31 replies to this topic

#1 Lucky64

Lucky64

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

GRANT,TONY LEE 3/22/2012 Active Inmate MURDER; FELONY MURDER / 1 / $0.00 / HELD FOR PROSECUTION
AGGRAVATED ASSAULT / 1 / $0.00 / HELD FOR PROSECUTION

#2 InLA

InLA

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

I'm guessing this has to do with the shooting off of Macland day before last?

#3 really gone from here

really gone from here

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,372 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

Did the media or SO announce who the victim is? Such a young man, my son's age.
*Signature Edited for Content not in Accordance with the PCOM Rules

edited by Deputy Rafe Hollister

#4 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 26,671 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

Did the media or SO announce who the victim is? Such a young man, my son's age.

We have not gotten anymore press releases yet. If this is related all the news agencies will get a press release emailed to them at the same time.
  • really gone from here likes this

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#5 kidsrock

kidsrock

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hmmmm, I don't know, it say's active inmate murder. Sounds like they were in jail and murdered!
Peace and Love

#6 InLA

InLA

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hmmmm, I don't know, it say's active inmate murder. Sounds like they were in jail and murdered!

No, that means he is an "active inmate" charged with Murder. Meaning he is still in the jail, bond has not been set.

#7 drosser

drosser

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

That goodness that he was arrested!! I'd like to know more about what happened and who the victim was. So sad and senseless.

#8 odoyal rules

odoyal rules

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

GRANT,TONY LEE 3/22/2012 Active Inmate MURDER; FELONY MURDER / 1 / $0.00 / HELD FOR PROSECUTION
AGGRAVATED ASSAULT / 1 / $0.00 / HELD FOR PROSECUTION

Where did you find this?

#9 hurstrsq

hurstrsq

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

Where did you find this?

http://inmate.pauldi...iry/default.asp

Search the 22nd

#10 SOLO

SOLO

I Have Flying monkeys and Will Use Them

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,767 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

We have not gotten anymore press releases yet. If this is related all the news agencies will get a press release emailed to them at the same time.

Sad to think they so called "News " people sit around and wait for an email to find out what is happening.
  • MeWhoElse likes this
Posted Image
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it Just pee on it and walk away.

s.l.u.t
Stressed-out Ladies Unwinding Together

"People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life like loving everybody all the time and being nice.....dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long

#11 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 26,671 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

Sad to think they so called "News " people sit around and wait for an email to find out what is happening.

Your welcome to go up there and sit on top of them until they release the info.
They are not going to release it one minute faster to anyone for sitting on top of them.
They release it when they release it.

El Zorro

As far as releasing my name here, it's not going to happen.  There have been people here who found someone's given name and then found where they worked and made things difficult for them - all because they didn't like them here because of their political opinions.

#12 Curious Scorpio

Curious Scorpio

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

http://www.11alive.c...-shooting-death

From Channel 2
"Believe in Nothing, No matter where you read it, or who has said it - not even if I have said it - unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." --The Buddha

Don't be so heavenly minded that you are no earthly good. -- Feelip

#13 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,522 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

Actually, we have been talking with the SO and they've requested a little breathing time out of the headlines to allow the investigators to work on some specific leads.

I actually do know the name of the victim - we already know his age - and as Lucky 64 noted, (we have the same access as those folks who sell the magazine), we know the name of the prime suspect who has been arrested on the charge of murder.

So, do we play it up, and possibly cost the SO a better case or do we satisfy the common curiosity that just wants to know ... even though it won't bring the victim back and it might get the perp out?

In the scheme of things, frankly, the public safety and tranquility is better served by what we're doing than the alternative.

pubby

#14 Starr & Dru's Nana

Starr & Dru's Nana

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,215 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Actually, we have been talking with the SO and they've requested a little breathing time out of the headlines to allow the investigators to work on some specific leads.

I actually do know the name of the victim - we already know his age - and as Lucky 64 noted, (we have the same access as those folks who sell the magazine), we know the name of the prime suspect who has been arrested on the charge of murder.

So, do we play it up, and possibly cost the SO a better case or do we satisfy the common curiosity that just wants to know ... even though it won't bring the victim back and it might get the perp out?

In the scheme of things, frankly, the public safety and tranquility is better served by what we're doing than the alternative.

pubby

In loving memory of Mason (December 1, 2001 to December 9, 2001) and Ashley  Jr. (December 1, 2001 to December 2, 2001

n7C4m5.png

KBZ8m5.png

#15 Lucky64

Lucky64

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

My whole point in posting this is for the simple fact there was another murder in our county.

Prayers to the family that lost a loved one!

#16 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 26,671 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

My whole point in posting this is for the simple fact there was another murder in our county.

Prayers to the family that lost a loved one!

You are right Lucky it is not Mayberry anymore, drugs and alcohol are at the bottom of almost all of it.
Not saying for sure in this case, but look at that weekly magazine. :(

El Zorro

#17 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,522 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

Lucky:

Just to clarify, I don't think there was another murder ... I do believe it is the murder on Macland Rd.

pubby

#18 Lucky64

Lucky64

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

Lucky:

Just to clarify, I don't think there was another murder ... I do believe it is the murder on Macland Rd.

pubby

Pubby, I'm talking over all, there is another murder here in our county. How many is that now in the last 3 years?

#19 hurstrsq

hurstrsq

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

Pubby, I'm talking over all, there is another murder here in our county. How many is that now in the last 3 years?

From what I remember, non were random acts of violence. I could be wrong though.

Has a lot to do with who you hang out with and what activities you are involved with.
  • InLA likes this

#20 InLA

InLA

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:09 AM

From what I remember, non were random acts of violence. I could be wrong though.

Has a lot to do with who you hang out with and what activities you are involved with.

Couldn't agree more. I still feel safer out here in paulding county than just about anywhere else ive ever lived. Of course that's coming from someone who lived in Memphis for a while :)

#21 Mr. October

Mr. October

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

Yes, but those people and those activities are more prevalent now.
"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. " Vince Lombardi

#22 NC-17

NC-17

loud pipes save lives

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Yes, but those people and those activities are more prevalent now.

If you lie down with dogs.....

#23 Beats Working

Beats Working

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

Well, statistically, most murders involve people who know each other, so I would lean towards the latter. I believe it's the activities one is involved in that constitutes the greater variable increasing the likelihood that some bad cheeze may go down. :unsure:

Sometimes in our senior years the first things to go are bladder control and the filter on our political bent.

Stop bringing current political and social events into my insular little world. You're harshing my escapism mellow.

#24 SOLO

SOLO

I Have Flying monkeys and Will Use Them

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,767 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Your welcome to go up there and sit on top of them until they release the info.
They are not going to release it one minute faster to anyone for sitting on top of them.
They release it when they release it.

I never made any claims of being or running a "news " reporter
Posted Image
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it Just pee on it and walk away.

s.l.u.t
Stressed-out Ladies Unwinding Together

"People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life like loving everybody all the time and being nice.....dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long

#25 Nice Green

Nice Green

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

Can't believe no one's shared this news:
Arrest Made in Macland Road Murder Case: http://dallas-hiram....oad-murder-case

#26 really gone from here

really gone from here

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,372 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

Can't believe no one's shared this news:
Arrest Made in Macland Road Murder Case: http://dallas-hiram....oad-murder-case

I answered in the other thread.

They are too busy convicting Mr Zimmerman in Florida.... :rofl:
  • mrshoward likes this

#27 BoXeR LoVeR FoR SuRE

BoXeR LoVeR FoR SuRE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

We live past roses store towards Buchanan and just a month ago our neighbor behind us a 80 year old sweet man was murdered in his home they killed him over 2000 dollars of cash and guns, tied the poor man up and beat him and then shot him;( ( I was in a bad wreck on Buchanan that exact night and was life flighted to Atlanta but they used our gate to get to his house;( make me wonder what goes through peoples head and what's makes them
Think that way? He was a sweet man ;(

This world is getting bad ;(

#28 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,505 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

This was on the news this morning...
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#29 really gone from here

really gone from here

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,372 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

We live past roses store towards Buchanan and just a month ago our neighbor behind us a 80 year old sweet man was murdered in his home they killed him over 2000 dollars of cash and guns, tied the poor man up and beat him and then shot him;( ( I was in a bad wreck on Buchanan that exact night and was life flighted to Atlanta but they used our gate to get to his house;( make me wonder what goes through peoples head and what's makes them
Think that way? He was a sweet man ;(

This world is getting bad ;(

PM Sent

#30 Lucky64

Lucky64

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

That's right, I'm in another thread convicting Zimmerman. No one else, just me.

#31 really gone from here

really gone from here

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,372 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

That's right, I'm in another thread convicting Zimmerman. No one else, just me.

I said "They". Have a nice day and enjoy the beautiful weather. :hi:

#32 Lucky64

Lucky64

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

I said "They". Have a nice day and enjoy the beautiful weather. :hi:

:drinks: