39 replies to this topic

#1 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

Got a phone report that life flight and ambulances are about the only thing moving east bound or west bound between Old Harris Road and Ga 61 on US 278.

Life-flight has been confirmed in the Fire Station #1 parking lot and at least one additional ambulance along with cars cutting through Kroger as they seek to avoid an accident scene believed to be somewhere just east of Tom Murphy Blvd (The road that runs behind Kroger). Traffic has diverted itself to Business 6 coming from Old Harris Road where traffic is moving slowly onto business 6 west bound to Dallas.

Anyone with more information, do post but otherwise avoid the area.

pubby

#2 SOLO

SOLO

I Have Flying monkeys and Will Use Them

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,767 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

There were 3 people injured, 2 were entrapped. The one going by air has what appears to be a head injury. One they believe has broken ankle (s).
Posted Image
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it Just pee on it and walk away.

s.l.u.t
Stressed-out Ladies Unwinding Together

"People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life like loving everybody all the time and being nice.....dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long

#3 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:46 PM

Apparently the accident was at the intersection of Tom Murphy Drive and 278 right there at the east entrance of Kroger from 278. Eastbound traffic is being re-routed by authorities through Dallas.

Thanks for the update Solo on the injuries.

pubby

#4 Starr & Dru's Nana

Starr & Dru's Nana

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,092 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

Oh, that's got to be a load of fun for everyone in the downtown area. Just don't try to cross the street.

Apparently the accident was at the intersection of Tom Murphy Drive and 278 right there at the east entrance of Kroger from 278. Eastbound traffic is being re-routed by authorities through Dallas.

Thanks for the update Solo on the injuries.

pubby

In loving memory of Mason (December 1, 2001 to December 9, 2001) and Ashley  Jr. (December 1, 2001 to December 2, 2001

n7C4m5.png

KBZ8m5.png

#5 Mommyof1

Mommyof1

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

It must have been bad because I just came through there @ 6 and there were still 3 or 4 cops and an ambulance just leaving and a car and glass still in the middle of the intersection! It backed up all the way at Old Harris! Cops were also directing traffic down @ 61.

Prayers for all involved.
aka Nedallas

#6 Tide Girl

Tide Girl

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

does anyone know what kind of Vehicles ?
always be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind--Dr Seuss

#7 ProudMawMawof5

ProudMawMawof5

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

Son just called and said there is still police cars. He is trying to get around it because he is on call and got a call out.

#8 RabbleRouser

RabbleRouser

former anchor

• ^BOPPER
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

still backed up
facebook
IMDb

#9 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

Remind me to look at pcom next time before I decide to head out to Kroger so that I don't get caught in the traffic. I should have known not to turn on to Old Harris from Business 6 when I saw all the traffic and should have taken business 6 all the way to 61.

#10 ProudMawMawof5

ProudMawMawof5

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:16 PM

I was just told someone lost their life in this accident. My daughter's friend just posted on Facebook. Said he saw it happened. Very upset. He said he stopped to help.

Edited by ProudMawMawof5, 13 June 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#11 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

Prayers for the family. Someone at Kroger said there was also an accident down towards Greystone Power a little earlier.

#12 *~LisaG~*

*~LisaG~*

*not as sweet as you think*

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

I was stuck on 278 in traffic after this all happened.

#13 Oh No Its Me

Oh No Its Me

I'm a ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

I'm surprised a Nixle didn't go out. I got stuck in the traffic as well. Though I'd rather be stuck in traffic than dealing with injuries like the people involved. My thoughts are with them, their families and the rescue personnel.

If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with you own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

#14 matthewspiglet

matthewspiglet

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,196 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

I was just told someone lost their life in this accident. My daughter's friend just posted on Facebook. Said he saw it happened. Very upset. He said he stopped to help.

I saw this on FB to. The guy said he when to help and the guy told him his name before he passed on :( ...Praying for everyone

#15 jalin

jalin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

What age was this person?

#16 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

There was no nixle because it was within the city of Dallas.

pubby

#17 happy2bme

happy2bme

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

From what i understand it was a man from Alabama. I got stuck in this traffic also, early. Must of just happened but I took a short cut so didnt see anything, very sad.
Never stop laughing!!
Be kind to others!!

#18 Oh No Its Me

Oh No Its Me

I'm a ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

There was no nixle because it was within the city of Dallas.

pubby

oh ok I didn't realize the "city" of Dallas didn't participate in it

If you didn't see it with your own eyes or hear it with you own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

#19 ProudMawMawof5

ProudMawMawof5

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

Does anyone know anything else about this accident? My prayers are with all involved and their families.

#20 *~LisaG~*

*~LisaG~*

*not as sweet as you think*

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

Sorry to hear a man lost his life and there were so many injuries. I must of came through after most of the clean up was done.

#21 GinGi

GinGi

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

I met the father of the young woman involved in the accident at the hospital today. Her boyfriend was killed in the accident. He was a skydiving instructor in Cedartown according to the father and had been involved in over 3000 jumps. The young woman, Nicole Smith, is in ICU at Kennestone with a broken neck as well as other injuries. Please say prayers for this young woman as well as her family. According to the father, the young woman is 27 years of age and his oldest child. He also stated she is a true fighter. The father was the kindest man and a true believer in his daughter's healing! God bless you Kerry and Nicole.

#22 ProudMawMawof5

ProudMawMawof5

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

Prayers for everyone involved. Is Nicole from Paulding County?

#23 Oh No Its Me

Oh No Its Me

I'm a ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:01 PM

Awe always so sad to hear of injuries and death

#24 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

I talked with the GSP about this. Depending on the outcome of the investigation, charges may be filed against the driver of the westbound car.

The story is the first in the news lineup.

Watch live streaming video from pauldingcom at livestream.com

#25 Bones

Bones

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:43 PM

My co-worker saw it happen and held the man with the head injury trying to help him as he was shaking very badly. He was still upset yesterday about the man dying.
If you see my bike on a trailer, cal 911

#26 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:33 PM

Bones:

Those who witness traumatic incidents such as this are at risk of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

Here is a link: http://helpguide.org...s_treatment.htm

No doubt the experience was disturbing and it may take a few days to get over the feelings. It has been a couple of days and he should be feeling better. If not and he is not getting back to normal, he should reach out.

pubby

#27 TabbyCat

TabbyCat

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,963 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:52 PM

Bones:

Those who witness traumatic incidents such as this are at risk of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

Here is a link: http://helpguide.org...s_treatment.htm

No doubt the experience was disturbing and it may take a few days to get over the feelings. It has been a couple of days and he should be feeling better. If not and he is not getting back to normal, he should reach out.

pubby

Thanks for offering that, Pubby.

I have witnessed trauma, and I know how it plays back over and over in one's head.

It's hard to move away from.

I appreciate that you posted a helpful link.

I think folks don't really realize how much witnessing a traumatic event will affect them beyond the event.

It can be devastating. I'm glad you offered a resource.

#28 Bones

Bones

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:08 AM

I will pass along the info. TA is a good, kind hearted brother. He saw alot worse in Iraq.

#29 VW Man

VW Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

To Whoever did the paulding news report video.. your information is off. Me and my co worker seen this accident and were with Jeremy and his girlfriend. Car was silver and no airbags were deployed on there vehicle,along with other details you stated are not accurate We were with this man and his girlfriend the entire scene and are a part of the investigation as witnesses. inaccurate report. Get the facts straight. Exactly why I don't watch the news. My brother died in a car accident and other local news was inaccurate as well.

#30 BigEricJumps

BigEricJumps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

I have been watching this thread for a couple days now. Jeremy was a good friend and fellow skydiver. He was one of my favorite Tandem Instructors to fly video for. I've known Jeremy for 4 years. He is a truly good person with an infectious personality. I shed my tears for him late Monday night, shortly after I heard the terrible news. I'm also praying for a quick recovery for his girlfriend, Nicole who is also a skydiver. Jeremy and Nicole hadn't been together long, but there was much love between them. I can't imagine what pain she must be going through...both physical and mental. I know she has strong family support by her side. The one thing I do know is Jeremy experienced more in one day doing what he loved, than most people do in a lifetime. I will miss my friend a lot.

Blue Skies, Brother...
  • Spunkywman likes this

#31 Oh No Its Me

Oh No Its Me

I'm a ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:35 PM

I have been watching this thread for a couple days now. Jeremy was a good friend and fellow skydiver. He was one of my favorite Tandem Instructors to fly video for. I've known Jeremy for 4 years. He is a truly good person with an infectious personality. I shed my tears for him late Monday night, shortly after I heard the terrible news. I'm also praying for a quick recovery for his girlfriend, Nicole who is also a skydiver. Jeremy and Nicole hadn't been together long, but there was much love between them. I can't imagine what pain she must be going through...both physical and mental. I know she has strong family support by her side. The one thing I do know is Jeremy experienced more in one day doing what he loved, than most people do in a lifetime. I will miss my friend a lot.

Blue Skies, Brother...

:( I'm so sorry for your loss!

#32 unourroll

unourroll

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

To Whoever did the paulding news report video.. your information is off. Me and my co worker seen this accident and were with Jeremy and his girlfriend. Car was silver and no airbags were deployed on there vehicle,along with other details you stated are not accurate We were with this man and his girlfriend the entire scene and are a part of the investigation as witnesses. inaccurate report. Get the facts straight. Exactly why I don't watch the news. My brother died in a car accident and other local news was inaccurate as well.

i did here a refreance to GSP for facts. prayers are with all whom are involved in anyway.

#33 PUBBY

PUBBY

Super Icon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

i did here a refreance to GSP for facts. prayers are with all whom are involved in anyway.

Indeed, I got all my facts from the GSP. The reference to the airbag was the 1998 Cavalier. The color was as described ... I suspect it was a silver with a bluish tint ... but that is what I was told. I suspect that the color provided will be what is on the GSP report. I'm sure the VIN on the report is correct.

If the report is wrong in any substantive way, take it up with the investigating officer.

pubby

#34 VW Man

VW Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

Gsp was there 1hr after the victims were transported and we were there from the impact on, Just a lot of what I have read is inaccurate to the whole thing and want anybody reading this to know the facts and nothing more.

#35 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 26,535 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

Gsp was there 1hr after the victims were transported and we were there from the impact on, Just a lot of what I have read is inaccurate to the whole thing and want anybody reading this to know the facts and nothing more.

If you would like Pubby's number I would be happy to give it to you and I am sure he would do an interview with you and allow you to tell the story properly as an eyewitness.

#36 Spunkywman

Spunkywman

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

No one has been disrespectful about anything in regards to this incident including the reporting of it. I would think instead of jumping on someone about the report given by the GPS you would take your grievance up with them. There is enough sadness without adding anymore drama. IMO
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

There are three constants in life... change, choice and principles.
Stephen Covey

#37 Bones

Bones

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:29 AM

VW man

Take LPPT's advice and give Pubby a call on the info. She is an awesome woman. I know your upset over what you and TA saw but let it go. Hug your daughter and lady and count the blessings you have.

#38 naturegirl

naturegirl

Super Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,190 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:40 AM

GSP reports are not always correct, I think VW man experienced something horrible and he just wanted everyone to know what he witnessed. I think a little sympathy and caring could go a long way, he's been through something I hope I never have to. Kindness matters, telling him to take it up with the GSP doesn't seem very kind.

VW Man, thank you for sharing your story, I'm sure your testimony regarding this will certainly be taken seriously by the people that truly matter. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. :(
  • ~S~ likes this
In history there are people who have had their clothes, food, housing and jobs provided to them.

Those people were called "slaves".

Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.

---Frank Lloyd Wright

#39 Spunkywman

Spunkywman

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

There was no unkindness intended on my part. As I stated there is a lot of sadness already and I have seen many a time where something like this turns ugly in not liking or agreeing with what was reported. I feel horrible for everyone involved including those rendering aid.

GSP reports are not always correct, I think VW man experienced something horrible and he just wanted everyone to know what he witnessed. I think a little sympathy and caring could go a long way, he's been through something I hope I never have to. Kindness matters, telling him to take it up with the GSP doesn't seem very kind.

VW Man, thank you for sharing your story, I'm sure your testimony regarding this will certainly be taken seriously by the people that truly matter. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. :(

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

There are three constants in life... change, choice and principles.
Stephen Covey

#40 BigEricJumps

BigEricJumps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

All,

Jeremy's girlfriend, Nicole is being released from the hospital today. Her parents will be caring for her until she heals. I thought you all would want to know a bit of good news out of all this.

Does anyone have any details on the reconstruction/investigation that happened Wednesday morning?

Thanks,

Eric
  • Jetasmom likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics