16 replies to this topic

#1 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,354 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

can anyone give me directions how to get there? I am in New hope, thank you :hi:
Posted Image

#2 southernscarlett

southernscarlett

Super Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,038 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

can anyone give me directions how to get there? I am in New hope, thank you :hi:

Go hwy 61 north out of Dallas to High Shoals Rd on your left, at the top of the hill after you cross Pumpkinvine creek (across from a little store)
go till you see High Shoals Church at the fork of the road. Park in the parking lot and cross the road to the cemetery on the left side of the road and follow the trail
[size="3"] [/size]

#3 Mrs. Jack Russell

Mrs. Jack Russell

BUE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:17 AM

Take some pictures and share them here. I haven't been there in forever.
I think God will have prepared everything for our perfect happiness. If it takes my dog being there [in Heaven], I believe he'll be there.

Rev. Billy Graham

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 200 Images Photography

200 Images Photography

Paulding Com member

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:25 AM

I have had several photo session there and its so pretty.

Posted Image
200 Images Photography "Affordable on site" You choose your backdrop
Specializing in Family Portraits, High School Seniors, Maternity,Weddings, Events etc. Starting at $95
Call January 678-476-2263/Website:photographer in Atlanta Ga

#5 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,354 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:58 AM

thank you, I had no idea they were there till someone posted a pic on facebook. I am looking forward to taking the kids out there :yahoo:
Posted Image

#6 D-Cinco

D-Cinco

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:09 AM

thank you, I had no idea they were there till someone posted a pic on facebook. I am looking forward to taking the kids out there :yahoo:

Watch out for snakes! Last time we went back there it was overgrown beside the path and looked very welcoming for our friends of the serpent variety :) It is pretty though. We had gymnastics pictures made there when the boys competed. They hauled a balance beam out there (it weighed several hundred pounds), sat it in the water and took pictures on it. They were gorgeous!

#7 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,354 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:26 AM

Watch out for snakes! Last time we went back there it was overgrown beside the path and looked very welcoming for our friends of the serpent variety :) It is pretty though. We had gymnastics pictures made there when the boys competed. They hauled a balance beam out there (it weighed several hundred pounds), sat it in the water and took pictures on it. They were gorgeous!

snakes? :huh: i can't be dealing with no snakes :nea: :lol:
Posted Image

#8 SoapMom

SoapMom

Changing the world, one soap bar at a time!

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,909 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

I so miss visiting that place. :(
"The fool says in his heart: 'There is no God' (Psalm 14:1). There is, however, another type of fool, more dangerous and sure of himself, who says in his heart and proclaims to all the world: 'There is no God but mine'." ~Joseph Campbell

"Normal? Ha! There is no normal. There is only varying degrees of weird." ~ SoapMom, 2006

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." ~ Thomas Jefferson

#9 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 20,963 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

I'm really going to try to visit here soon!!

Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#10 Mary's Endless Yard Sale

Mary's Endless Yard Sale

Paulding Com member

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

We have been several times now. We always take our dog and she loves it. There is 1 picnic table. We like to catch it when there is nobody else there, but it's hard to do. Don't forget bug spray.

#11 CarolineElizabeth

CarolineElizabeth

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,618 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

I took my kids this weekend. I almost do not want to say how awesome it was bc I do not want it to get crowded :) We had a picnic and they all wore their swimsuits and had a blast. It was so fun. I can not believe I have waited all of these years to go.

#12 Incabiker

Incabiker

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:44 AM

Make sure to scout the area before taking the kids..... teenagers do some nasty things at the top of the falls. I have so far twice witnessed people at the top of the falls with out clothes on engaging in some serious hanky panky...... then my dog goes and chases them around.. lol. What are they thinking?

#13 CarolineElizabeth

CarolineElizabeth

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,618 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

That is gross. I would think it would be teens smoking pot there.

#14 Incabiker

Incabiker

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

That is gross. I would think it would be teens smoking pot there.

Maybe they did before I got there.. lol. But I walked up there one time on my birthday at the end of August and some guy was getting his knob polished right on top of the falls.. my dog sneaked up there and barked at them and they both about had a stroke (bet that ruined it for him)... I didn't say anything to them and just walked away. If I had my kids with me that would have been very weird and I would have been furious.

#15 Pearly Baker

Pearly Baker

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:58 AM

And, PLEEEEEEASE take your garbage home with you. I live right in front of the falls, and every year it gets so nasty from people leaving styrofoam containers, cups, beer cans/bottles, dirty socks, diapers, etc when they leave. There are no trash receptacles, so it is up to all of us to keep it nice and clean. Thanks!!! :)
Life's a garden...dig it!

#16 b717doc

b717doc

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

Great place for a "Zip Line"....tie one end off at the top of the falls, run it down to the tree past the picnic table...Would Be a BLAST!!!!
Classic Brit Bike restoration
Atlanta Falcons Fan
Aircraft Buff

#17 Subby's Mower Repair

Subby's Mower Repair

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,091 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:58 PM

And, PLEEEEEEASE take your garbage home with you. I live right in front of the falls, and every year it gets so nasty from people leaving styrofoam containers, cups, beer cans/bottles, dirty socks, diapers, etc when they leave. There are no trash receptacles, so it is up to all of us to keep it nice and clean. Thanks!!! :)

What she said!!!! ;) Please keep it clean and pretty folks!! :) Having spent some time there, it really is a natural wonder, very awe-inspiring, indeed!! Please treat it as such. ;)
Glenn's Mower & Small Engine RepairPhone: 678-315-8794Email: glennsmowerrepair@gmail.comtWebsite:http://glennsmowerrepairs.webs.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics