30 replies to this topic

#1 ihaveadog

ihaveadog

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,839 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:50 AM

Anyone listening to the current feeds? Have any idea of what's going on? There are 5 PCSD vehicles by my house, they pretty much told us to go home, all we got was a baby shower out of control?? Kind of funny, well any how if someone could tell us what is happening we'd appreciate it.

Never mind, it was a complaint about cars in the street told them they could park in my driveway to avoid tickets if they needed to.

Edited by ihave2dogs, 11 July 2010 - 02:09 AM.

I fantasize about my dogs having jobs. I pretend that both of them are window cleaners and their kennel is their first starter home. I think the bigger dog is trying to bump off the smaller dog so he can have the kennel to himself. I know I have a problem, but don't animals have to earn a living too?

Dogs may not be our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.

A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

The more I see of humans, the more I admire dogs.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

The dog is a gentleman, I hope to go to his heaven, not man's.

#2 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,006 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:11 AM

And that took 5 SO cars to take care of? Good heavens. Slow night in Paulding County. :D

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#3 treasure

treasure

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:37 AM

And that took 5 SO cars to take care of? Good heavens. Slow night in Paulding County. :D

I'm surprised that is all that responded. A few weeks ago a man took a sip from a bottle and every officer in town responded to that. :lol:

Life is too short to worry.
Live like you were dying.

#4 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,952 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:20 AM

Anyone listening to the current feeds? Have any idea of what's going on? There are 5 PCSD vehicles by my house, they pretty much told us to go home, all we got was a baby shower out of control?? Kind of funny, well any how if someone could tell us what is happening we'd appreciate it.

Never mind, it was a complaint about cars in the street told them they could park in my driveway to avoid tickets if they needed to.

Good for you!!! Who the he!! would complain about cars in the street? Were their driveways blocked?

#5 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,380 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:27 AM

Good for you!!! Who the he!! would complain about cars in the street? Were their driveways blocked?

I have been afraid to go around the cars parked on the street in my Daughter's subdivision. You can't see up ahead and in the dark you can come up on one in the street before you know it is there. It happens all of the time too.Posted Image
There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.........

#6 sugail

sugail

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:59 AM

I would never call and complain about something like that unless there were other circumstances involved, however some of the streets in neighborhoods are very narrow and when a lot of cars are parked on them instead of the driveway, it can be dangerous, especially at night.

#7 orrby

orrby

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:07 AM

I would, I think it makes the subdivision look tacky. I would not call if it was a friend visiting and is just there a little while, but in the road everyday, yes I would call.) The house has a driveway for a reason. Why people insist on parking in the road and not in the empty driveway is just weird. We have a covenant that says No Parking in the streets. Makes it dangerous to go over a hill or around a curve is someone is parked in it.

It is just something that has always drove me crazy. One thing that we really liked about our Subdivision was the covenant, no parking in the street, no cars in yard or driveway without a tag and No tall grass.

Edited by orrby, 11 July 2010 - 11:11 AM.

#8 really gone from here

really gone from here

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,372 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:18 AM

One thing that we really liked about our Subdivision was the covenant, no parking in the street, no cars in yard or driveway without a tag and No tall grass.

Hate subdivision with covenants, just gives you something to bitch about, do they tell you when and how often you can use the bathroom. Oh, and no clothesline, fence..yada, yada, yada, and don't forget to salute the fuhrer...... :nea:
*Signature Edited for Content not in Accordance with the PCOM Rules

edited by Deputy Rafe Hollister

#9 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,952 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:14 PM

So, if you have a party or whatever at your house and more than 6 cars are invited and your driveway fills up, where exactly are they supposed to park if not on the street? I don't believe for a moment that each person on here hasn't had an event at their home where that was the exact case.

My daughter was at after event for one of her friends who was killed in Afganistan and the neighbors actually called the police because so many people showed up and were parked on the street. As the Mother of this 22 year old young man was trying to make her way into her friends house, who had so graciously offered her home, she was screamed at by the neighbors to move her 'fu*&ing car'. She wasn't blocking anything they owned and it was on a cul-de-sac. I'm sorry, but in my opinion, there is a special place in He!! for people like that.

I know I'm guilty. When my sister died and everyone came to my house, there were at least 50 cars up and down my road and luckily my neighbors aren't a$$e$. They instead offered to help park them and get them when people were leaving my house. Thank God for descent people.

#10 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,380 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

So, if you have a party or whatever at your house and more than 6 cars are invited and your driveway fills up, where exactly are they supposed to park if not on the street? I don't believe for a moment that each person on here hasn't had an event at their home where that was the exact case.

My daughter was at after event for one of her friends who was killed in Afganistan and the neighbors actually called the police because so many people showed up and were parked on the street. As the Mother of this 22 year old young man was trying to make her way into her friends house, who had so graciously offered her home, she was screamed at by the neighbors to move her 'fu*&ing car'. She wasn't blocking anything they owned and it was on a cul-de-sac. I'm sorry, but in my opinion, there is a special place in He!! for people like that.

I know I'm guilty. When my sister died and everyone came to my house, there were at least 50 cars up and down my road and luckily my neighbors aren't a$$e$. They instead offered to help park them and get them when people were leaving my house. Thank God for descent people.

In a case like that I think the neighbors were rude and insensitive. I think if you know the event is happening the neighbors might let the guests park in their driveways if asked. I have seen school or church parking lots used and calls made for someone to pick up at those locations. Usually it is a friend who is designated as "The Taxi".

#11 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,952 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

In a case like that I think the neighbors were rude and insensitive. I think if you know the event is happening the neighbors might let the guests park in their driveways if asked. I have seen school or church parking lots used and calls made for someone to pick up at those locations. Usually it is a friend who is designated as "The Taxi".

Yea, it was pretty awful. I can understand a house in a curve or if they are blocking your driveway, but just because you don't want the cars there just doesn't work for me.

#12 shoes116

shoes116

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,680 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

Was this off Old Cartersville in a neighborhood that works a horse theme?

If so, the ACC's current MO is to tell homeowners to call the police if someone is parked in the road in front of their house; otherwise, the homeowner whose house is behind the car will be cited at $25/day.

#13 orrby

orrby

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:34 PM

Hate subdivision with covenants, just gives you something to bitch about, do they tell you when and how often you can use the bathroom. Oh, and no clothesline, fence..yada, yada, yada, and don't forget to salute the fuhrer...... :nea:

No that is all of the covenants in our subdivision. Just those three. Sweet and simple. We like it. Helps keep the neighbor hood from looking like the hood.

You can have party's and park cars in the road for party's. This is not about that. This is about when someone lives in a house with a empty driveway and choose to park in the road all the time.

Edited by orrby, 11 July 2010 - 04:40 PM.

#14 treasure

treasure

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

I really think there are more important things for our officers to do than ticket someone for parking in a street for an hour if it is not impeeding traffic.

Life is too short to worry.
Live like you were dying.

#15 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,952 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:24 PM

No that is all of the covenants in our subdivision. Just those three. Sweet and simple. We like it. Helps keep the neighbor hood from looking like the hood.

You can have party's and park cars in the road for party's. This is not about that. This is about when someone lives in a house with a empty driveway and choose to park in the road all the time.

I didn't see where it said that the driveway was empty or that the cars were there all the time.

I really think there are more important things for our officers to do than ticket someone for parking in a street for an hour if it is not impeeding traffic.

Agreed!

#16 Dallas Bigfoot

Dallas Bigfoot

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:26 PM

Was this off Old Cartersville in a neighborhood that works a horse theme?

If so, the ACC's current MO is to tell homeowners to call the police if someone is parked in the road in front of their house; otherwise, the homeowner whose house is behind the car will be cited at $25/day.

It's really the Marshall's job to write tickets for ordinance violation - parking on street. However in the subdivision you mention the idiot ACC chairman singles out certain people. You can ride through the subdivision and find cars parked on the street or on the grass most days. One is even a couple of houses from the HOA president. They sent a letter to the people across the street from me about a car in front of their house but the car belonged to a neighbor. ACC guy said it was still their responsibility to keep cars from in front of their home. Like I said..........idiot. There are so many violations that are not fixed that one day when a person is fined they are going to sue the HOA. One person I know has dated photos of numerous repeat violations.

#17 Orwell

Orwell

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

Probably lost or they heard about a new donut shop.

#18 Subby's Mower Repair

Subby's Mower Repair

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,056 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

I have been afraid to go around the cars parked on the street in my Daughter's subdivision. You can't see up ahead and in the dark you can come up on one in the street before you know it is there. It happens all of the time too.Posted Image

You make a good point...cars parked on the side of the road at the top of hills, curves, and other blind spots just get on my nerves. Also people who love to pull over in the accel and decel lanes, leading into the subdivision. They wipe out a LOT of sight when trying to pull out. AND people who park big trucks and things at the ENTRANCE into the subdivision. Talk about a nightmare!! I'm not even sure if that's legal....like there would have to be a certain distance from the main road to park on the side of the street?

:lol: I designed roads for years and years, but never really got into the laws governing such things as that. Seems ironic. :pardon:
Glenn's Mower & Small Engine Repair
Phone: 678-315-8794
Email: glennsmowerrepair@att.net

#19 Mommy2two

Mommy2two

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:52 AM

I must have just missed this. When I left there were several cars parked half on their yard and half on the street, but at the time I saw it, there was still pleanty of room for passing. I'm surprised someone called and complained though....because there are ALWAYS cars in the road in our neighborhood.
The owner of the house hosting the babyshower even went as far as printing letters for the neighbors on our street letting everyone know there was a babyshower happening and apologizing in advance for any inconvenience....which I thought was nice of her.
Posted Image
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Rest in Peace Dillan Alexander Porter and Gina Marie Laird 1-23-2007
Rest in peace J.B. Blinkhorn 7-5-2008
Rest in peace Grandma Joan 2-14-2009

#20 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,952 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:32 AM

I must have just missed this. When I left there were several cars parked half on their yard and half on the street, but at the time I saw it, there was still pleanty of room for passing. I'm surprised someone called and complained though....because there are ALWAYS cars in the road in our neighborhood.
The owner of the house hosting the babyshower even went as far as printing letters for the neighbors on our street letting everyone know there was a babyshower happening and apologizing in advance for any inconvenience....which I thought was nice of her.

And someone still called the sheriffs dept? WOW! :nea:

#21 NewsJunky

NewsJunky

Super Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,380 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:50 AM

And someone still called the sheriffs dept? WOW! Posted Image

If it was for parking I find it disgraceful. That is certainly not a good way to treat your neighbor.Posted Image

#22 hoohaa

hoohaa

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:55 AM

I am not bothered by parties and parking on the street, but.... when they block my driveway!!!

Then the shoe is on the other foot! My neighboor has a swimming pool and every summer the street fills with cars parked in front of their house. Yay for them. However, their guests constantly block my driveway. We've tried the friendly chat to no avail. I've all but given up, but it really, REALLY irks me that folks could be so inconsiderate of others as to block their driveway. I am currently turning the other cheek for now.
:angry2:

Edited by hoohaa, 12 July 2010 - 10:11 AM.

"Oh, and know that I'm not agreeing with you. Anybody got a drumstick? pubby"

“Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire.”

#23 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,952 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

As I clearly said in another post, if they are blocking something that belongs to you, fine, call the sheriffs dept, but if it just because cars are parked on your street and you don't like it, that is going just too far.

My neighbors have 2 teenage kids and at any given time there are at least 4-8 cars and huge trucks parked in our cul-de-sac. Do I like seeing them there? Not really. Are they blocking my driveway and is any of my business that they are there? Nope. It's ridiculous that you can't even have a baby shower at your home without neighbors calling the cops.

#24 SANDRAHITE

SANDRAHITE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:51 AM

#25 SANDRAHITE

SANDRAHITE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

we called the sheriffs office to loud music from neighbors house that had been blaring for several hours. husband had asked them nicely to turn down music. did no good. sheriffs office said there was not a law in paulding county about disturbing the peace.

#26 Mommy2two

Mommy2two

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

What if the shoe were on the other foot? My neighboor has a swimming pool and every summer the street fills with cars parked in front of their house. Yay
for them. However, their guests constantly block my driveway. We've tried the friendly chat to no avail. I've all but given up, but it really, REALLY irks me that folks could be so inconsiderate of others as to block their driveway. I am currently turning the other cheek for now.
:angry2:

There is a neighbor on my street that occasionally has guests and they never park in the driveway....they park along the sidewalk infront of my house.....it used to be a pretty frequent occruance but thankfully it's slacked some (knock on wood) They never parked in front of the house they were visiting, they parked in front of mine, so If I wanted some company to come visit they would have no where to park.
Posted Image

#27 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,996 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:33 AM

we called the sheriffs office to loud music from neighbors house that had been blaring for several hours. husband had asked them nicely to turn down music. did no good. sheriffs office said there was not a law in paulding county about disturbing the peace.

There is a noise ordinance after 10:00 though.
ETA it may be 11:00

Edited by Happy Wife And Mom, 12 July 2010 - 11:34 AM.

#28 ihaveadog

ihaveadog

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,839 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

They were parked in front of other houses, but I don't think they were blocking any driveways. We didn't know they were there until we went to walk the dogs, and we were stopped by one of the SD's, he asked what we were doing, told him we were walking the dogs. We asked one of the deputies if there was something we should be aware of, he told us to go back home. We went back to take the dogs home then came back out, that's when we were by one of the guests that they were getting tickets, so that's when some of us offered the people the use of driveways.... the deputy wasn't amused when I asked him if he was going to ticket the vehicles near the entrance for parking in the street. That's when he then told us to go home again.

I fantasize about my dogs having jobs. I pretend that both of them are window cleaners and their kennel is their first starter home. I think the bigger dog is trying to bump off the smaller dog so he can have the kennel to himself. I know I have a problem, but don't animals have to earn a living too?

Dogs may not be our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.

A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

The more I see of humans, the more I admire dogs.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

The dog is a gentleman, I hope to go to his heaven, not man's.

#29 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

It is not illegal to park on a residential street as long as you do not create a road hazard or block a driveway. However, a large volume of vehicles lining the street in a single area does create a road hazard because two way traffic is forced head on into a single lane for an extended distance.

Edited by Ugadawgs98, 12 July 2010 - 12:38 PM.

#30 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,006 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

Well, dammit, you New Hope people best learn your lesson from this!!! Causin' all that rrouble and tyin' up 5 popo cars and whatnot. Crap, man - I hate when a neighborhood goes downhill like this. :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#31 Mommy2two

Mommy2two

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

They were parked in front of other houses, but I don't think they were blocking any driveways. We didn't know they were there until we went to walk the dogs, and we were stopped by one of the SD's, he asked what we were doing, told him we were walking the dogs. We asked one of the deputies if there was something we should be aware of, he told us to go back home. We went back to take the dogs home then came back out, that's when we were by one of the guests that they were getting tickets, so that's when some of us offered the people the use of driveways.... the deputy wasn't amused when I asked him if he was going to ticket the vehicles near the entrance for parking in the street. That's when he then told us to go home again.

geez! sounds like they were making a bigger deal out of nothing. I wonder if they gave them a warning first, then came back to give tickets, or if it was tickets first.

yeah, you know the very first house in the neighborhood...on the right that has the tall trees ALL the way around like a fence? I pulled in one day and they had a visitor I guess parked right in front. Well, I couldn't see past the trees when I was pulling in and litterally came within 3 inches of hitting that car. scared the crap out of me!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics