6 replies to this topic

#1 Dallas Bigfoot

Dallas Bigfoot

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:15 AM

What's going on at the old Abney Elementary School in New Hope? There are cars there very day. Is it being used by the school district for offices? Is it adult education?

#2 tbird

tbird

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:29 AM

It is still being used as an elementary school--I think???

#3 Greatma

Greatma

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

It is being used for the Special classes that were at Mathews.

#4 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

Doesn't the sign say New Hope Education Center, or something like that? I just saw that yesterday.

#5 bookreader

bookreader

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:00 AM

It is being used for the LEAP program, which works with severely autistic children, it is also being used by the district office for professional learning center for teachers as well. The district is putting the old building to good use!
  • Palm Trees Rock likes this

#6 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

It is being used for the LEAP program, which works with severely autistic children, it is also being used by the district office for professional learning center for teachers as well. The district is putting the old building to good use!

That sounds like a great use for it. I'm glad to see they are not just letting it sit.

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

#7 workingforaliving

workingforaliving

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,891 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:39 PM

They have been having a lot of trainings in the extra classrooms. I went to one there last week!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics