117 replies to this topic

#1 dapandlap

dapandlap

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:54 AM

I haven't heard any updates on the paulding tunnels, the biggets question remains how much of the stimulus money will be used to build the tunnels?

#2 Georgia Dawg

Georgia Dawg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

None of the stimulus money is being used for the tunnel construction. Most of those funds come from the DOD and other allocations.

Posted Image

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.

It is a sign that the U.S. Government can't pay its own bills.

It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies…

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

Senator Barack Obama

#3 dapandlap

dapandlap

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

None of the stimulus money is being used for the tunnel construction. Most of those funds come from the DOD and other allocations.

Are you saying that Dept. of Defense is involved, or that would it be the dumb old dems?

#4 Georgia Dawg

Georgia Dawg

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

Are you saying that Dept. of Defense is involved, or that would it be the dumb old dems?

Yes Posted Image

Posted Image

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure.

It is a sign that the U.S. Government can't pay its own bills.

It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies…

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

Senator Barack Obama

#5 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

IIRC, we had put Animal in charge of talking to the workers and seeing about holding elected officials' feet to the fire on this. We need a status report from him.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#6 naturegirl

naturegirl

Super Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,190 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

Oh, it's going on. Never really stopped. We're just not talking about it, you know that transparency thing. :lol:
In history there are people who have had their clothes, food, housing and jobs provided to them.

Those people were called "slaves".

Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.

---Frank Lloyd Wright

#7 dapandlap

dapandlap

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

IIRC, we had put Animal in charge of talking to the workers and seeing about holding elected officials' feet to the fire on this. We need a status report from him.

Yes I agree we need to stay on top of this if we let our guard down we might loose the funding for such an important project fr the citizens of Paulding and surrounding counties.
Think about it where will we be in just a few short years down the road if we don't have our tunnels?

#8 Mr.Dis

Mr.Dis

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:05 AM

I have been working on my own spur line on my off days. :ninja:
Mr. Dis offers Professional, Reliable lawn care for all of your home's needs. Please PM for a free Quote.

I'm a Uber Hottie... LGM say's so...

I hearby give credit to the Phoenicians for the Phoenician alphabet in all my writings on PCOM

#9 The General

The General

Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:19 AM

The New Ga. hub is almost complete [ridge at 61].

#10 dapandlap

dapandlap

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

The New Ga. hub is almost complete [ridge at 61].

That's great news for the folks on the south side, we really need to get the tunnels finished to relieve the traffic in paulding, it will help by getting all the the old farts off the roads.

#11 grumps

grumps

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

That's great news for the folks on the south side, we really need to get the tunnels finished to relieve the traffic in paulding, it will help by getting all the the old farts off the roads.

How is that going to get me off the road?. Us older citizens can not use the tunnels because of night blindness, we need to be in the bright sunlight and warmth to also ease our aches an pains.

#12 dapandlap

dapandlap

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

How is that going to get me off the road?. Us older citizens can not use the tunnels because of night blindness, we need to be in the bright sunlight and warmth to also ease our aches an pains.

The scuttlebut was at one time that the new tunnels have trains with a new space age propulsion system that will get you there faster than any other mode of transportation.

#13 Animal

Animal

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,940 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:26 PM

Ok folks the workers are a little upset,they had to take some furlough days this year. All in all the spirit is pretty good,but they want to know more about there 401K is it still safe. This group of local tunnel builders of the ATBA #123 union are very strong and will continue,there moto is more dirt for your worm.Posted Image
Men are like carpets,the better you lay them the longer you can walk on them.

#14 Blondiega1

Blondiega1

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,626 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:27 PM

Ok folks the workers are a little upset,they had to take some furlough days this year. All in all the spirit is pretty good,but they want to know more about there 401K is it still safe. This group of local tunnel builders of the ATBA #123 union are very strong and will continue,there moto is more dirt for your worm.Posted Image

Ok.........that made me literally LOL!!
:rofl:

I.I.T.Y.W.I.M.W.Y.B.M.A.D.

You shall find me waiting for you in the old cemetery, under the shade of the magnolia tree.............

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

#15 dapandlap

dapandlap

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

Why did the Atlanta tunnel builders assoc. #123 get the job instead of the NWGATBA Local from Paulding/Polk getting the job.
Heads will roll for that one animal.

#16 Mr.Dis

Mr.Dis

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

Why did the Atlanta tunnel builders assoc. #123 get the job instead of the NWGATBA Local from Paulding/Polk getting the job.

Well what about the Southern High Intensity Tunnelleers United No Obsolete Tunnellers #69? I heard they put in a bid but it was blocked for some reason. :pardon:
Mr. Dis offers Professional, Reliable lawn care for all of your home's needs. Please PM for a free Quote.

I'm a Uber Hottie... LGM say's so...

I hearby give credit to the Phoenicians for the Phoenician alphabet in all my writings on PCOM

#17 mrsdavidj6

mrsdavidj6

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

:lol:

Well what about the Southern High Intensity Tunnelleers United No Obsolete Tunnellers #69? I heard they put in a bid but it was blocked for some reason. :pardon:

:rofl:

#18 dapandlap

dapandlap

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

I read about that it seems that there were so many bidders that the whole process became somewhat constipated.
I also recently learned that along with the new space age technology behind the propulsion of the movement inside the tubes that this will no longer be a problem.

#19 xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

I read about that it seems that there were so many bidders that the whole process became somewhat constipated.
I also recently learned that along with the new space age technology behind the propulsion of the movement inside the tubes that this will no longer be a problem.

Is that the Fueled Latent Air Transportation Unit System (FLATUS) that we have been hearing so much about. I understand that it is still undergoing emissions testing, and that is the reason for the hold up.

#20 dapandlap

dapandlap

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

Is that the Fueled Latent Air Transportation Unit System (FLATUS) that we have been hearing so much about. I understand that it is still undergoing emissions testing, and that is the reason for the hold up.

You would understand correctly, the epa is not releasing this new technology as of yet because of their concerns with how it will affect the flow of water to the new reservoir, that hasn't been built yet.

#21 angiecochran

angiecochran

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

i googled paulding county tunnels and discovered walmart was involved. am i slow? why is walmart involved with military tunnels?
"Love, Peace and Chicken Grease" - Zac Brown Band

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." - Bill Cosby

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you." - Rita Mae Brown

"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." - Lyndon B. Johnson

#22 sold_out_for_Jesus

sold_out_for_Jesus

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:57 PM

I just did the same thing! I am so lost!!! What are these tunnels for? I need more info!!
"Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure--pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return." Luke 6:38

#23 LisaC

LisaC

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

I think the ATBA paid off Animal. They're mostly democrats. NWGATBA is too well known for their conservative values.
Sometimes no comment is the best comment.

#24 dapandlap

dapandlap

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:08 PM

i googled paulding county tunnels and discovered walmart was involved. am i slow? why is walmart involved with military tunnels?

It's the economy, even the military has to shop at wally world, however I believe the connection would be that the old timers are clogging up the flow of traffic (especially in Hiram) therefore these tunnels are necessary to transport the old farts to their jobs at wally world as greeters.

Edited by dapandlap, 16 August 2010 - 03:08 PM.

#25 xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:11 PM

Walmart has agreed to allow the military to stage there in exchange for using the tunnels as part of their distribution system. There were lots of problems with the tunnel entrance at the Hwy 120 Walmart and that's why all the blasting was going on and there was so much earth moving activity for over two years.

#26 angiecochran

angiecochran

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:11 PM

this is what i found.... after reading through stuff about biological attack etc.

It is to be noted that this project is under a great deal of scrutiny by those who live near the ongoing construction project. Analysts do not believe the project will be available for public use, and will not be publicly acknowledged

Read more: http://oocities.com/...6#ixzz0wnlBZNF3

i know most of the posts in this thread are light hearted and funny, but im really curious, sorry if im pooping the party lol.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." - Bill Cosby

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you." - Rita Mae Brown

"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." - Lyndon B. Johnson

#27 xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

It's the economy, even the military has to shop at wally world, however I believe the connection would be that the old timers are clogging up the flow of traffic (especially in Hiram) therefore these tunnels are necessary to transport the old farts to their jobs at wally world as greeters.

I did see a Lockheed truck at the Walmart in Marietta. It's probably really convenient for them now.

#28 angiecochran

angiecochran

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

Walmart has agreed to allow the military to stage there in exchange for using the tunnels as part of their distribution system. There were lots of problems with the tunnel entrance at the Hwy 120 Walmart and that's why all the blasting was going on and there was so much earth moving activity for over two years.

so the military is letting walmart run their frieght (trucks trains, whatever) through the finished tunnels under the agreement that in case of attack walmarts along these routes will cease their retail activity and become military bases? this sounds like a good plan to me. was everyone just upset about the construction? or are there other cons? i live less that 10 minutes from the rockmart walmart and i think i would take the noise as a fair exchange to have a military base that close during an emergency. of course an attack is not a sure thing (thankfully), but the plan still sounds good to me.

#29 dapandlap

dapandlap

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:23 PM

so the military is letting walmart run their frieght (trucks trains, whatever) through the finished tunnels under the agreement that in case of attack walmarts along these routes will cease their retail activity and become military bases? this sounds like a good plan to me. was everyone just upset about the construction? or are there other cons? i live less that 10 minutes from the rockmart walmart and i think i would take the noise as a fair exchange to have a military base that close during an emergency. of course an attack is not a sure thing (thankfully), but the plan still sounds good to me.

I heard that only the walmarts that DO NOT I repeat DO NOT face mecca, would be considered for the previously mentioned purposes.

#30 Monkeytail

Monkeytail

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

I heard there is going to be an entrance under the adult bookstore they're building behind the Waffle House at 61/278
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." - The Doctor

It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity. - Einstein

#31 SOLO

SOLO

I Have Flying monkeys and Will Use Them

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:41 PM

You have not heard the reports about #69????? They say that they are having problems because the workers are to into each other and they are not getting their work done on time. Heck they have even left jobs unfinished. :ph34r:
Posted Image
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it Just pee on it and walk away.

s.l.u.t
Stressed-out Ladies Unwinding Together

"People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life like loving everybody all the time and being nice.....dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long

#32 naturegirl

naturegirl

Super Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,190 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

You have not heard the reports about #69????? They say that they are having problems because the workers are to into each other and they are not getting their work done on time. Heck they have even left jobs unfinished. :ph34r:

:shok: That's not good at all!!!!! :unsure:
In history there are people who have had their clothes, food, housing and jobs provided to them.

---Frank Lloyd Wright

#33 SOLO

SOLO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

I know... I think it has something to do with all the time they spend underground in the dark.
Posted Image

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it Just pee on it and walk away.

s.l.u.t

"People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life like loving everybody all the time and being nice.....dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long

#34 dapandlap

dapandlap

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:49 PM

No mam it isn't we the residents of Paulding and surrounding counties should stand up for ourselves and demand our tunnels, we all have a right to a free new space age technology that can move things faster than ever before. Do we sit by and let everyone else just pass us by and leave us with our current status quo, I say no we deserve and are entitled to hope and change to our problems. :yahoo:

#35 xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:50 PM

I know... I think it has something to do with all the time they spend underground in the dark.

Maybe Sherin's skylights and palm trees idea wasn't so bad after all.

#36 SOLO

SOLO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

Maybe Sherin's skylights and palm trees idea wasn't so bad after all.

WOW I wonder....palm trees and sunlight may give them other ideas.
Posted Image

s.l.u.t

#37 naturegirl

naturegirl

Super Icon

• retired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,190 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

Yea, let's not forget we're talking about the Southern High Intensity Tunnelleers United No Obsolete Tunnellers #69.

---Frank Lloyd Wright

#38 dapandlap

dapandlap

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

I think I hear Jimmy Buffet over the soundsystem from the tunnel now B)

#39 SOLO

SOLO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

Yea, let's not forget we're talking about the Southern High Intensity Tunnelleers United No Obsolete Tunnellers #69.

Yes I think I know where they get the "High Intensity" part from
Posted Image

s.l.u.t

#40 treasure

treasure

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:57 PM

If the truth be told they had to pull the workers from the tunnel work to complete the Air Port. Cause we all know that the airport is gonna bring in more money than the tunnels. :blush:

Life is too short to worry.
Live like you were dying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics