• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Bkirby213

Bkirby213

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

We have a christmas light display that has approximately 7,000 lights and is synched with music. We are at 313 Gail St. Dallas, Ga. 30132 off of Bobo Rd. near Macland Road. There are other houses in our neighborhood with nice displays as well. You can see the lights at the link below on youtube. The lights will be on 6PM-10PM every night. Make sure to roll down your windows to hear the music. We hope you enjoy the lights and happy holidays to all!

http://www.youtube.com/user/bkirby213

Edited by Bkirby213, 07 December 2011 - 08:46 PM.

• Johnny Jacobs, LPPT and AuntB like this

#2 Mrs G

Mrs G

Super Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 10,665 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:48 PM

That is very nice!! thank You for posting.
Do unto others, as you'd have others do unto you!

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly and Leave The Rest To God.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does!!

Helping a Neighbor in need, is a Blessing, indeed!!! 04/25/2013

#3 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,427 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

:drinks:

#4 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,425 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:59 AM

:clapping:
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#5 Dallas Bigfoot

Dallas Bigfoot

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:58 AM

Have you noticed that a lot of people are not putting out Christmas decorations? Our neighborhood/subdivision used to have a lot of homes with lights. I know some people are hurting and even homes are empty but why are some who still live there not decorating? The amount of electricity isn't that much more. Maybe they are afraid of being called a Christian. And it's not just our neighborhood. Other areas don't have a lot of decorations like they did in the past. We have lights and decorations every year. One of my neighbors asked sarcastically if I was finished and I said no since he wasn't showing the spirit I had to take up the slack.

#6 LuV D@ M0N3Y

LuV D@ M0N3Y

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:22 AM

That is awesome! Thanks for posting we will come by :)
We went to a house off of 381 last year they have a great display as well!

In Loving Memory Of Joshua Lee Paschal

Posted Image

#7 Chicken World

Chicken World

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for doing this. One of the best parts of growing up around Dallas during Christmas time was when my parents took me and my sister to find Christmas lights. Of course we always went to the Hardy Lights, which i really miss, but again thanks for posting and will come see after we close.
  • CMarkWillix likes this

#8 brown*eyed*girl

brown*eyed*girl

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

We have gone to Felix Family Lights the past several years and now we will add your house as well~~can't wait~~thanks for posting!!!

#9 CarolineElizabeth

CarolineElizabeth

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,618 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

I love holiday lights! My kids and I love to look at them. My husband could careless but either way we like it lol maybe we will come by tomorrow! Thanks for all the work you do for this! When I drive at night it's all I look for :)
  • firehouse and Bkirby213 like this

#10 Bkirby213

Bkirby213

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:41 AM

Thank you all for viewing and for the reply's. We hope you all stop by and get some christmas spirit from the lights.:)

#11 CMarkWillix

CMarkWillix

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,870 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

Thanks for doing this. One of the best parts of growing up around Dallas during Christmas time was when my parents took me and my sister to find Christmas lights. Of course we always went to the Hardy Lights, which i really miss, but again thanks for posting and will come see after we close.

I too miss the Hardy Lights.

#12 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 26,343 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

We have a christmas light display that has approximately 7,000 lights and is synched with music. We are at 313 Gail St. Dallas, Ga. 30132 off of Bobo Rd. near Macland Road. There are other houses in our neighborhood with nice displays as well. You can see the lights at the link below on youtube. The lights will be on 6PM-10PM every night. Make sure to roll down your windows to hear the music. We hope you enjoy the lights and happy holidays to all!

http://www.youtube.com/user/bkirby213

Great job!!!!

#13 Bkirby213

Bkirby213

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

We added more lights and some more lighted candy canes. Come by and tell us what u think.

#14 SusieQ404

SusieQ404

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

Have you noticed that a lot of people are not putting out Christmas decorations? Our neighborhood/subdivision used to have a lot of homes with lights. I know some people are hurting and even homes are empty but why are some who still live there not decorating? The amount of electricity isn't that much more. Maybe they are afraid of being called a Christian. And it's not just our neighborhood. Other areas don't have a lot of decorations like they did in the past. We have lights and decorations every year. One of my neighbors asked sarcastically if I was finished and I said no since he wasn't showing the spirit I had to take up the slack.

For some, with jobs lost in the last few years, lower incomes, depressing nightly news casts, terrible economy, 401Ks going to hell, being upside down and drowning in your mortgage, etc, etc, etc, it may just be hard to get in the Christmas spirit. It's probably not about an extra $5 on the electric bill. It's most likely their state of mind. Last year I had virtually no desire to decorate and trust me it had absolutely nothing to do with being afraid to be marked as a Christian. People have called me names a lot worse than that! LOL!

#15 ElyssaJohnson78

ElyssaJohnson78

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

Very pretty!!Thanks for posting!!!:clapping:

#16 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

I love holiday lights! My kids and I love to look at them. My husband could careless but either way we like it lol maybe we will come by tomorrow! Thanks for all the work you do for this! When I drive at night it's all I look for :)

I can't figure out why you got -2 for this.
today is tomorrow's yesterday.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#17 Bkirby213

Bkirby213

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

I can't figure out why you got -2 for this.

What is -2? I don't understand.

Edited by Bkirby213, 10 December 2011 - 08:22 PM.

#18 Bkirby213

Bkirby213

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

Nevermind, I see it

#19 Bkirby213

Bkirby213

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

There is a house on Cooper dr. Of of Donna la. that has a great display as well. Donna lane is almost directly across Bobo rd. from Tammy Dr. that we are off of. Be sure to stop by there as well.

#20 Bkirby213

Bkirby213

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:12 AM

Our neighbor told us last night that lots of people have been stopping by to see the lights, thank you to everyone who has. We hope you all enjoy the lights. Happy holidays everybody.

#21 Bkirby213

Bkirby213

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

Wow, we just had a limo full of people come watch our little light show. That was a great feeling, what a spirit boost! :D Thanx again to everyone who has come by, we hope you enjoyed it.

#22 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 26,343 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Wow, we just had a limo full of people come watch our little light show. That was a great feeling, what a spirit boost! :D Thanx again to everyone who has come by, we hope you enjoyed it.

How cool is that :yahoo:
You should be proud of all your hard work!!!

#23 felixfamilylights

felixfamilylights

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

I spoke to those people in the limo tonight. They stopped by our place as well. They told me they went on here to help put together a list of light displays to visit. Itis pretty neat seeing a hug limo come by. That thing was BIG.
Felix Family

Visit us on the web at:
felixfamilylights.com

#24 cartersvillega

cartersvillega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

For some, with jobs lost in the last few years, lower incomes, depressing nightly news casts, terrible economy, 401Ks going to hell, being upside down and drowning in your mortgage, etc, etc, etc, it may just be hard to get in the Christmas spirit. It's probably not about an extra $5 on the electric bill. It's most likely their state of mind. Last year I had virtually no desire to decorate and trust me it had absolutely nothing to do with being afraid to be marked as a Christian. People have called me names a lot worse than that! LOL!

I wish my power bill only went up $5!!!!! That would be nice... :)

#25 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:57 AM

thaks for sharing, OP...I will add you to my "list". My girls LOVE going and seeing the lights. We go to the Felix family lights every year, the past 2 years we've gone to the Atkinson family lights in Riverwood (listed above)...now we will come to you too. There is also 2 families in Seven Hills who are fully decked out (live next to each other w/ "empty lot" in between and all is decorated together...they do not have music, but, it's beautiful to look at! :drinks:
"When life throws you lemons, make lemonade"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics