15 replies to this topic

#1 SnapCandy Fotos

SnapCandy Fotos

Paulding Com member

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:50 PM

Anyone live in there, and how do you like it?
Quality lifestyle photography. Visit SnapCandy Fotos on Facebook. Like the page for 10% off your first session.
Posted Image

#2 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

I lived in there for about a year. It was ok. Definitely not the worst place I've lived although there were more and more empty houses showing up, which wasn't good. The pool had issues from time to time--spent a lot of time closed.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."óMark Twain

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alternate signature available for those under 3 and right wing conservatives.
Why does it have to be political correctness? Why can't it just be common courtesy?
If Tylenol, duct tape, or a band aid can't fix it... you've got a serious problem!

#3 SnapCandy Fotos

SnapCandy Fotos

Paulding Com member

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

Thanks for your input. I was considering the n'hood because I know several people in there, one of which is one of my son's best friend's family. And I do like the more expensive houses in the neighborhood...not so much the cheaper ones. I'm looking at some homes more expensive than the ones currently in there, but I don't want to rule it out because of price...I like the idea of the playground, pool, and tennis court...
Quality lifestyle photography. Visit SnapCandy Fotos on Facebook. Like the page for 10% off your first session.
Posted Image

#4 Bwitchy

Bwitchy

Witchety Cricket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:11 PM

PM Hairazor, she owned a house in there and can tell you more about the inner workings of the HOA and such.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."óMark Twain

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alternate signature available for those under 3 and right wing conservatives.
Why does it have to be political correctness? Why can't it just be common courtesy?
If Tylenol, duct tape, or a band aid can't fix it... you've got a serious problem!

#5 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:46 AM

At the begining of this year we were looking in there.I liked the facilities and how nice the landscape was. There was alot of foreclosures and vacant homes. The part I didn't like was how close everyone was,there was a pretty good bunch of kids too. Now at certain times of the day there was some heavy traffic..So do your home work,it has goods and bads.:unsure:
Men are like carpets,the better you lay them the longer you can walk on them.

#6 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

My sister lives there. It's ok. We had a contract in there but went to Overlook (next door) instead. I am very happy we decided on Overlook instead of Vista Lake.
Posted Image
I may be a Yankee....but I am a NICE Yankee....and there are worse things I could be....right?[/size]

There are no strangers, just friends we haven't met yet!"

Colleen Ann Deloughery 6/4/60-9/11/01

#7 nowens98

nowens98

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

I have been in VL for 7yrs. It got pretty bad in here for a while, but has really improved in the last year or so. We used to have people come in off of 278 by the busload that didn't live anywhere near here and go to our pool. We now have a pool monitor and only the residents who have paid their HOA dues in full by the end of April or May get their amenity passes. It is wonderful at the pool now! We do have a lot of vacant houses, but I think that is a problem in any subdivision right now.

The HOA dues are reasonable and are around $550 per year, that includes front lawn care (mow, edge, weed eat, fertilize and treat grass for bugs) use of pool, tennis, lake, soccer fields.

Do I want to live here forever? No. But now I don't feel like I'm trapped in the ghetto either. As long as it stays like it is now I will be happy to stay here a couple more years...unless hubby can get transferred to Charleston, then we'll be looking for renters!

#8 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:06 AM

I have been in VL for 7yrs. It got pretty bad in here for a while, but has really improved in the last year or so. We used to have people come in off of 278 by the busload that didn't live anywhere near here and go to our pool.

Same issue in Overlook! :wacko: Now we just have them arrested for trespassing!
Posted Image
I may be a Yankee....but I am a NICE Yankee....and there are worse things I could be....right?[/size]

#9 NC-17

NC-17

loud pipes save lives

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

i've visited both vista lake and overlook. i don't think i could live in a cracker box with neighbors 15 feet away on both sides of me. i don't care how nice the inside of the house is.

#10 SnapCandy Fotos

SnapCandy Fotos

Paulding Com member

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:35 AM

i've visited both vista lake and overlook. i don't think i could live in a cracker box with neighbors 15 feet away on both sides of me. i don't care how nice the inside of the house is.

Yeah, that is the only issue...and it is a big one for us. There is a nicer house (way nicer, actually) than ones in there that has been on the market for a few months (no idea why unless something is horribly wrong found during inspection), so we may look at that one first. Only thing is I believe it only has 4 bedrooms with no bonus rooms, and we really need a 5th room.

I have been in VL for 7yrs. It got pretty bad in here for a while, but has really improved in the last year or so. We used to have people come in off of 278 by the busload that didn't live anywhere near here and go to our pool. We now have a pool monitor and only the residents who have paid their HOA dues in full by the end of April or May get their amenity passes. It is wonderful at the pool now! We do have a lot of vacant houses, but I think that is a problem in any subdivision right now.

The HOA dues are reasonable and are around $550 per year, that includes front lawn care (mow, edge, weed eat, fertilize and treat grass for bugs) use of pool, tennis, lake, soccer fields.

Do I want to live here forever? No. But now I don't feel like I'm trapped in the ghetto either. As long as it stays like it is now I will be happy to stay here a couple more years...unless hubby can get transferred to Charleston, then we'll be looking for renters!

You told me that last night on Facebook ;) But thanks! I'm glad to hear your input on it...

My sister lives there. It's ok. We had a contract in there but went to Overlook (next door) instead. I am very happy we decided on Overlook instead of Vista Lake.

There is one for sale in there right now that I think has potential...if you don't pay attention to paint colors and the owners' decor. But hubby doesn't care for it, but I tried to tell him Overlook is nicer...isn't it?

At the begining of this year we were looking in there.I liked the facilities and how nice the landscape was. There was alot of foreclosures and vacant homes. The part I didn't like was how close everyone was,there was a pretty good bunch of kids too. Now at certain times of the day there was some heavy traffic..So do your home work,it has goods and bads.:unsure:

Thanks!! :)
Posted Image

#11 Jaydensmommy

Jaydensmommy

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

My daughter has a friend that lives in Vista Lake. The houses are pretty, but they are packed in there like sardines! Way too overcrowded for my taste.

#12 nowens98

nowens98

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:21 AM

You told me that last night on Facebook ;) But thanks! I'm glad to hear your input on it...

I just put two & two together! Didn't recognize the name on here ;)

I am one of the lucky ones in VL that has NO neighbors on either side, just 3-4 vacant lots. I am sure we may not ever get houses built near us which is OK with me!

#13 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

There is one for sale in there right now that I think has potential...if you don't pay attention to paint colors and the owners' decor. But hubby doesn't care for it, but I tried to tell him Overlook is nicer...isn't it?

Thanks!! :)

Of course I think it is nicer, but I live here. I have a 5 bedroom (all on second floor) with a basement. HUGE rooms and big bedrooms. I know there are some nice homes for sale in here. Some with 5 or 6 bedrooms (6 beds is a split foyer). Some of the "Jacob" floorplans have a bonus room over the garage. Some of the 5 bedrooms have 3 bathrooms on the 2nd floor. I just don't know which are which!! lol
Posted Image

#14 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:51 PM

Of course I think it is nicer, but I live here. I have a 5 bedroom (all on second floor) with a basement. HUGE rooms and big bedrooms. I know there are some nice homes for sale in here. Some with 5 or 6 bedrooms (6 beds is a split foyer). Some of the "Jacob" floorplans have a bonus room over the garage. Some of the 5 bedrooms have 3 bathrooms on the 2nd floor. I just don't know which are which!! lol

I can only find 5 for sale in Overlook. Which address were yuo considering???? 3 of them are on my street!
Posted Image

#15 SnapCandy Fotos

SnapCandy Fotos

Paulding Com member

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:50 PM

I can only find 5 for sale in Overlook. Which address were yuo considering???? 3 of them are on my street!

I'm not sure of the address...it's white on the outside I think...with a porch that wraps around one side...has a baby car on the porch. But I am not crazy about the house...but it's big and I like the amenities, and I think part of the reason I'm not crazy about it is the low ceilings and the decor...can change the decor, but can't change the ceiling :)
Posted Image

#16 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

I'm not sure of the address...it's white on the outside I think...with a porch that wraps around one side...has a baby car on the porch. But I am not crazy about the house...but it's big and I like the amenities, and I think part of the reason I'm not crazy about it is the low ceilings and the decor...can change the decor, but can't change the ceiling :)

That house is 3 houses from me. The entry is 2 story, which looks nice when you come in. The master bath has 2 nice walk in closets. It's about 5 houses from the pool. Nice quiet street, no problems in the neighborhood.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics