15 replies to this topic

#1 whatzup?

whatzup?

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

Isn't there a waterfall somewhere up 61 in paulding county?

#2 Veritas

Veritas

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

Yes, I think it is next to the new tunnel.

#3 orrby

orrby

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

There is a waterfall in Paulding Co. I just don't remember how to get to it. I am sorry I couldn't be any help. I want to say near High Shoals..

Edited by orrby, 02 July 2010 - 11:08 AM.

#4 HaydensMama247

HaydensMama247

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

You go out 61 toward North Paulding High. Turn left onto High Shoals Rd and its down on the left. You will see the cemetery on the left with a fence and parking park there and walk to trail down to the falls. :) Its BEAUTIFUL!!!

Posted Image

#5 AustinPlantation

AustinPlantation

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

See this TOPIC
Mel
-------------------------------------------------------
An optomist may not get there any faster, but he'll enjoy the trip more If you believe you can, you can --- and if you can't, at least you believed you could!

#6 HaydensMama247

HaydensMama247

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:15 AM

:)

Posted Image

#7 HaydensMama247

HaydensMama247

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:22 AM

Posted Image

#8 CarolineElizabeth

CarolineElizabeth

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,618 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:31 AM

Well why should we go now? You can see the pics right here

#9 workingforaliving

workingforaliving

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,875 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:33 AM

How far is the walk from the parking lot to the waterfall? I don't want to end up carrying anybody....and I'm kinda lazy.
Posted Image

#10 JBrigman

JBrigman

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:35 AM

It's a short hike down a hill and across a little creek.
Don't Litter -- Fix Your Critter! And remember, rescued animals make the best pets!

#11 HaydensMama247

HaydensMama247

Icon

• +Member Plus Black
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:39 AM

Posted Image

#12 cobbobig

cobbobig

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:56 AM

Pretty place. Is it open to the public? I don't want to trespass on private property.
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.” Ronald Reagan

#13 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:02 PM

Go see for your self so others cant make any comments.

HM - I'm confused. What you all upset about?
DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

Oh yea, Pubby says "Ditto"

#14 CJ812

CJ812

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

Yes it is a public park.

#15 onlythelonely

onlythelonely

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

It is a short hike from the parking area down to the falls, as someone else posted. However, I suggest wearing tennis shoes. I made the mistake of wearing sandals. There was one steep part where I slipped (there was lots of mud due to the rain) My entire backside from neck to ankles was covered in mud. I got the car filthy driving home. :(
I love walking through that little cemetary there too. Such interesting headstones and so much history. There are lots of family plots and I was amazed at how many children in certain families had died at around the same time. I guess back then if one child got sick with a deadly disease, then the siblings would often succumb to it as well. I remember seeing one family who had like 3 or 4 kids all die within a month or so. Its hard to imagine the grief those families must have endured. :(

#16 George W. Bush

George W. Bush

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:36 AM

It is a short hike from the parking area down to the falls, as someone else posted. However, I suggest wearing tennis shoes. I made the mistake of wearing sandals. There was one steep part where I slipped (there was lots of mud due to the rain) My entire backside from neck to ankles was covered in mud. I got the car filthy driving home. :(
I love walking through that little cemetary there too. Such interesting headstones and so much history. There are lots of family plots and I was amazed at how many children in certain families had died at around the same time. I guess back then if one child got sick with a deadly disease, then the siblings would often succumb to it as well. I remember seeing one family who had like 3 or 4 kids all die within a month or so. Its hard to imagine the grief those families must have endured. :(

We saw the name Wincie on a grave marker there. I thought that was a pretty name and I don't recall ever hearing anyone with that name.
"I think we agree, the past is over."
George W. Bush

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics