Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

What was the result of Sunday alcohol sales?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 MissSophie

MissSophie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:01 AM

Anyone know?

#2 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 26,343 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

Anyone know?

It passed.
  • crizzle likes this

#3 dagadawgs

dagadawgs

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:05 AM

Yeehaw! I rarely drink on Sundays, but it will be nice if I want to go get some wine for a recipe that I hadn't planned on Saturday!
If you had a friend who was a tight rope walker and he fell down while walking down a sidewalk with you, that would be totally unacceptable

#4 NC-17

NC-17

loud pipes save lives

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

Forest Park was the only place it didn't pass in the metro area. (of the places that held a vote)

#5 MissSophie

MissSophie

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

Thanks! Do we know when it will go into effect?

#6 dagadawgs

dagadawgs

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

Thanks! Do we know when it will go into effect?

I believe January 1, 2012
If you had a friend who was a tight rope walker and he fell down while walking down a sidewalk with you, that would be totally unacceptable

#7 petshopboys

petshopboys

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:30 AM

So does that mean all of Paulding County will have Sunday sales? I didn't see where Paulding had this on the ballots.

#8 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,423 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

Forest Park was the only place it didn't pass in the metro area. (of the places that held a vote)

That surprised me.

So does that mean all of Paulding County will have Sunday sales? I didn't see where Paulding had this on the ballots.

No, only the liquor stores in the Hiram City limits. The liquor stores in this county are only within the city limits of Hiram and Dallas. I found that out when we tried to open a liquor store near Crossroads <_<

#9 petshopboys

petshopboys

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

So I don't understand. I live in Dallas/New Hope. I won't be able to buy in my city but I can in Hiram? This is really stupid. Legal=Legal. Why doesn't it have to be so hard. Good Grief. I actually can't believe we waste energy on this. Makes me more annoyed at the state/church. And embarrassed at how dumb this all is.
  • raclay, jenilyn and janko9 like this

#10 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,423 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

So I don't understand. I live in Dallas/New Hope. I won't be able to buy in my city but I can in Hiram?

Actually, M&M in Hiram is just about the same distance as Brian & Tom's in Dallas. We are in New Hope as well.

#11 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,017 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

Actually, M&M in Hiram is just about the same distance as Brian & Tom's in Dallas. We are in New Hope as well.

M&M is Hiram?
Wow. I would have thought that was Dallas. Hummm! Who knew?!

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#12 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,423 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

M&M is Hiram?
Wow. I would have thought that was Dallas. Hummm! Who knew?!

Yes maam.

#13 CMarkWillix

CMarkWillix

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,870 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

Where is M&M? I'm only familiar with Highland Beverage, the place behind the Race Track and the place on the corner of 92 and Nebo. Are there other liquor stores in Hiram? And I believe the measures passed in the City of Rockmart so I shouldn't have to drive to Hiram. But I am there a lot so it will be good to know.

#14 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,423 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Where is M&M? I'm only familiar with Highland Beverage, the place behind the Race Track and the place on the corner of 92 and Nebo. Are there other liquor stores in Hiram? And I believe the measures passed in the City of Rockmart so I shouldn't have to drive to Hiram. But I am there a lot so it will be good to know.

It is next to West Metro Meats (on the other side of the Shell station).

#15 naturegirl

naturegirl

Super Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,190 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

It's over on business 6 near West Metro Produce & Meat Market. There's another one behind the Taco Bell/next to Sports Authority in Hiram.

I didn't know there were any liquor stores in Rockmart?? Where are they??
In history there are people who have had their clothes, food, housing and jobs provided to them.

Those people were called "slaves".

Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.

---Frank Lloyd Wright

#16 GeorgiaTornado

GeorgiaTornado

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,080 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

There is a liquor store on the corner of Nebo and 92 also. That's Hiram.

I think people would be amazed if they saw the outline of the city limits of Hiram. I sure was :blink:

#17 Sellersgirl1012

Sellersgirl1012

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

I know the one in Hiram behind Racetrac is WAY overpriced.

Sorry, I know that was off topic.

#18 juleebella

juleebella

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

So, is this county wide, and does it effect the sale of wine & beer in grocery stores?

#19 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,353 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

you should be flogged :rofl:
Posted Image

#20 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,423 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:04 PM

So, is this county wide, and does it effect the sale of wine & beer in grocery stores?

I would guess stores in the City Limits of Hiram only.

#21 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,423 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

Forest Park approves Sunday sales after error in votes found.
http://www.cbsatlant...ail&Format=HTML

#22 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,425 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

That surprised me.

No, only the liquor stores in the Hiram City limits.
The liquor stores in this county are only within the city limits of Hiram and Dallas. I found that out when we tried to open a liquor store near Crossroads <_<

oh lawd as if death valley needed more traffic..
  • ElyssaJohnson78 likes this
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#23 surepip

surepip

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,438 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

This will be a boon to the 7-11s and grocery stores, but I seriously doubt all of the liquor stores will be open on Sundays. Their sales will still be basically the same per week, but divided by 7 days of personnel on the clock instead of 6.
When you think they are ganging up against you....."Illigitimus non es carborundum"

#24 feelip

feelip

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,535 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

Forest Park approves Sunday sales after error in votes found.
http://www.cbsatlant...ail&Format=HTML

You have to wonder if the miscount was intentional. I would like to know a little more about the volunteer.
Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

#25 happy2bme

happy2bme

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

For anyone out this way, Villa Rica passed it too!!!
Never stop laughing!!
Be kind to others!!

#26 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

Did any counties have it on a ballot for unincorporated areas or just the cities?

#27 naturegirl

naturegirl

Super Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,190 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

For anyone out this way, Villa Rica passed it too!!!

Are there any liquor stores in Villa Rica or will it just affect the quick shops and grocery stores.
In history there are people who have had their clothes, food, housing and jobs provided to them.

Those people were called "slaves".

Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.

---Frank Lloyd Wright

#28 Wineguy

Wineguy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

To hopefully answer everyone's questions: This new law applies to ALL Beer, Wine, and Liquor sales (Package, Grocery, and Convenience) inside of the City Limits of Hiram. Most all of the elections were for cities only with the exception notably of Cherokee County (Others as well not in Metro Atlanta). Many locations will be enacting the law as soon as November 20th. However, it is up to the City Council to decide when we will get to use our new freedoms. Other locations around us that will be giving us freedom of choice will be Acworth, Cartersville, Kennesaw, Villa Rica, and Rockmart. The next available ballot to vote on the measure for Dallas, as well as Paulding County will be the Primary vote in March. This will not cost any extra to have it added to this ballot, so please reach out to the powers that be and request the right to vote.

Follow me on TWITTER: @Wayner83

#29 Subby's Mower Repair

Subby's Mower Repair

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,086 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

There is a liquor store on the corner of Nebo and 92 also. That's Hiram.

I think people would be amazed if they saw the outline of the city limits of Hiram. I sure was :blink:

It's just like Smyrna finally got before I moved here...they run down the R/W's and scoop up all the residential...major annexxing.
Glenn's Mower & Small Engine RepairPhone: 678-315-8794Email: glennsmowerrepair@gmail.comtWebsite:http://glennsmowerrepairs.webs.com/

#30 Wineguy

Wineguy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:58 AM

To hopefully answer everyone's questions: This new law applies to ALL Beer, Wine, and Liquor sales (Package, Grocery, and Convenience) inside of the City Limits of Hiram. Most all of the elections were for cities only with the exception notably of Cherokee County (Others as well not in Metro Atlanta). Many locations will be enacting the law as soon as November 20th. However, it is up to the City Council to decide when we will get to use our new freedoms. Other locations around us that will be giving us freedom of choice will be Acworth, Cartersville, Kennesaw, Villa Rica, and Rockmart. The next available ballot to vote on the measure for Dallas, as well as Paulding County will be the Primary vote in March. This will not cost any extra to have it added to this ballot, so please reach out to the powers that be and request the right to vote.

It looks like the Mayor of Hiram is looking to join some of the other surrounding cities and may start sunday sales as soon as November 20th.

Follow me on TWITTER: @Wayner83

#31 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:52 AM

It looks like the Mayor of Hiram is looking to join some of the other surrounding cities and may start sunday sales as soon as November 20th.

That is great.

#32 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,017 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

Does this mean we will be able to Trick or Treat on Sunday too if Halloween falls on a Sunday? :pardon:

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#33 CrabbyDaddy

CrabbyDaddy

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

Where are the city limits? I've seen a map of the spur type annex but I cannot find it now. Anyone.....anyone?
>~{}~<

#34 HiPlainsDrifter

HiPlainsDrifter

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

I'm lovin it. The people have spoken and it looks as though they have wanted it for quite some time. This is exactly what some political groups and organized religious mobsters feared, the people speaking their minds and choosing their future. I guess if we are to head ole Bill Heath's warning, let the gay marriages and domestic abuse begin! I think I will purposely go out and buy my bottle of JD whiskey on Sunday just for the sake of purchasing it on that day. Man I love our freedom in America!
  • lowrider, Thoughts and janko9 like this

#35 Just thinkin' hard

Just thinkin' hard

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:44 AM

They are - but they carry some high end stuff that you can't get anywhere else. It's usually where I end up for my daddy's really nice bottle of Christmas bourbon each year. :)!
Posted Image

#36 Thoughts

Thoughts

Demon begone!!!

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,842 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:40 AM

I'm lovin it. The people have spoken and it looks as though they have wanted it for quite some time. This is exactly what some political groups and organized religious mobsters feared, the people speaking their minds and choosing their future. I guess if we are to head ole Bill Heath's warning, let the gay marriages and domestic abuse begin! I think I will purposely go out and buy my bottle of JD whiskey on Sunday just for the sake of purchasing it on that day. Man I love our freedom in America!

Is it mandatory for a city to put the matter on the ballot? Or can a city just simply keep putting it off or ignore putting it up for a vote...
Posted Image Posted Image

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Religion in Government is like Gang Rape. 5 out of the 6 participants thinks it's great, done by popular concensus and morally justified because the Bible and "god" said they could. Publicly the 5 condem it but have no problems privately supporting it or participating in it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics