14 replies to this topic

#1 chansky

chansky

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

There was another bad accident tonight on Hwy 278. I am surprised that Nixle has not sent out a notification. 2 lanes were completely closed.
  • 88girl likes this

#2 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

There was another bad accident tonight on Hwy 278. I am surprised that Nixle has not sent out a notification. 2 lanes were completely closed.

I just passed it. That looked bad!
Posted Image
I may be a Yankee....but I am a NICE Yankee....and there are worse things I could be....right?[/size]

There are no strangers, just friends we haven't met yet!"

Colleen Ann Deloughery 6/4/60-9/11/01

#3 ivylove

ivylove

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

My prayers being said. ^_^

Where on 278 was this, and what kind of vehicles were involved? :unsure:
Posted Image
Rise above the madness!

************* ONE (1) Death************ WORLDWIDE (Monorail)
vs
In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents (in the US.) There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents.
In 2002, there were an estimated 6,316,000 car accidents in the USA. There were about 2.9 million injuries and 42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002.
etc............ect............ect..............ect...............

Automobiles and their use are responsible for more pollution and other environmental destruction, including the largest share of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, than any other human pursuit in the world. Cars also cause 40,000 human and 400,000,000 animal deaths every year in the US. Cars lead to suburban growth (= natural habitat destruction) and social isolation.

#4 chansky

chansky

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

I honestly can't remember the vehicle descriptions enough to say. The accident was at the 278 & Dallas Hwy intersection red light.

#5 carolg

carolg

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

Hope it wasn't any of the kids leaving the South Paulding/Hiram game. That would be right time, right place. I hope everyone involved is o.k.

GO DAWGS

He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

#6 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

I have been thinking about this accident all day. My coworker said he saw it at 7:30 pm. I came through at 10 pm and it was still there. I saw someone still buckled into the front driver seat, and there were taking a white sheet out of the fire truck. I can't imagine why the driver would still be in the care 2 1/2 hours after the accident (or more). They were putting a sheet over the windshield when I passed. Does anyone know what happened???
Posted Image
I may be a Yankee....but I am a NICE Yankee....and there are worse things I could be....right?[/size]

#7 SPORTS SOURCE

SPORTS SOURCE

SPORTS SOURCE

• PCOM Artist +
  • 16,852 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:33 PM

I have been thinking about this accident all day. My coworker said he saw it at 7:30 pm. I came through at 10 pm and it was still there. I saw someone still buckled into the front driver seat, and there were taking a white sheet out of the fire truck. I can't imagine why the driver would still be in the care 2 1/2 hours after the accident (or more). They were putting a sheet over the windshield when I passed. Does anyone know what happened???

That sounds very odd. I am with you and can't imagine why a person would still be in the car 2.5 hrs after an accident?!?!?

770-310-4459

Your Source For Sports Apparel

Specializing in Collegiate, NFL, MLB and NASCAR

Authentic Officially Licensed Merchandise

Posted Image

#8 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:36 PM

That sounds very odd. I am with you and can't imagine why a person would still be in the car 2.5 hrs after an accident?!?!?

My first thought was they were going to try to cut him out (this before I knew the accident happened at least 2 1/2 hours before). Tonight I was thinking there was no way they would put the sheet o the OUTSIDE of the car if they were trying to protect him from broken glass. They would have put it over him.....
Posted Image

#9 JYD

JYD

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:43 AM

Normally if it is a fatal accident,they cover and wait on the proper people to arrive. This stops the looky loos.But 2 1/2 hrs. does seem a long time for the corner and state people to arrive.

#10 Spitfire

Spitfire

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

Why is this intersection notorious for accidents? :unsure:

#11 rockysmom

rockysmom

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,087 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

I have always wondered the same thing.....it is wide open. The only reason that I come up with is people trying to catch the lights. I see a few intersections that seem to be the same deal. People, are you really in that much of a hurry? :blink:
Buy American! We are all in this together so BUY AMERICAN!!!

A caring, thoughtful, beautiful mind creates it's own blue sky.

#12 gwilli8866

gwilli8866

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:28 AM

Is this where Hwy 120 (Dallas Hwy) changes over to Bill Carruth Pkwy by the medical building?

#13 All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah

All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah

Don't make me stamp you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,873 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

Is this where Hwy 120 (Dallas Hwy) changes over to Bill Carruth Pkwy by the medical building?

Yes

#14 justgettingby

justgettingby

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:57 AM

I think it's people running the lights. Same thing always seems to happen at the next intersection, 278 and Atlanta Hwy. There have been many times at that intersection that had I not paused befor taking my green light, I'd have been nailed in the side by someone running the red light. I ALWAYS look left and right before entering that intersection because of this.
  • Oh No Its Me and Mrs G like this

#15 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,448 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:27 PM

Lots of lanes filled with drivers who try to beat the light. DOT probably needs to make the left turns onto 278 from 120 and Bill Carruth by arrow only. It will slow down traffic but with the increasing number of stupid drivers it may save a few lives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics