Recent Topics Recent Topics

Photo
- - - - -

Neighbor's dog keep pooping in my yard...any laws..?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Kim770

Kim770

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:29 PM

I'm so tired of my neighbor's dog pooping in my yard. I live here in my subdivision for 7 years since they first built my circle. My next door neighbor moved in 2 years ago. Never had problem with them until they got a dog. They have no respect at all because I went to there house and asked them nicely if they could clean up after their dog but still they continue to let their dog poop on my front lawn. Now on there front lawn it's so disgusting. Since they've got the dog 7 months ago, I've seen them only pick up the poop once WTH! An the smell is so YUCK! It's got to the point I don't let my kids play outside in the front anymore cause it stinks and they have stepped in their dog poop. I just take them to the park now.

On the week of the server weather I caught them letting their dog take a dump next to my mailbox. They look at me and smile and continue to take snow and cover it! Now today I caught them also. As I was heading out I heard one of them say "hurry get the dog" then they went inside, so I took my dogs who are on a leash to the backyard. Well when I return back to the front yard their it was they left a pile of poop on my lawn. They were trying to be sneeky today..ARGG and the bad thing is I never have my camera around when all this is happening.

So do Paulding County have a law about dog feces littering and who do I call to file a complaint to. Their so rude I don't think putting up a no dog pooping sign will help.

#2 Mariposa

Mariposa

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

Can you get a shovel and throw the poop back in their yard? :pardon:

#3 Kim770

Kim770

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

Can you get a shovel and throw the poop back in their yard? :pardon:

I've done that but they don't care

#4 MeWhoElse

MeWhoElse

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Or their mailbox...

Posted Image

~~Just so you know, GNAT is spelled with a G and not a K~~

Disclaimer: I look nothing like my avatar...

#5 Kim770

Kim770

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

Or their mailbox...

LOL, I would love to do that but I think it would cause a war :blink:

#6 tuscanytrailer

tuscanytrailer

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

Dump it on their front porch.
That's what my brother-in-law did, and he is the Home Owner's president.
That stopped it real fast!

#7 Nitro

Nitro

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

I doubt there is a law that especially says a neighbors dog can't poop in your yard,
but Paulding does have a leash law and it's very doubtful this dog is on a controlled leash
while pooping in your yard. So, call animal control and file a complaint.
Take pictures or video if you can. Maybe after the owners get hit with a few tickets for leash
laws, they might straighten up.

I would refrain from throwing poop anywhere, back at them.
If you dump it over their fence and they call law enforcement in,
how are you going to prove that it was their dogs poop that you are throwing
on their property? Also, throwing on their porch, etc? BAD idea.
If they see you and take pictures of you doing that, then you're gonna get nailed for vandalism.

#8 Kim770

Kim770

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:02 PM

So is their no law in Paulding that says you have a certain amount of time from the time they poop to pick it up? I know some states have that. And yes their dog sometime isn't on the leash and sometime they are on the leash but the owner makes his/her way to my lawn even when dog is on the leash. If the housing market wasn't so bad I would sell my house in a heartbeat cause I can't stand it anymore.

#9 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

I think there is a statement in the leash law saying that if your animal defecates on public or private property that is not yours that you must immediately pick it up with a plastic bag and dispose of it properly. This is not the exact wording but pretty close.

#10 Jennie

Jennie

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

I feel for you. Isn't there something you can put in your yard that would cause the dog to not want to poop in your yard. Like using larger predator pee like a bobcat or something. Not sure if that is available but I would think that would detour them not to want to even come near your yard. Good luck!

Jennie

#11 stbarts

stbarts

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

They need to pick up after their dog .
Maybe they are my old neighbors who moved away !
Let them know their dog poop can contaminate the stormwater .

Here is what Paulding says about animals .
http://www.paulding....dex.aspx?NID=85

#12 Subby's Mower Repair

Subby's Mower Repair

Grease Monkey

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,093 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

I would consider a low powered BB gun....not for the dog, btw, if you know what I mean? This thread made me think of Me, Myself, & Irene, when Jim Carry's character took a dump on his neighbor's lawn. :lol: Of course, you could always go over there late at night and pour a generous helping of deer-lure on their front porch...if you think dog poop stinks??? Try that stuff!! :lol:
Glenn's Mower & Small Engine Repair Phone: 678-315-8794 Email: glennsmowerrepair@gmail.com Website: http://glennsmowerrepairs.webs.com/

#13 eym_sirius

eym_sirius

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,726 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

Anybody have a recipe for faux poo?

#14 Kim770

Kim770

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

Thanks guys, I will call animal control tomorrow. Sounds good, hope they get hit with a big fine.

#15 dapandlap

dapandlap

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

Let their dog finish pooping, then while they are still in sight of the pile in question, scoop it up with a shovel, and fling onto their front door, car, or house windows while they are watching. Smile and wave as you retreat back to your property. :pardon:

#16 DreamGirl

DreamGirl

Live. Hope. Dream.

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

Put out moth balls...it works pretty well.
You just have to keep putting the moth balls out, esp if it rains.

Sent you a PM.

#17 C_Watkins

C_Watkins

Icon

• +Member plus Orange
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

Install a few sprinkler heads down there, with a remote switch inside the house.
Any time they come near, hit the sprinklers.
They'll get the message. Promise.

#18 LPPT

LPPT

Super Icon

• +PBA Business
  • 26,539 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:15 PM

May I suggest a very large piece of plywood.
Make a sign telling the whole neighborhood what they are doing.
I would be more than happy to come out and interview you and your sign for a news story.
Perhaps even start piling the waste on a small platform in front of the sign.
If you would like to take home video of them allowing the dog to do this I will include it in the story.
  • firehouse likes this

#19 BeatBoxinGranny47

BeatBoxinGranny47

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:22 PM

Invest in a BB gun. After a few shots he should learn his lesson.

#20 Subby's Mower Repair

Subby's Mower Repair

Grease Monkey

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,093 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:29 PM

Like I said....and of course if you're the kind of person I can "sometimes" be, just walk out there and slap the total piss outa them....or make them think you're about to. ;)
Glenn's Mower & Small Engine Repair Phone: 678-315-8794 Email: glennsmowerrepair@gmail.com Website: http://glennsmowerrepairs.webs.com/

#21 Jet_man1969

Jet_man1969

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

I would consider a low powered BB gun....not for the dog, btw, if you know what I mean? This thread made me think of Me, Myself, & Irene, when Jim Carry's character took a dump on his neighbor's lawn. :lol: Of course, you could always go over there late at night and pour a generous helping of deer-lure on their front porch...if you think dog poop stinks??? Try that stuff!! :lol:

I was going to suggest a steel jawed coyote trap, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was going to suggest a steel jawed coyote trap, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#22 denisedaisy33

denisedaisy33

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

This happened with one of our neighbors and early in the morning we loaded it all up and flung it all up and down their driveway. It stopped after that.

#23 Elwood

Elwood

Paulding Com member

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

Your first complaint should be filed with the neighbors which should be self evident. After that if nothing is done then call authorities, anything else is just being a total #$%@#$.

Or their mailbox...

Pretty sure that is a violation of federal law. Don't think you're allowed to place anything is someone's mailbox unless you are a mail carrier.

Dump it on their front porch.
That's what my brother-in-law did, and he is the Home Owner's president.
That stopped it real fast!

That would be vandalism, not to mention classless.

Posted Image

Of course the government keeps its promises! Don't worry about a thing...

If you need a list to protect your children you're not a very good parent.

Life is not sterile.
Just because bad things happen to good people doesn't mean they didn't deserve it.

Even the best fall down sometimes.

Stay away from broken people.

#24 Elwood

Elwood

Paulding Com member

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

Let their dog finish pooping, then while they are still in sight of the pile in question, scoop it up with a shovel, and fling onto their front door, car, or house windows while they are watching. Smile and wave as you retreat back to your property. :pardon:

Vandalism and I'm pretty sure they could tack on some aggravated assault charges as well as willful destruction of private property . Not to mention emotional distress from having their house bombarded with fecal matter of unknown origins.

Animal cruelty...if you intend them to shoot the animal or the owner.

Posted Image

Of course the government keeps its promises! Don't worry about a thing...

If you need a list to protect your children you're not a very good parent.

Life is not sterile.
Just because bad things happen to good people doesn't mean they didn't deserve it.

Even the best fall down sometimes.

Stay away from broken people.

#25 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,354 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

airhorn :unsure: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Posted Image

#26 MeWhoElse

MeWhoElse

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

Pretty sure that is a violation of federal law. Don't think you're allowed to place anything is someone's mailbox unless you are a mail carrier.

It was a joke... :rolleyes: :pardon:

airhorn

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted Image

~~Just so you know, GNAT is spelled with a G and not a K~~

Disclaimer: I look nothing like my avatar...

#27 Kim770

Kim770

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

Put out moth balls...it works pretty well.
You just have to keep putting the moth balls out, esp if it rains.

Sent you a PM.

Thanks will try that.:good:

I would love to do all the stuff everyone mention, flinging poops, BB gun( which we have already) but I think I'm going to avoid those LOL. My neighbors are the type of people that likes to start trouble and I think this would result in one of us having to move, or someone ending up in jail :pardon:

#28 Nitro

Nitro

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

So is their no law in Paulding that says you have a certain amount of time from the time they poop to pick it up? I know some states have that. And yes their dog sometime isn't on the leash and sometime they are on the leash but the owner makes his/her way to my lawn even when dog is on the leash. If the housing market wasn't so bad I would sell my house in a heartbeat cause I can't stand it anymore.

If the neighbor himself/herself is in control of the leash and coming on to your property,
then they are trespassing. You've already asked them to cease.
You could easy go swear out a warrant and have them arrested for trespassing.

Video and pictures are your very best friend in a matter like this.

Retaliation, although VERY tempting, is going to do nothing but get you in trouble.

#29 Shananigans

Shananigans

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:59 AM

If you aren't going to take any of the great advice you've heard here let me know and I'll come take care of it. I'm unemployed, bored and pissy......

Edited by Shananigans, 25 January 2011 - 12:59 AM.

#30 Guest_Oscar_*

Guest_Oscar_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:14 AM

Install a few sprinkler heads down there, with a remote switch inside the house.
Any time they come near, hit the sprinklers.
They'll get the message. Promise.

If you aren't going to take any of the great advice you've heard here let me know and I'll come take care of it. I'm unemployed, bored and pissy......

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#31 Mariposa

Mariposa

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

It could be worse. At least its just the yard. My aunt had a crazy dog that would back up against the house to poop, leaving a clod stuck on the house. Everyone in the neighborhood had poop clods on the exterior of their houses.

#32 MJF

MJF

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

clods... lol ive got this picture... lol
Go ahead and try to rip me to shreds... to late Im already in too small of pieces to be ripped anymore.

#33 babyblues

babyblues

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:11 PM

Do you have a window that faces the front yard. If so set us a video camera in the window that they can see. Even if you don't record anything have it turned on so the red light is glowing. Also, if you want to really be mean get a poster board and put up a sign that says Smile your on Candid Camera, also, put no trespassing on the sign. Maybe they will get the hint and leave you and your yard alone.

#34 Kim770

Kim770

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:43 PM

So I've got them on video today! Yippie, gonna go file a complaint now and yes dog was on a leash and they walked their dog to my lawn. :yahoo:

#35 MJF

MJF

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

So I've got them on video today! Yippie, gonna go file a complaint now and yes dog was on a leash and they walked their dog to my lawn. :yahoo:

You can not be serious.... OMG was the person all the way in your yard too? or the dog just wander over.. Im trying to picture this.

We also have a neighbors dog that poops in our yard. She stands in her yard and calls the dog if she sees us. I can not say a word becasue our cat wanders too. So I would never rock the boat cause she is our meanest neighbor. (a long story attached to that)
Go ahead and try to rip me to shreds... to late Im already in too small of pieces to be ripped anymore.

#36 Kim770

Kim770

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

Animal control is sending someone out they said. Wonder if they will be fine or just warned..And yes they walked the dog all the way to my lawn

#37 lacey

lacey

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,811 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:58 PM

I have had trouble with my neighbor. The guy from animal control told me that if I get it on video or a picture then she will be fined for each animal that is on my property....and she has 3.

So they should fine your neighbor since you have it on video.

My neighbor has been warned at least 3 times. But that is because it is when I have not had my camera on my to get a photo so there was no proof. So they would only warn her.

#38 jenilyn

jenilyn

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:04 PM

It could be worse. At least its just the yard. My aunt had a crazy dog that would back up against the house to poop, leaving a clod stuck on the house. Everyone in the neighborhood had poop clods on the exterior of their houses.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry but that is hysterical!
No man ever stands taller than when he kneels to help another.

If they laugh at you because you're different, laugh at them because they're all the same.

#39 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,354 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:27 PM

see you should have run out the door with the air horn, that would have been hilarious :rofl:
Posted Image

#40 K96W8

K96W8

Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

You can not be serious.... OMG was the person all the way in your yard too? or the dog just wander over.. Im trying to picture this.

We also have a neighbors dog that poops in our yard. She stands in her yard and calls the dog if she sees us. I can not say a word becasue our cat wanders too. So I would never rock the boat cause she is our meanest neighbor. (a long story attached to that)

The stuff the cats leave is worse--we get both. Cats several times left puke or poop in cushioned chairs on porch. Kid sat in it once--yuck! I have one cushion left.

The neighbor's dog is very polite and goes home when I ask him to leave. Too bad his owners aren't responsible enough to keep him home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics