, prepare meals, or any tasks an elderly person or couple may just need help with. I have the time and the heart - in honor of elderly parents and missed grandparents!
  • katied, Rookie, rockysmom and 1 other like this

#2 mysterious

mysterious

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

I would like to offer volunteer help - driving, light cleaning inside or out, prepare meals, or any tasks an elderly person or couple may just need help with. I have the time and the heart - in honor of elderly parents and missed grandparents!

You just made my day....how very sweet of you.:wub:
ALL THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD.

#3 The Postman

The Postman

Walking Tall

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,482 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

You just made my day....how very sweet of you.:wub:

I agree! :wub:
"The rich alone use imported articles, and on these alone the whole taxes of the General Government are levied. ... Our revenues liberated by the discharge of the public debt, and its surplus applied to canals, roads, schools, etc., the farmer will see his government supported, his children educated, and the face of his country made a paradise by the contributions of the rich alone, without his being called on to spend a cent from his earnings." ~ The Chief Author of our Declaration of Independence

#4 Mrs G

Mrs G

Super Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 10,665 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

That is very sweet and considerate of you to offer your asistance. You don't find people like you as much now, as in the past. :yahoo:

Another paying it forward, feel good story!!
Do unto others, as you'd have others do unto you!

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly and Leave The Rest To God.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does!!

Helping a Neighbor in need, is a Blessing, indeed!!! 04/25/2013

#5 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 20,889 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

I hope someone takes you up on this wonderful offer!
GOOD FOR YOU!
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#6 Horsepower

Horsepower

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

So sweet of you! I would suggest you post an ad at the Paulding Senior Center.
WHEN LIFE GETS ROUGH.....RIDE IT OUT.

Posted Image

#7 NC-17

NC-17

loud pipes save lives

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Twice a month I go up to Shannon Ga to visit the great aunt of a dear friend who has moved from the area.
I take her groceries, change her bedding, now her lawn, and spend about an hour visiting with her.
Although she's no relation to me, I love her like a grandmother and cherish my Sundays with her.
I sincerely hope that the OP can find someone to not only volunteer for, but grow to love as well. :wub:

#8 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Someone, not to long ago (I think it may have been Gippergirl?), was looking for someone to help her elderly father. Perhaps you could pm her...
"When life throws you lemons, make lemonade"

#9 Mariposa

Mariposa

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

CAYA Ministries in Dallas, supported by several churches and christian groups, may have names of people in need of that type of help. I don't have a phone number but I can msg you a link if you're interested. They've been making and delivering lunches to needy children and have come across some older people who need some help.

Helping Hands in Dallas and/or the Senior Citizen Center may also know of some folks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics