56 replies to this topic

#1 Jet_man1969

Jet_man1969

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

I just got a text message from a friend about a kid with a gun and the school was on lockdown, anyone heard or can verify this before my heart chokes me because its in my throat?

#2 luvtennis5

luvtennis5

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,455 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:19 AM

Haven't heard nothing, but prayers for everyone if it is true. What are kids thinking.

#3 havnfun

havnfun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:20 AM

I just got a text message from a friend about a kid with a gun and the school was on lockdown, anyone heard or can verify this before my heart chokes me because its in my throat?

My wife just called from work & our son is a junior at NPHS. He text my wife the same. No further details yet.

#4 TNlamb

TNlamb

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:20 AM

The coach said everything's under control and this was "greatly exaggerated." He said that in an email just a few minutes ago.

#5 K96W8

K96W8

Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:21 AM

I heard a kid said they were bringing a gun--lots of police there and on lock down.

#6 Callahan171

Callahan171

Paulding Com member

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:21 AM

no it is not... I just called the school they said no they are not on lockdown and that everything is fine there

#7 Jet_man1969

Jet_man1969

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:26 AM

The coach said everything's under control and this was "greatly exaggerated." He said that in an email just a few minutes ago.

Thanks, Guess I should check my email! I did get another text saying they got the kid and all is ok :)

#8 TNlamb

TNlamb

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:29 AM

Thanks, Guess I should check my email! I did get another text saying they got the kid and all is ok :)

He didn't send it on the mass email, he sent it to a friend who emailed him about this and she read it to me over the phone.

#9 UTfanInGa

UTfanInGa

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:30 AM

Just CRAZY, isn't it? My son goes to a school that has been on lock down on numerous occasions(Lithia Springs High school). I am happy that all turned out well. In this day and time, you really never know. I "want" to homeschool my son the rest of the way, but my meddling ex mother in law thinks that I am not capable of doing so. Anyway, that's another story for another day. I am just glad that the kids are ok.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

Posted Image">My link

Posted Image">My link

#10 Jet_man1969

Jet_man1969

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:31 AM

He didn't send it on the mass email, he sent it to a friend who emailed him about this and she read it to me over the phone.

HA! I figured it out when I had no email :lol: :lol: How was "dinner" last night?

#11 TNlamb

TNlamb

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:35 AM

HA! I figured it out when I had no email :lol: :lol: How was "dinner" last night?

It was great we all had a great time, took a zillion pics of the boys playing "redneck polo" in the pool! :rofl: :rofl:
Was yours here??? :ninja:

#12 Jet_man1969

Jet_man1969

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:37 AM

It was great we all had a great time, took a zillion pics of the boys playing "redneck polo" in the pool! :rofl: :rofl:
Was yours here??? :ninja:

No mamm, He was at another host house. Thanks for doing that, Very nice of you guys.

#13 maxine

maxine

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:38 AM

I am here at NPHS today subbing. ALL IS FINE here..!!! There were SEVERAL deputies here earlier.. before the first bell rang.. but everything has been taken care of. We are having at beautiful day here in WOLFPACK country !! No worries !!

#14 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

So everything is fine at NPHS???

#15 maxine

maxine

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:43 AM

NO lockdowns... everything is great !!

#16 markdavd

markdavd

Sawdust Creator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,736 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:44 AM

Maybe the OP can change the title to prevent panic. . .
I read recently that "most of today's reporters and journalists are no better than used car salesmen. When they're working, you just know they're lying to you." My first thought is that's an insult to used car salesmen!

#17 TNlamb

TNlamb

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:46 AM

No mamm, He was at another host house. Thanks for doing that, Very nice of you guys.

We love that kind of stuff, the things they say and the stories they tell at that age...priceless! Once they get a lil older they clam up, so we are enjoying it while we can! Your welcome! :D

Maybe the OP can change the title to prevent panic. . .

That would be great!

#18 Jet_man1969

Jet_man1969

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

How ?

#19 K96W8

K96W8

Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

I am here at NPHS today subbing. ALL IS FINE here..!!! There were SEVERAL deputies here earlier.. before the first bell rang.. but everything has been taken care of. We are having at beautiful day here in WOLFPACK country !! No worries !!

Now that I know you're there and confirming everything is ok I feel much better. Thank you!

#20 Tahoe

Tahoe

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:50 AM

I just talked to a friend whose husband works at the Sheriff office. They got the boy and he was not at school when they got him. Everything is fine....

Whew, that was scary!! My child goes there!

Prayers for this boy and his family....
"Obama is not a Leader, he is a Ruler." Neal Bortz

Every trial we face is a trial of our Faith.
God will close your walls in to make you look to Him

"Non-Liberal" because not everyone can be on welfare...edited at the request of p.com police

If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there'd be a shortage of sand. —Milton Friedman

#21 K96W8

K96W8

Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

How ?

I think you go to edit--then full edit and you can change title. Or just ask Boss Hogg--he will do it for you fast!

#22 Lucky64

Lucky64

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,688 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

Okay if they got the boy before he even went to school then why was it locked down if it was?

I'm happy that nothing happened and that all the students and faculty are safe and sound!

#23 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:54 AM

Does anyone know who this boy is? Hopefully my heart will stop beating so hard in a second.

#24 maxine

maxine

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:00 AM

I do know.... but can't say.... sorry.

Okay if they got the boy before he even went to school then why was it locked down if it was?

I'm happy that nothing happened and that all the students and faculty are safe and sound!

We were never on lockdown.

#25 Lucky64

Lucky64

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,688 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:02 AM

Thank you!

#26 Jet_man1969

Jet_man1969

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,280 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:03 AM

YAYY thanks mods!

#27 K96W8

K96W8

Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:04 AM

Why do you think the kids were sending message saying they were?

#28 UTfanInGa

UTfanInGa

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:05 AM

There is just so much craziness going on in this world. Thank goodness the boy didn't make it to school, if he did indeed threaten to do something today. My ex mother in law wonders why I want to homeschool. Well here is just one of many reasons, and the fact that all Douglas co. High schools are not up to par (all 4 on needs improvement list).
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

Posted Image">My link

Posted Image">My link

#29 kay_bear52

kay_bear52

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:05 AM

Thank you for clearing up the details. My coworkers son goes there and she has been worried

#30 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

Sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the spot. I tried to send a pm but it didn't go through. I know you can't say, I was just worried because my son goes to North.

#31 mrsdavidj6

mrsdavidj6

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

Why do you think the kids were sending message saying they were?

Because they're kids.

I am noticing that my friends believe every single word out of the kids mouths without taking into account that kids - being kids (including teens) - exaggerate/dramatize. They're not being mean about it - just the nature of the age/emotions/maturity. And, if most of my friends would be adults, stop & take one deep breath, and not jump on what the kids say, we'd all be much better off.... :)

#32 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:20 AM

Because they're kids.

I am noticing that my friends believe every single word out of the kids mouths without taking into account that kids - being kids (including teens) - exaggerate/dramatize. They're not being mean about it - just the nature of the age/emotions/maturity. And, if most of my friends would be adults, stop & take one deep breath, and not jump on what the kids say, we'd all be much better off.... :)

My son gets aggravated with me because I'm constantly questioning things I hear, and saying I don't believe that really happened that way. I don't think he lies to me, I just don't think I always get the whole story. He forgets that I have already raised two sons that are in their 30's. He's always saying I take the other person's or teacher's side, he'll understand someday.

#33 K96W8

K96W8

Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

Because they're kids.

People here and on facebook got that message--so something must have made them think that. I was asking maxine what she thought about it--since she was there. It wasn't my kid--but I usually do believe what he tells me.

#34 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:34 AM

People here and on facebook got that message--so something must have made them think that. I was asking maxine what she thought about it--since she was there. It wasn't my kid--but I usually do believe what he tells me.

It sure would be great to know what really happened wouldn't it, since after all we do have children there.

#35 mrsdavidj6

mrsdavidj6

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:40 AM

Probably because the kids saw the police there &, Maxine posted there were several, kids assumed multiple police = lockdown???? Possible. :blush:

#36 mrsdavidj6

mrsdavidj6

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:44 AM

My son gets aggravated with me because I'm constantly questioning things I hear, and saying I don't believe that really happened that way. I don't think he lies to me, I just don't think I always get the whole story. He forgets that I have already raised two sons that are in their 30's. He's always saying I take the other person's or teacher's side, he'll understand someday.

Yeah, my kiddo said that in the past, too. I've always told him I believe/trust him until I have a reason not to, but, he is the product of an older mom, so, I've watched others. And, seriously, as I talk to moms and listen & watch the outcome (usually with no apologies to the affected person) - so much is blown outta proportion that could be handled by taking a deep breath & finding out the facts......

#37 K96W8

K96W8

Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

Probably because the kids saw the police there &, Maxine posted there were several, kids assumed multiple police = lockdown???? Possible. :blush:

Yes--that's what I was thinking--probably a stupid question to ask--I do that sometimes--well lots of times.

#38 cobbobig

cobbobig

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:06 AM

http://www.wsbtv.com...753/detail.html

Student Accused Of Facebook Threats Charged
Posted: 10:24 am EDT September 9, 2010

"PAULDING COUNTY, Ga. -- Officials in Paulding County said a 16-year-old North Paulding High School student has been charged after he allegedly made threats against students on Facebook.

Authorities said North Paulding High School was placed on lockdown Thursday morning while police searched the campus for the student. The student was later found at his home, police said. ..." emphasis added
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.” Ronald Reagan

#39 K96W8

K96W8

Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/24939753/detail.html

Student Accused Of Facebook Threats Charged
Posted: 10:24 am EDT September 9, 2010

"PAULDING COUNTY, Ga. -- Officials in Paulding County said a 16-year-old North Paulding High School student has been charged after he allegedly made threats against students on Facebook.

Authorities said North Paulding High School was placed on lockdown Thursday morning while police searched the campus for the student. The student was later found at his home, police said. ..." emphasis added

Thanks!

#40 maxine

maxine

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:30 AM

Thanks!

Don't know where they are getting that from. I've been here since 7:50 and we haven't been in lockdown since then. Don't know if it was something BEFORE that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics