15 replies to this topic

#1 Mariposa

Mariposa

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

Am I the only one that wants to smack the little girl in the ATT Uverse Commercial that busts on the cable guy visiting her class? I remember growing up and kids like her being "bad kids" like Nelly Olsen from LHOTP, or a couple of the kids from the old Willy Wonka movie. In my day, those kind of smartypants kids got what was coming to them, but in that commercial, she is not portrayed in a bad light at all. Whether right or not, she should not talk to adults that way or embarrass a guest to the classroom. I know it is JUST a commercial, but it is a commercial that is ALWAYS on and does send a sad commentary on what is accepted in our society.

I know its just a commercial meant for humor, but it annoys the heck out of me. Just another reason for me to hate AT&T.
  • Riograce, Luvs2Read, momof 3 and 2 others like this

#2 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,029 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

I can't stand any AT&T commercials.....and that little girl learned how to be snarky from her mom! LOL
  • Mariposa likes this

#3 BACONFMLY03

BACONFMLY03

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

nope I think the same thing too. Makes me wanna smack her...lol
  • Greatma likes this

#4 kvncrdn

kvncrdn

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

OMG I thought I was the only one. The faces she makes kill me. I cant watch it, I just turn it.

#5 Marteen-J

Marteen-J

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Am I the only one that wants to smack the little girl in the ATT Uverse Commercial that busts on the cable guy visiting her class? I remember growing up and kids like her being "bad kids" like Nelly Olsen from LHOTP, or a couple of the kids from the old Willy Wonka movie. In my day, those kind of smartypants kids got what was coming to them, but in that commercial, she is not portrayed in a bad light at all. Whether right or not, she should not talk to adults that way or embarrass a guest to the classroom. I know it is JUST a commercial, but it is a commercial that is ALWAYS on and does send a sad commentary on what is accepted in our society.

I know its just a commercial meant for humor, but it annoys the heck out of me. Just another reason for me to hate AT&T.

and that is the psychology part of the issue, adults see it as humor -- children that watch it learn that it is ok to: disrespect adults, the teacher is always right, little boys fall in love with the teacher, etc...

#6 Starr & Dru's Nana

Starr & Dru's Nana

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,956 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

Nope, you're not the only one who wants to smack that kid. :rofl: And I don't care who the commercial is for, I find it distasteful and believe it sends a terrible message.

In loving memory of Mason (December 1, 2001 to December 9, 2001) and Ashley  Jr. (December 1, 2001 to December 2, 2001

n7C4m5.png

KBZ8m5.png

#7 grumps

grumps

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

That commercial and others where either one or both parents are made to appear as blithering dummies to their children. They get me teed off.
. The one more realistic to me is where the two young yoyos are stnding in front of freezer and can"t locate the snacks one foot in front of their face without calling mommy.
  • Starr & Dru's Nana and gog8tors like this

#8 Starr & Dru's Nana

Starr & Dru's Nana

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,956 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

Husbands in training. :rofl:

That commercial and others where either one or both parents are made to appear as blithering dummies to their children. They get me teed off.
. The one more realistic to me is where the two young yoyos are stnding in front of freezer and can"t locate the snacks one foot in front of their face without calling mommy.

In loving memory of Mason (December 1, 2001 to December 9, 2001) and Ashley  Jr. (December 1, 2001 to December 2, 2001

n7C4m5.png

KBZ8m5.png

#9 The General

The General

Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

I can't stand any AT&T commercials.....and that little girl learned how to be snarky from her mom! LOL

I think that is called ACTING, someone gave her some lines to learn and she did.

#10 Whoa Willie

Whoa Willie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

Lol the first time I saw it I said "weeeell,,, your moms a w#or3" :ninja:
  • RhondaW likes this
\_(ツ)_/

#11 lowrider

lowrider

QUEASY RIDER

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,029 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

I think that is called ACTING, someone gave her some lines to learn and she did.

Duh.

She's a pretend student looking at the pretend cable guy mimicking her pretend snarky mom.

Just sayin'. Kids learn what they see.

Especially from commercials.

#12 gog8tors

gog8tors

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,193 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

The portrayal of bad behavior is becoming common place. TV programming and commercials do effect our children. Right here in this forum there are numerous examples of this. Some say oh "it's only acting," yes you would be correct, with the exception that because it is accepted by some parents you will see kids "acting " the same way.

#13 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,459 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

I H-A-T-E that commercial and that kid. Are we supposed to think shes cute? She's just rude and needs a spanking.

#14 oscarmeyer

oscarmeyer

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

I soooo want to smack her!!!

Duh.

She's a pretend student looking at the pretend cable guy mimicking her pretend snarky mom.

Just sayin'. Kids learn what they see.

Especially from commercials.

:good: :good:

#15 BooRadley

BooRadley

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

The one more realistic to me is where the two young yoyos are stnding in front of freezer and can"t locate the snacks one foot in front of their face without calling mommy.

I like the one (QT, I think) where the daughter comes downstairs in various stages of trashy and undress and dad keeps sending her back upstairs to change clothes. She finally comes down looking presentable....until he sees the words "Ka-Pow" bedazzled across her backside and sends her back upstairs.
  • Riograce likes this
The user formerly known as scoutfinch.

#16 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

I like the one (QT, I think) where the daughter comes downstairs in various stages of trashy and undress and dad keeps sending her back upstairs to change clothes. She finally comes down looking presentable....until he sees the words "Ka-Pow" bedazzled across her backside and sends her back upstairs.

I like that commercial too. I haven't paid attention to the AT&T commercial but it sounds like Bart Simpson to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics