11 replies to this topic

#1 2witty4u

2witty4u

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

My thoughts and prayers goes out to those involved in that accident earlier this evening on Ridge Road. Both vehicles were smashed in pretty bad, looked like it may have been head on collision, it looked really bad. They were rerouting traffic.

#2 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

My thoughts and prayers goes out to those involved in that accident earlier this evening on Ridge Road. Both vehicles were smashed in pretty bad, looked like it may have been head on collision, it looked really bad. They were rerouting traffic.

Yikes- My daughter was headed that way. Time? Details?
Posted Image
I may be a Yankee....but I am a NICE Yankee....and there are worse things I could be....right?[/size]

There are no strangers, just friends we haven't met yet!"

Colleen Ann Deloughery 6/4/60-9/11/01

#3 2witty4u

2witty4u

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

Yikes- My daughter was headed that way. Time? Details?

Late model ford pick up truck navy, and a silver car, couldnt tell what make. It was around 7:30ish.

Edited by 2witty4u, 03 February 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#4 GeorgiaTornado

GeorgiaTornado

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,080 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

it was at Ridge and Denton Rd.

#5 bkhsgirl

bkhsgirl

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

my kids said the other car was a dark colored mini van. they think they said it was bad.after reading this my son said what he thought was a mini van could have been the truck. he said that the cars were too bad crushed to tell. prayers sent for all involved.

Edited by bkhsgirl, 03 February 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#6 Flour Child Cakery

Flour Child Cakery

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

OH NO! Prayers to all involved. That is awful. I was at the bakery from 11am until almost 1am and didn't hear anything. I hope and pray no one was badly hurt or worse. :o(

Flour Child Cakery & Bake Shop

6129 Ridge Road

Hiram, GA

404-936-9789

#7 2witty4u

2witty4u

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

my kids said the other car was a dark colored mini van. they think they said it was bad.after reading this my son said what he thought was a mini van could have been the truck. he said that the cars were too bad crushed to tell. prayers sent for all involved.

They were crushed pretty bad, it looked they had been placed in a trash compactor. Somebody had to be going really fast to cause those vehicles to be crushed like that.

#8 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

I did not hear all of it, but there was an entrapment and they were trying to extricate. Got busy and didn't hear anything else.

#9 ivylove

ivylove

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

Saying a prayer for those involved.
Posted Image
Rise above the madness!

************* ONE (1) Death************ WORLDWIDE (Monorail)
vs
In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents (in the US.) There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents.
In 2002, there were an estimated 6,316,000 car accidents in the USA. There were about 2.9 million injuries and 42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002.
etc............ect............ect..............ect...............

Automobiles and their use are responsible for more pollution and other environmental destruction, including the largest share of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, than any other human pursuit in the world. Cars also cause 40,000 human and 400,000,000 animal deaths every year in the US. Cars lead to suburban growth (= natural habitat destruction) and social isolation.

#10 footballbeerchic

footballbeerchic

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,275 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

I live right passed this area. Everyone flies down Ridge, even in the mornings, through the school zone. You literally risk your life turning left out of Austin middle school. I wish we could get a police presence every morning, I know we may not have enough resources, but dang, think of all the revenue!
  • 2busy4? likes this
I have a gun, bag, shovel & 10 acres. No one will miss you.

So who are you to wave your finger?
Who are you to wave your fatty fingers at me?
You must have been out your mind

#11 girlsmom

girlsmom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

My understanding is speed wasn't a factor but a car turning in front of the truck was

#12 Nitro

Nitro

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

...I wish we could get a police presence every morning, I know we may not have enough resources, but dang, think of all the revenue!

Have you called or filled out a request to have the Sheriff's department look at this area?

If not, go Here and fill out the form.

This will alert the Lieutenant that is over the traffic units that this area needs to be patrolled.

Edited by Nitro, 04 February 2012 - 10:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics