10 replies to this topic

#1 justagirl

justagirl

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

Southeastern Pug Rescue and Adoption is an organization which rescues pugs and pug mixes from the states of Georgia, Alabama, North Florida,S. Carolina, Tenn., Missouri, and Illinois. You'll notice that these states encompass much more than just the southeast because their service area has grown incredibly over the past three years due to other organizations closing their doors. SEPRA current has almost 60 babies in foster care with 10-15 waiting on placement. Many of these animals are voluntary surrenders from families who just can't afford to keep them. Many are found homeless, and injured. They have currently suspended all intakes due to their unfortunate situation so many dogs are languishing in kill shelters or left on the streets. The organization's vet bills are skyrocketing to unbelievable amounts because their hearts are much bigger than their budget right now.
My family can attest to their unending love and devotion to the animals as we adopted a 6 month old baby from them 2 years ago. Our baby, Bentley, had been abused in his former home and had his leg broken without any care for almost a week. SEPRA took him in on a voluntary surrender and paid the bills to have his shattered right fron leg amputated. He is now a 2 year old cutie who is the sunshine of our lives.
SEPRA is currently facing a financial crisis like they have never endured before. They need YOUR help either financially or in the form of volunteers to foster or adopt animals, or just transport fosters to and from vet appointments and foster homes. Anything you can give of your time or financially would help this organization to help other homeless pets. Please visit the SEPRA website at www.rescuepug.com to see some of the wonderful work they do and to donate your time or a few dollars.

I have added a picture of our little guy after his first surgery - when they thought they might be able to save his leg- I have also posted a picture (several posts down) of him right after his surgery when they took his leg.

Attached Thumbnails

• sammie2.jpg

Edited by justagirl, 30 April 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#2 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:18 PM

Hope you get LOTS of volunteers or $$!
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#3 justagirl

justagirl

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

Hope you get LOTS of volunteers or $$!

Thank you!! I spent much of the day searching the internet for grants for rescue groups! I had no idea there were so many. Hopefully, at least one or two will be able to help financially. But, of course there is still more help needed besides money (of course all donations are greatly appreciated) They need foster moms, people willing to drive pets to their vet appointments, etc... They do so much and it is all volunteer!

#4 Catherine FCP GA

Catherine FCP GA

Paulding Com member

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:47 PM

My husband and I were looking for a pug because we lost one about 6 years ago. I was excited but they wont adopt to us because we have a Husky which is considered a large breed dog.... Sometimes a forever GREAT home is passed up.. :(

#5 justagirl

justagirl

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

As we see the devastation of the storms remember all of the pets that are lost or given up after events such as this. Please give to a shelter or rescue organization today.

#6 justagirl

justagirl

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

My husband and I were looking for a pug because we lost one about 6 years ago. I was excited but they wont adopt to us because we have a Husky which is considered a large breed dog.... Sometimes a forever GREAT home is passed up.. :(

I'm so sorry! That's true- sometimes forever homes are passed up.

In their defense they are dealing with puppies who usuallky have some sort of traumatic history and they're just trying to make sure they are going to be the priority. Obviously not saying you wouldn't have been a fantastic family because I'm sure you would have been it's just hard to be in their shoes and make the selections for homes!

#7 bh67

bh67

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

I'm so sorry! That's true- sometimes forever homes are passed up.

In their defense they are dealing with puppies who usuallky have some sort of traumatic history and they're just trying to make sure they are going to be the priority. Obviously not saying you wouldn't have been a fantastic family because I'm sure you would have been it's just hard to be in their shoes and make the selections for homes!

Do you know Robbie Sibley? She does them, they come to her very abused and she nurtures them. I can see why these dogs might not be right for some situations. Had I not seen it first hand I would have thought like most, they will be fine with another dog. They are so pitiful when she first gets them. Bruce
We only have one life, so live it to the fullest!

#8 justagirl

justagirl

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:25 AM

Do you know Robbie Sibley? She does them, they come to her very abused and she nurtures them. I can see why these dogs might not be right for some situations. Had I not seen it first hand I would have thought like most, they will be fine with another dog. They are so pitiful when she first gets them. Bruce

I don't know Robbie but those volunteers/fosters are amazing people!! I don't know that I could handle seeing them in the shape, that so many of them are in, when they first come to the rescue group. It's like the little one we adopted- when he first got there they thought was he must have been kicked or thrown or something to that effect- his little ed was shattered in several different places (and he less than 6 months old at the time) They thought they might be able to save his leg but they weren't. So this little guy had to lose his leg at less than 6 months old because someone was mean to him! But he has brought us so much joy! He is really a special little guy and a lot of that has to do with fostering he received while he was being cared for through all of his surgeries!

#9 justagirl

justagirl

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

This is a picture of our little guy right after he had his surgery and before we adopted him.

Attached Thumbnails

• sammie3.jpg

#10 justagirl

justagirl

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

shameless bump
:)

#11 curiousgifts

curiousgifts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

Are you still interested in Pug? I would be happy to give you a female pug if interested. I don't know her age or her past. I will say she is very cute and has a great personality . Her color is in gray tones. ( my husband say's she looks like the Pug in a movie called "Men in Black"

My direct e-mail is curiousgifts@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics