57 replies to this topic

#1 Colonel Duke LaCross

Colonel Duke LaCross

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:43 PM

Just passed a horrible accident on 278 west. I couldn't tell what happened, but assume their was another vehicle involved- head on or rear end. The truck in the middle of 278 had what appeared to be a middle aged male face down in the steering wheel. 6-7 people had stopped and were trying to help the unconscious man. Please pray for this guy and his family, and the citizens that stopped to help.
I'm sexy and I know it!

#2 naturegirl

naturegirl

Super Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,190 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:44 PM

I heard the sirens. Praying everyone is OK and calling my family now to make sure it wasn't any of them.
In history there are people who have had their clothes, food, housing and jobs provided to them.

Those people were called "slaves".

Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.

---Frank Lloyd Wright

#3 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

:(
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#4 chansky

chansky

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

I came by on the way to pick up my children from school. There was no ambulance on the scene at this point. Prayers for the driver of the truck. It looked horrible.

#5 markdavd

markdavd

Sawdust Creator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,644 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

For those of us who don't go by mile marker, what area of 278 is this?
I read recently that "most of today's reporters and journalists are no better than used car salesmen. When they're working, you just know they're lying to you." My first thought is that's an insult to used car salesmen!

#6 chansky

chansky

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:49 PM

intersection of 278 and Mt. Olivet Loop.

#7 naturegirl

naturegirl

Super Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,190 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:51 PM

Pass the Courthouse and Buchanan Hwy as you're going up the hill, toward Rockmart.
In history there are people who have had their clothes, food, housing and jobs provided to them.

---Frank Lloyd Wright

#8 asdfasdfasdfasd

asdfasdfasdfasd

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

I saw this accident.

It's weird, because today I left the house 2 minutes late. It takes me exactly 4 minutes to get to my son's school from the time I leave my neighborhood. Around 2:25 (edited for time...sorry) is when I heard all of the sirens. Had I not stopped to do something, I'm afraid we may have been in that exact spot...at the same time and either been involved or witnessed it.

What I did see of it was pretty bad. I saw what appeared to be the guy's wife or mom (not sure since I didn't get a look at him to see how old he was) on the side of the road, looking very upset. I saw firefighters and police officers standing around the guy on the stretcher and possibly attempting to resuscitate him. It was terrible.

I really hope everyone is okay that was involved, but one of the teachers at the school told me that someone else had seen a tarp over one of the stretchers or something..........

Edited by asdfasdfasdfasd , 11 May 2011 - 02:09 PM.

#9 Colonel Duke LaCross

Colonel Duke LaCross

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

I came by on the way to pick up my children from school. There was no ambulance on the scene at this point. Prayers for the driver of the truck. It looked horrible.

It looked like the accident took place at least 3-4 minutes before I got there. I didn't stop to help because there were what looked like 6-7 people already helping, and I was wearing sandals, which is not good around all that broken glass. Any who, I didn't see an ambulance until I was halfway down goldmine Rd heading to yorkville. So from the time it happened till the ambulance arrived would probably be aroun 15 minutes. Too long for a person in this kind of emergency.
I'm sexy and I know it!

#10 rockysmom

rockysmom

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,742 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

Wow! I must have just missed this! Good hopes going out to all involved including those who witnessed it and tried to help.
Buy American! We are all in this together so BUY AMERICAN!!!

A caring, thoughtful, beautiful mind creates it's own blue sky.

#11 chansky

chansky

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

It really looked bad. On a postive note, the airbags inside the truck had been deployed. Hopefully, the driver will make it.

#12 asdfasdfasdfasd

asdfasdfasdfasd

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

One of the moms at the school said it happened around 1:20ish, because she was on her way to the school and passed just after it had happened...people had just started to stop and help.

I don't know. Just hope everyone is okay....

#13 LivB

LivB

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

One of the moms at the school said it happened around 1:20ish, because she was on her way to the school and passed just after it had happened...people had just started to stop and help.

I don't know. Just hope everyone is okay....

I pray for the driver and his family...that stretch is so dangerous with people making u-turns to get to the two neighborhoods on the other side of the road. I have seen too many wrecks there...maybe this will open the county's eyes.

#14 chansky

chansky

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

I left to pick up my kids from school at 2:20pm. Are you sure it happened an hour before that because there was no ambulance on the scene at 2:20. I passed an ambulance heading from the Yorkville area to the accident site on my way to the Poole Elementary. That would mean there was NO ambulance on the scene for an hour. I heard the fire & rescue sirens around 2:15pm when I was getting into my car.

It looked like the fire dept had to use the jaws of life to cut the driver out.
  • Ramona1964 likes this

#15 kyro

kyro

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw life flight fly over about 10 minutes ago- either way prayers for those involved.

#16 asdfasdfasdfasd

asdfasdfasdfasd

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

I left to pick up my kids from school at 2:20pm. Are you sure it happened an hour before that because there was no ambulance on the scene at 2:20. I passed an ambulance heading from the Yorkville area to the accident site on my way to the Poole Elementary. That would mean there was NO ambulance on the scene for an hour. I heard the fire & rescue sirens around 2:15pm when I was getting into my car.

SORRY...I meant 2:20ish....sorry.

#17 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,432 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

sounds like a horrible accident can someone pm me the color of the truck
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#18 chansky

chansky

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

an older model blue truck, possibly a chevrolet

#19 Colonel Duke LaCross

Colonel Duke LaCross

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

It happened around 220. I left Marietta to go to yorkville at 130
I'm sexy and I know it!

#20 asdfasdfasdfasd

asdfasdfasdfasd

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

It was an older looking truck...and it was a dark color...maybe black or dark blue. Perhaps an older Chevy SS...but I may be really wrong on that. I wasn't really looking at the truck...I was looking at the driver...

#21 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,253 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

Praying that this accident isn't as serious as it sounds.

#22 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,432 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

an older model blue truck, possibly a chevrolet

Thanks
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#23 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,172 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

Prayers for all involved.

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#24 PauldingPeach

PauldingPeach

Caught In The Twillight Zone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,109 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

Terrible... I've been one on the sidelines watching life saving efforts being made on a loved one before. It's a horrible and helpless feeling. Prayers going up. I hope all will be ok.
Formerly Dogz~n~Katz

#25 Kaymomx2

Kaymomx2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

I don't think that there was anyone else in the blue truck. The lady that was sitting there I'm pretty sure was in the Ford expoler truck (white) that was involved too along with the tracor trailer. It was so bad and if that guy made it out of that then he definitely has angel with him.
Prayers for everyone!

#26 JBrigman

JBrigman

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

The flat-bed style, tractor trailor truck was PARKED on 278 in the right hand land right around Mt. Olivet Loop. There were 3 vehicled involved total.
  • Ramona1964 likes this
Don't Litter -- Fix Your Critter! And remember, rescued animals make the best pets!

#27 PauldingPeach

PauldingPeach

Caught In The Twillight Zone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,109 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

I don't think that there was anyone else in the blue truck. The lady that was sitting there I'm pretty sure was in the Ford expoler truck (white) that was involved too along with the tracor trailer. It was so bad and if that guy made it out of that then he definitely has angel with him.
Prayers for everyone!

Oh Dear! :( Well, it's possible. My little angel barely made it out alive w/ our accident... but she did. Praying for the best.
Formerly Dogz~n~Katz

#28 Ramona1964

Ramona1964

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

Oh Dear! :( Well, it's possible. My little angel barely made it out alive w/ our accident... but she did. Praying for the best.

THE FLATBED TRACTOR TRAILER WAS PARKED ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD (A LIL ON THE ROAD)RIGHT BEFORE MT OLVIET RD I PASSED BY THERE ABOUT 2;15ISH AND THOUGHT THAT IT WAS DANGEROUSLY PARKED THERE! I HEARD THE THE LIFE FLIGHT OVER THE HOUSE...PRAYERS FOR ALL INVOLVED!!
Have a Wonderful Blessed Day

#29 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,539 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

It looked like the accident took place at least 3-4 minutes before I got there. I didn't stop to help because there were what looked like 6-7 people already helping, and I was wearing sandals, which is not good around all that broken glass. Any who, I didn't see an ambulance until I was halfway down goldmine Rd heading to yorkville. So from the time it happened till the ambulance arrived would probably be aroun 15 minutes. Too long for a person in this kind of emergency.

That could be the 2nd or 3rd unit going in if an accident has multiple injuries.

#30 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

I pray for the driver and his family...that stretch is so dangerous with people making u-turns to get to the two neighborhoods on the other side of the road. I have seen too many wrecks there...maybe this will open the county's eyes.

I live on Overlook, and it is getting dangerous to pull out of our s/d and to make the u-turn coming home at night. The speed limit there is 65 and the u-turn is at the top of the hill. In the mornings, I sometimes have to sit there for several minutes waiting for a break in the traffic. Then I nail it and hope nobody is speeding up that hill. It's amazing nobody has been killed there. Our s/d tried to get a light, but no dice. It's a state road, and we were told there had to be multiple fatalities in order for the state to do something about it. :angry:
Posted Image
I may be a Yankee....but I am a NICE Yankee....and there are worse things I could be....right?[/size]

There are no strangers, just friends we haven't met yet!"

Colleen Ann Deloughery 6/4/60-9/11/01

#31 Emily_Moon

Emily_Moon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

I live in Vista Lake which is right where it happened on 278 going westbound toward Rockmart. I was pulling into my subdivision around 2:15 and it had JUST happened! The man in the truck was an older man and was hunched over the steering wheel where the air bag had already deployed. The entire front end of the truck was missing. The 2 passengers that were in the white car were walking in the direction of the truck and calling 911 (hands shaking furiously). The man never moved. It took way too long for any emergency vehicles to arrive. In the meantime, citizens were trying to pry the door open. The fire dept. arrived first followed by ambulances and police. They pryed the door off and put the man on a gurney (sp?). He was in a neck brace and was placed into an ambulance. No LIFE FLIGHT!! I hope he makes it but it didn't look good. The 2 in the white car walked out. I'm pretty sure the truck was coming over the hill and slammed into the back of the huge flatbed truck that was either in the road not moving or moving slowly or partially on the side of the road. The truck may have then had contact with the white vehicle AFTER rear ending the flatbed. If the truck had hit the white (Explorer?)first it would have looked as bad as the truck did. If anyone hears about the condition of the man in the truck, please let us know.
Posted Image

#32 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:56 PM

They could have easily taken the patient to another location for a landing zone. Very rarely do they land a helicopter at the site of an accident. There is normally a shopping center, ballfield, open field or something close by that they use. If this is a dangerous spot in the road--I doubt if our rescue folks would even attempt to land a bird there.

#33 Emily_Moon

Emily_Moon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

They could have easily taken the patient to another location for a landing zone. Very rarely do they land a helicopter at the site of an accident. There is normally a shopping center, ballfield, open field or something close by that they use. If this is a dangerous spot in the road--I doubt if our rescue folks would even attempt to land a bird there.

I saw a Life Flight helicopter land in that exact place once after a motorcycle accident. This intersection is EXTREMELY dangerous!!
Posted Image

#34 Emily_Moon

Emily_Moon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

Trust me, I know how dangerous this intersection is because I have to pull out 5-6 times a day. With two subdiviosion using that outlet to get in and out PLUS everyone from Mt. Olivet having to cross. Some on the eatbound side needing to go west. Some on the westbound side needing to go east, some needing to go straight across, and others having to do U-turns to get into their subdivision (Overlook). The speed limit through there is 65 but many people are going 70 and up and there is a HILL that makes it hard to see what's coming at you moving 70mph. I think it's definitely time for a stoplight or SOMETHING!!
Posted Image

#35 GRAHAM PEST CONTROL

GRAHAM PEST CONTROL

Paulding Com member

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

A co-worker of mine has notified me of a dear friend of theirs that was in an accident today. I believe that the accident being discussed here is the same one. I found out about 20 minutes ago that the man in the truck has passed away. PLEASE KEEP THIS FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS!!
Taylor Lynnae, Maggie Anne and Natalie Brooklyn's Mommy....Best job in the world!!

#36 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

A co-worker of mine has notified me of a dear friend of theirs that was in an accident today. I believe that the accident being discussed here is the same one. I found out about 20 minutes ago that the man in the truck has passed away. PLEASE KEEP THIS FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS!!

Oh no! How terrible............ :(
Posted Image
I may be a Yankee....but I am a NICE Yankee....and there are worse things I could be....right?[/size]

#37 Riley's

Riley's

Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,524 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:33 PM

yeah someone on FB stated he passed away.. prayers for the family

#38 NY Gal

NY Gal

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

yeah someone on FB stated he passed away.. prayers for the family

My 8 yr old son just said he saw it on the way home on the school bus. That was at 2:20, and the man was still in the car. How terrible for the family.....

Prayers sent up.
Posted Image

#39 naturegirl

naturegirl

Super Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,190 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

Prayers for the family, may he RIP. :(

---Frank Lloyd Wright

#40 Guest_Hi~ho Silver_*

Guest_Hi~ho Silver_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

Trust me, I know how dangerous this intersection is because I have to pull out 5-6 times a day. With two subdiviosion using that outlet to get in and out PLUS everyone from Mt. Olivet having to cross. Some on the eatbound side needing to go west. Some on the westbound side needing to go east, some needing to go straight across, and others having to do U-turns to get into their subdivision (Overlook). The speed limit through there is 65 but many people are going 70 and up and there is a HILL that makes it hard to see what's coming at you moving 70mph. I think it's definitely time for a stoplight or SOMETHING!!

I lived on the westside for years and drove that stretch everyday. I was out there again about a month ago.
Once you cross Buchanan Highway it's like dropping the flag. You have to run 75 to keep from getting run over and you still get passed like you're sitting still. The County or GSP could easily balance the County budget if they ran radar every day. I'm so glad I don't drive it now. I'm surprised somebody doesn't get killed at least every week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics