#1 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:11 AM

OK~
So, my birthday is Thursday, which means my tags are due. I ALWAYS go in and pay my bill, which, I was going to do this Monday. Well, now that they are closed, what do I do? I have tried calling them hoping it would give some information, but, it just says they are closed.

How do I pay my tags (and without the penalty?)...anyone know where I could call?

edited to add: I also don't have my emmissions ~ that was my yesterday "chore" too ~ so, I can't do it online/mail. wink.gif

Edited by P.C. Shopper, 22 September 2009 - 07:12 AM.

"When life throws you lemons, make lemonade"

#2 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,477 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:12 AM

I think Madea has the same problem her hubby's birthday is today..

They maybe open tomorrow,.
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#3 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:14 AM

Yeah, I don't even have a place to call. I guess I will load all the kids up today, get the emmissions done and stick it in tomorrows mail. Does anyone know, does it go by "postmark" date, or date of arrival, in office?

#4 SOLO

SOLO

I Have Flying monkeys and Will Use Them

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,767 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:23 AM

Dang dang Dang...forgot that I have to get mine this week...Hope they get open later this week
Posted Image
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it Just pee on it and walk away.

s.l.u.t
Stressed-out Ladies Unwinding Together

"People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life like loving everybody all the time and being nice.....dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long

#5 EJ78

EJ78

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:26 AM

Well, Happy Birthday You All!!

#6 Quality Service Tire

Quality Service Tire

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,638 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:27 AM

One would think that because they are closed because of weather conditions that they should grant a grace period for the same number of days that they are closed.......

FOR THE LOWEST POSSIBLE PRICES AROUND. CALL ABOUT OUR OTHER AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES AND COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SERVICES AVAILABLE AND MORE.....CALL US FIRST!!!!!!
WANT CASH FOR THOSE WRECKED OR JUNK VEHICLES? Give us a call and we will pick up for FREE!!

29B Wolf Pen Path
Dallas, GA 30157
770/505-6778

CALL AND ASK FOR JEFF

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
---Arnold Schwarzenegger

#7 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (Quality Service Tire @ Sep 22 2009, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One would think that because they are closed because of weather conditions that they should grant a grace period for the same number of days that they are closed.......

you would think, but, this is the government we are dealing with (crossing fingers)

#8 *~LisaG~*

*~LisaG~*

*not as sweet as you think*

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:30 AM

I am sure they will work with you when they open back up or you would hope.

#9 The Sound Guy

The Sound Guy

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,686 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:36 AM

Once you have the emissions done, if you don't have any changes to make and if you have a credit card, you can do them on line.

It's a couple of bucks more, but worth that in time and hassle.

The site and code should be on your tag bill.

I do almost all ours on line. They mail the tag the next day usually. (though I imagine there will be a backlog after this)

At least they were on the third floor and should not have been affected by the flooding. (Unless the people designing the building were idiots and put the server room in the basement/first floor)

SG

DISCLAIMER: The information and opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the opinions of the author and may be denied or disregarded at a later date. Reading of this paragraph constitutes as agreement on part of reader not to hold author responsible for any damaging effects resulting from reading and agreeing with anything said in this post; furthermore reader waives all future claims resulting from changes in law which may render this disclaimer null and void. This disclaimer is valid in all states with the exception of those states which have laws forbidding the existence of this disclaimer, and in states where such laws exist the reader agrees to read this disclaimer in a state where this disclaimer is binding.

Oh yea, Pubby says "Ditto"

#10 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (The Sound Guy @ Sep 22 2009, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once you have the emissions done, if you don't have any changes to make and if you have a credit card, you can do them on line.

It's a couple of bucks more, but worth that in time and hassle.

The site and code should be on your tag bill.

I do almost all ours on line. They mail the tag the next day usually. (though I imagine there will be a backlog after this)

At least they were on the third floor and should not have been affected by the flooding. (Unless the people designing the building were idiots and put the server room in the basement/first floor)

SG

But, in order to get to the 3rd floor, you must park/enter on the first floor wink.gif

#11 casemom08

casemom08

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:26 AM

You should be able to pay them online.. just keep the receipt in your car showing you paid for them..

Maybe they will be open tomorrow. I am sure they will waive the late fee if you really want to pay them in person.Since this was mother natures doing not yours.

#12 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:04 PM

Just wanted to "bump" it up there to see if any of the day crowd knows.

I can't/don't pay online....I still have to get the emissions done...but, if we aren't supposed to be out driving, I can't get it done wacko.gif . This was all my Monday "job".

#13 Heath Flooring Concepts

Heath Flooring Concepts

Paulding Com member

• +PC CofCommerce
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:08 PM

My husband's birthday is the day after Christmas. I know one year, his birthday was on Sunday. I went to the tag office on Friday, and they had closed for Christmas eve. When I went back on Monday, they gave us a grace period, because they don't usually close on Christmas Eve.

I hope they will consider the circumstances!

Contact us for ALL your flooring needs.

HEATH FLOORING CONCEPTS, LLC
770-505-1213
785 Seaboard Drive, Suites 103 & 104, Dallas, GA 30132

HeathFlooring.com

Quality and experience you can depend on!

Financing is available for qualified buyers. Please inquire!

VISA & MASTERCARD ARE ACCEPTED.

LICENSED, INSURED & BONDED

http://www.paulding.com/directory/images/banner/heath.swf

#14 Ugadawgs98

Ugadawgs98

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:14 PM

I always do mine a few weeks in advance just to prevent problems such as this. They mailed my renewals out a couple of months in advance.

#15 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Ugadawgs98 @ Sep 22 2009, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always do mine a few weeks in advance just to prevent problems such as this. They mailed my renewals out a couple of months in advance.

Yes, me too, however, we are having some issues and I was not able to do it in advance wink.gif

#16 blessed mess

blessed mess

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:23 PM

I'm pretty sure they will waive all fees. But just plan on the lines being terribly long when they do open.

#17 Craigmo1

Craigmo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:09 PM

Can you pay with a credit card at the tag office?

#18 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:14 PM

I don't think so.
I think they only take checks or cash, but there is an ATM in the building.
I'd call and ask ....... or someone around here will chime in with a better answer :D
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#19 crazy4u

crazy4u

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

They were closed on my birthday for the holiday and I had to go the Friday before. I don't know if they charge a late fee if your late because they were closed.

#20 CaptainOblivious

CaptainOblivious

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

No. We spend allthismoney for new facility...cant even get a GD POS MACHINE?!?!?!?! :angry2:
"Cannon to the right of them, Cannon to the left of them, Cannon in front of them, Volleyed and thundered." -Excerpt from A. Lord Tennyson's The Charge of the Light Brigade

“I may be President of the United States, but my private life is nobody’s damned business.” -Chester A. Arthur

Posted ImageSKRONK!!!

#21 Riograce

Riograce

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,480 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

No. We spend allthismoney for new facility...cant even get a GD POS MACHINE?!?!?!?! :angry2:

You *can* pay with a credit card if you go online to pay - the pre-bill should have a PIN that gives you access to the website. There *is* a fee for using a credit/debit card.

And in case you didn't know, governments are charged merchant's fees for point-of-sale machines, which is one reason they're often reluctant to use them. IMO, you can come up with cash or a check ONCE A YEAR, for goodness' sake, or go online and pay. :rolleyes:

#22 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

You *can* pay with a credit card if you go online to pay - the pre-bill should have a PIN that gives you access to the website. There *is* a fee for using a credit/debit card.

And in case you didn't know, governments are charged merchant's fees for point-of-sale machines, which is one reason they're often reluctant to use them. IMO, you can come up with cash or a check ONCE A YEAR, for goodness' sake, or go online and pay. :rolleyes:

^ yep ... every transaction is a fee and there are different fees for taking different cards or debit vs credit.
and it is just not governments -- anyone who takes the "plastic" pays fees.
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#23 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,477 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

I hope Pc Shopper has her license by now this topic is over a year old LOL
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

#24 CaptainOblivious

CaptainOblivious

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

thats why i made the massive spending reference. imagine the fees they could have paid inplaceof fancy non essential architecture. Checks arent free and I dont feel like carrying cash.
"Cannon to the right of them, Cannon to the left of them, Cannon in front of them, Volleyed and thundered." -Excerpt from A. Lord Tennyson's The Charge of the Light Brigade

“I may be President of the United States, but my private life is nobody’s damned business.” -Chester A. Arthur

Posted ImageSKRONK!!!

#25 Riograce

Riograce

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,480 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:52 PM

One of P.com's newer members posted a question on this thread earlier today. I was answering him and Captain O.

#26 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,477 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:53 PM

One of P.com's newer members posted a question on this thread earlier today. I was answering him and Captain O.

:good:

Posted Image

3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

#27 Riograce

Riograce

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,480 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

thats why i made the massive spending reference. imagine the fees they could have paid inplaceof fancy non essential architecture. Checks arent free and I dont feel like carrying cash.

Tags are administered by the county *for* the GA Dept. of Revenue - the decision to use POS machines may lie with DoR, not Paulding County.

#28 CaptainOblivious

CaptainOblivious

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

Tags are administered by the county *for* the GA Dept. of Revenue - the decision to use POS machines may lie with DoR, not Paulding County.

And yet cobb and cherokee counties have them...

Posted ImageSKRONK!!!

#29 maxcole

maxcole

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

hey they were open on Tuesday, I was there>
JLC

#30 Happy Wife And Mom

Happy Wife And Mom

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,734 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

:rofl:

#31 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

:pardon: :lol: Yes, I renewed, and on time.:p

This was from last year (well, over a year now) when we had the flooding and the office was closed. I ended up getting my emmissions and going in when they opened back up.

When I saw the topic and me as the starter, I thought my account had been hacked :o ...until I opened it and saw it was from 9-2009 :lol: :lol:

Edited by P.C. Shopper, 28 December 2010 - 08:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics