21 replies to this topic

#1 Dar58147

Dar58147

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:38 AM

There is a good possibility we will be moving back to Paulding County in the near future. could anyone give me some recommendatons for a good and reasonable garbage pickup service?

Thanks!!
What goes around, comes around!!!

#2 ignoreme

ignoreme

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:40 AM

Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...

Oh, and in case I forgot to mention ... Davis Disposal

You only need two tools in life; WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the duct tape.

#3 Dar58147

Dar58147

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...Davis Disposal ... Davis Disposal ...

Oh, and in case I forgot to mention ... Davis Disposal

Do you have a number for them? I am getting up a list and giving to hubby so he can contact, get info, etc. (will be good honey-do project, ya think? :lol:)

#4 Clio

Clio

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

Had Trash Taxi when I lived in Paulding. Never missed a pickup, and would take all the grass clippings and anything else I put next to the can for no extra charge.

However, if you ever leave / discontinue your service, good luck getting them to come get the can. Been trying since May to get them to come get it :wacko:
It is never too late to be what you might have been---George Eliot

Some people dream of having a big swimming pool. With me, it's closets---Audrey Hepburn

The world breaks everyone, and afterward many are strong in the broken places---Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

26+6=1

#5 ignoreme

ignoreme

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:49 AM

pm sent

You only need two tools in life; WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the duct tape.

#6 Sellersgirl1012

Sellersgirl1012

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

BLD is who we use and they have been great.

#7 ignoreme

ignoreme

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

They drive cray people through our neighborhood. :angry:

"They" = BLD

#8 Sellersgirl1012

Sellersgirl1012

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:33 PM

They drive cray people through our neighborhood. :angry:

"They" = BLD

What do you mean?

#9 MsGaStorm

MsGaStorm

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:35 PM

We have used Waste Industries for years and love them, so do many homes in our neighborhood. Our container is picked up weekly. If your pick-up day lands on a holiday then you are not "skipped", your pick up day will be the next day. We usually get a note in the mailbox as a reminder the week before a holiday, but they only take 6 per year. They also offer recycling. Our billing is quarterly. http://www.waste-ind.com

"Either fate IS funny or God has a FANTASTIC sense of humor!!" - Me

"We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be." - Angel

#10 CarolineElizabeth

CarolineElizabeth

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,620 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:36 PM

We have used Waste Industries for years and love them, so do many homes in our neighborhood. Our container is picked up weekly. If your pick-up day lands on a holiday then you are not "skipped", your pick up day will be the next day. We usually get a note in the mailbox as a reminder the week before a holiday, but they only take 6 per year. They also offer recycling. Our billing is quarterly. http://www.waste-ind.com

We use them too and they have recycling which many others do not

#11 CPC

CPC

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

Had Trash Taxi when I lived in Paulding. Never missed a pickup, and would take all the grass clippings and anything else I put next to the can for no extra charge.

However, if you ever leave / discontinue your service, good luck getting them to come get the can. Been trying since May to get them to come get it :wacko:

Should make an excellent rain barrel.

#12 ignoreme

ignoreme

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

They fly through here with no regard for the speed limit or the safety of the kids that live and play here.

What do you mean?

#13 bp csr

bp csr

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

Paulding Waste Removal - Villa Rica Highway picks up ours. Pretty good service

#14 Just thinkin' hard

Just thinkin' hard

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:27 PM

hated Waste industries - fired them about 3 months ago. If they have recycling - it's new. I have several friends still with Waste Industries and they don't have recycling.

I changed to NEWS service. They've been lovely. Consistent on time - offer recycling with a provided bin. Talked with the owner one day and was very impressed - $42 a quarter (much cheaper than I was paying with Waste Industries).
Posted Image

#15 footballbeerchic

footballbeerchic

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,275 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:30 PM

I lerv Waste Industries. We've had them over 2 years with recycling service but stopped the recycling & started taking ours to Nebo elementary.
I have a gun, bag, shovel & 10 acres. No one will miss you.

So who are you to wave your finger?
Who are you to wave your fatty fingers at me?
You must have been out your mind

#16 Sellersgirl1012

Sellersgirl1012

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:36 PM

They fly through here with no regard for the speed limit or the safety of the kids that live and play here.

Really? They come through our subdivision so early in the morning that my trash is long gone before I ever leave the house at 7am!!! I never even see them :ninja:
I would call them. That's one of the things I have always like about them. Someone always answers the phone anytime I have had to call for anything.

#17 NavyEagle#1

NavyEagle#1

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:42 PM

Trash Taxi just flew threw here a bit ago... I use Veterans and they are nice folks and do a nice job at a reasonable price.

Posted Image.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep --
not screaming, like the passengers in his car"
It is time to vote every Paulding elected official out of office and get rid of the good ole boy system.

Do your part and vote them out ! !

Better to have a new clown in the office, then to let the current ones continue to rule.

#18 Dar58147

Dar58147

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

Thanks everyone!!! This gives me lots of info...knew I could depend on you guys!! :good:

#19 onegrlme

onegrlme

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:13 PM

Why the heck are you moving back to Paulding? NoNo J/K

I have trash taxi as well and they will pick up anything. I have even been late on a bill a time or two and they are great.

Edited by onegrlme, 10 November 2010 - 04:14 PM.

I am a flip flop summer kinda girl. I live at the beach 24/7 in my mind.

#20 Dar58147

Dar58147

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:29 PM

Why the heck are you moving back to Paulding? NoNo J/K

I have trash taxi as well and they will pick up anything. I have even been late on a bill a time or two and they are great.

Well, Paulding is home. My family is here. Born & raised here. No matter where I may live-Paulding is home... :wub:

Thanks for the info! I have a pretty good list for hubby to check on..

#21 Spic & Span Cleaning

Spic & Span Cleaning

Paulding Com member

• +PBA Business
  • 472 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:40 PM

I don't necessarily pick up trash, BUT over 50% of your trash is recyclable.
I pick up recycling weekly and provide the bin to put it in. You also do not
have to "sort" any of it. I even accept all colors of glass; batteries, and ALL
#'s of PLASTICS! I can offer you a coupon for $3.00 off your first 3 months of service.
That would be $7.00 per month.

Thank you,
Cristina Couch
Couch Recycling Service
"A woman owned & operated business"

**Spic & Span Cleaning**

404-844-9904

1cristinacouch@gmail.com

~call for quotes~

hardworking, trustworthy and reliable with excellent references!

#22 CMarkWillix

CMarkWillix

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,870 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

I don't necessarily pick up trash, BUT over 50% of your trash is recyclable.
I pick up recycling weekly and provide the bin to put it in. You also do not
have to "sort" any of it. I even accept all colors of glass; batteries, and ALL
#'s of PLASTICS! I can offer you a coupon for $3.00 off your first 3 months of service.
That would be $7.00 per month.

Thank you,
Cristina Couch
Couch Recycling Service
"A woman owned & operated business"

And you'd be supporting a local business not to mention a Commerce Member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics