16 replies to this topic

#1 petshopboys

petshopboys

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

What is the new Sunday alcohol sales law? Its more confusing now due to how a** backwards the government is. Why can I only buy in certain cities versus the entire county?

#2 2busy4?

2busy4?

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

Because only the city of Hiram put it on the ballot. Dallas declined to do so & the rest of the county didn't have an election when Hiram & Dallas did.

I'm not sure if the county is going to put it on the ballot during the next election or not. Last night the news said that Cobb & a couple other counties were putting it to a vote in March.
Keep your heart pure, your mind open, and your gun loaded.

-- Hetty, NCIS LA

I have 452 Facebook Friends... I know some of them.

-- One of My FB friends (I know this one!!!)

#3 MrsB

MrsB

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

You can buy it in Hiram after 12:30. I bought some at Target Sunday.
"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." ~ Dolly Parton

Posted Image

#4 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,432 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

Because only the city of Hiram put it on the ballot. Dallas declined to do so & the rest of the county didn't have an election when Hiram & Dallas did.

It wouldn't matter if the county had an election or not since you can only buy within the city limits.

#5 WhiteWitch369

WhiteWitch369

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

i kinda wondered why the lights were off at the publix in new hope myself...thanks for clarifying. I wasnt looking to buy alcohol at the time but was curious anyways since the liquor store has a sign saying they are open on sundays now. I guess im just accustomed to making sure its in the house by sat if i want a drink on sunday.
FORGET FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH....what the world needs is a FOUNTAIN OF SMART!!!!
Some people are just like slinkies....completely good for nothing but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

#6 petshopboys

petshopboys

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

There shouldn't be city laws, seems like a pety waste of time. The whole thing is a pety waste of time. Making something illegal 1 day of the week is nuts.

#7 HiPlainsDrifter

HiPlainsDrifter

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

So now that the hurdle has been jumped in the capital I suppose city and county governments around the state will delay delay and delay putting this decision to sell a legal product to the voters on the ballot. With all of the elections in the coming year there is no excuse for placing it on the ballot.

#8 JYD

JYD

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

Paulding county and the city of Dallas are always the last to do anything. I expect the Town of Braswell to have it before PC or Dallas.

#9 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

It is very simple....the state legislators put the decision in the hands of each local jurisdiction with a stipulation it would not be decided in a special election.

Cities were the first who had the opportunity to bring it to a vote because elections were already scheduled for city wide positions last fall. The unincorporated areas do not have an election scheduled until later this year so the first opportunity for those out of the city limits to vote on the matter will be then.

It is not some great conspiracy, it just has not been voted on.
  • crizzle likes this

#10 MrsB

MrsB

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

I think he was referring to the fact that city of Dallas also had an election, but it was not in the ballot.
"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." ~ Dolly Parton

Posted Image

#11 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,432 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

The unincorporated areas do not have an election scheduled until later this year so the first opportunity for those out of the city limits to vote on the matter will be then.

It is not some great conspiracy, it just has not been voted on.

The unincorporated areas or Paulding County do not have liquor sales anyway, you have to be inside the city limits. That was what we learned when we tried to open a liquor store @ Crossroads 5 years ago.

#12 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

The unincorporated areas or Paulding County do not have liquor sales anyway, you have to be inside the city limits. That was what we learned when we tried to open a liquor store @ Crossroads 5 years ago.

....but they do have beer and wine in numerous locations.

Edited by Ugadawgs98, 17 January 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#13 dapandlap

dapandlap

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

I noticed several folks walking out of the Acworth WalMart with beer in hand this past Sunday while waitng in the car for the wife. :drinks:

#14 Starr & Dru's Nana

Starr & Dru's Nana

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,940 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

You think Paulding is bass ackwards on this? I just got back from a trip to Florida where in the county we were staying in you can buy beer and wine any day of the week and have been able to for years, including Sunday, but until very recently you couldn't buy liquor ANY day of the week. This was actually the first trip we have seen "liquor" available down there other than by-the-drink at a restaurant or bar.

There shouldn't be city laws, seems like a pety waste of time. The whole thing is a pety waste of time. Making something illegal 1 day of the week is nuts.

In loving memory of Mason (December 1, 2001 to December 9, 2001) and Ashley  Jr. (December 1, 2001 to December 2, 2001

n7C4m5.png

KBZ8m5.png

#15 Wineguy

Wineguy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

Who do we talk to about getting that law changed. I have been telling my wife for a year or two that we needed some form of package store at Crossroads.

Follow me on TWITTER: @Wayner83

#16 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,432 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

Who do we talk to about getting that law changed. I have been telling my wife for a year or two that we needed some form of package store at Crossroads.

I'm not sure. Seems a shame to give the tax dollars to Cobb County.

#17 HiPlainsDrifter

HiPlainsDrifter

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

I think he was referring to the fact that city of Dallas also had an election, but it was not in the ballot.

Exactly. I knew from the start that money would not be spent for one issue to be voted on. But you know there are elections coming and have passed, there will be no excuse. It's time for the anti's to realize that they lost in the capital and put it to vote. I haven't witness wife beatings and increased gay activity as of yet around Hiram from Sunday alcohol sales that have taken place. It's time to move forward.

As far as alcohol sales on other states when traveling. My wife and I had just about enough of that crap. It's easier to interpret Latin than the state to state, city to city alcohol laws. Don't even get me started on the fact of the law being reasonable. I've been to places where I could buy beer and wine on Sunday in one building and then through a door into another building to buy liquor. Can't buy beer but you can buy wine, you can buy wine but not liquor, can buy it over in the city but not in the county, blah blah blah. Or the worst, when they look at you like you just asked for heroin and say, "Oh we're a dry county." We got tired of checking in at a hotel and being alerted to some backwoods law. So we now just buy whatever we want and bring it with us.

By the way of all places I have ever been I'd say OK had the most confusing alcohol laws. They have 3.2% beer, if you want beer with higher alcohol content, you have to go to an establishment that has a liquor license. I remember drinking a beer and wondering, "What is this?" Hell you can't even sell breweriana in the state. You can't possess or buy alcohol if you're under 21, but you can consume it in a private setting. Minors may not have a blood alcohol level of more than .02%.

OK Alcohol Laws

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics