8 replies to this topic

#1 champsbbcoach

champsbbcoach

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

Heard on the news tonight that the school district in Raiford, N C is fining a mom for sending her child to school with a healthy, brown bagged lunch. Seems the mom sent her child a turkey sandwich, a banana, an apple, a bag of chips and fruit juice. The school was serving fried chicken nuggets and they're fining her for not allowing her child to get what the school determines to be a healthy meal. I tried to find this on scopes but was unable to so I'm not absolutely positive about the truth in the story. But, if this story is true, what a bunch of crap this is. Only from government schools can something this benine and totally stupid happen.

#2 rockysmom

rockysmom

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,012 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

What news show did you see this on? Reason I'm asking is because according to my atlas, there is no Raiford, NC.
Buy American! We are all in this together so BUY AMERICAN!!!

A caring, thoughtful, beautiful mind creates it's own blue sky.

#3 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,734 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

Eric Ericson was just talking about it on 750am (WSB).

#4 rockysmom

rockysmom

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,012 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Eric Ericson was just talking about it on 750am (WSB).

Ahhhh, that explains it. :D

#5 A Gipper Girl

A Gipper Girl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

Heard on the news tonight that the school district in Raiford, N C is fining a mom for sending her child to school with a healthy, brown bagged lunch. Seems the mom sent her child a turkey sandwich, a banana, an apple, a bag of chips and fruit juice. The school was serving fried chicken nuggets and they're fining her for not allowing her child to get what the school determines to be a healthy meal. I tried to find this on scopes but was unable to so I'm not absolutely positive about the truth in the story. But, if this story is true, what a bunch of crap this is. Only from government schools can something this benine and totally stupid happen.

I'll say what I say SOOOOO often....common sense and parental control is LONG GONE in government school.
Do you trust the government with your money or anything else for that matter? Why give them your kids?

If it CAN be messed up, overspent, wasted, slowed down, complicated,dumbed down, bankrupted, confused, etc., Uncle Sam can certainly do it everytime.

• Tired of Bovine Excrement and NewsJunky like this

Who is John Galt?

"The government was set to protect man from criminals, and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government." -Ayn Rand

#6 MrsB

MrsB

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,831 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

It's misspelled. It's Raeford, NC.

http://myfox8.com/20...-wasnt-healthy/
"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." ~ Dolly Parton

Posted Image

#7 rockysmom

rockysmom

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,012 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

It's misspelled. It's Raeford, NC.

http://myfox8.com/20...-wasnt-healthy/

Thanks. Glad we got that cleared up.

#8 2witty4u

2witty4u

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

Did you try snopes? :wacko: :wacko:
  • 2witty4u likes this

#9 2witty4u

2witty4u

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

I know we're not suppose to do this, but being that I attended a government school, I don't know any better. It's benign. :blush:
  • TJB likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics