7 replies to this topic

#1 ToteOne

ToteOne

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:01 AM

My son's birthday is coming up soon. We have had his party at home for the past 3 years and he is wanting to have a "REAL" party this year. Anybody have any suggestions? Need something reasonable, but for a lot of kids. I have 8 neices and nephews without counting his friends. TIA

#2 NCP

NCP

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:08 AM

Happy Birthday!!!

For reaching another milestone in life I would like to offer a special gift to you before you get another year older, pound heavier, or another wrinkle more prune-ish.

My gift to you this September is a FREE abbreviated portrait session and 4 wallet sized portraits of your favorite individual pose.

You may bring someone with you to hold your hand and be in a few poses but the complementary 4 portraits are reserved for the birthday guy or girl. Additional portraits will be priced at one half off the usual family portrait price list.

The portrait session must be made within 7 days before or after your birthday and take place at the Dallas Studio.

We are not open in Dallas every day, so an appointment needs to be made by calling 770-443-7355

I won't post your portrait on P.com without your permission but I m sure the results will be so great you will beg me to post your image here to share with all.

Call today—

770-443-7355

Nicholas Cole – Photographer

Historic Marietta – Historic Dallas

770-443-7355

This offer is for anyone, young or old.

Happy Birthday once again.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Nicholas Cole - Photographer</span>
www.NicholasColePhotographer.com
Historic Downtown Dallas
770-443-7355
Posted Image

#3 Mommy2two

Mommy2two

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:30 AM

at that age, my siblings always wanted to have their friends over with some music and/or movies. they had the living room to them selves (or so they thought smile.gif always a watchful eye) with whatever food they wanted (chips and dip, fruit tray, sodas, popcorn...) for the girls, we would still put up streamer and balloons, the boys didn't like that.

or he could invite all of his friends to stars and strikes or something like that.
Posted Image
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Rest in Peace Dillan Alexander Porter and Gina Marie Laird 1-23-2007
Rest in peace J.B. Blinkhorn 7-5-2008
Rest in peace Grandma Joan 2-14-2009

#4 LisaC

LisaC

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:40 AM

I would rent one of those Sumo Wrestler inflatable things, order a bunch of $5 Pizza Mias from Pizza Hut or throw some hot dogs on the grill, get soda, chips and cake and let everyone have a great time at home.
Sometimes no comment is the best comment.

#5 RaidersRock

RaidersRock

Boo Yah!!

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,353 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:24 AM

fishing party at white oak park?? everyone brings their own poles. you provide the bait, snacks and drinks
Posted Image

#6 Nolongerhere

Nolongerhere

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,704 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:44 AM

How is at home not a " real " party ? huh.gif We do ours at home every year for every kid. We have a blast and all family members come over. We do cook outs, pinyata's .. sometimes water parties in the summer. You can have a real party anywhere .. why does it have to cost money in order to be " real "? Growing up my parents were very poor .. lucky if they got anything at all. I think I would rather spend money on gifts for kids and have a cheap, real party at home.
Moved on to a more positive and enriching environment =)

#7 PsychoMom

PsychoMom

La La La . . . I can't hear you!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,903 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

Anywhere with a pavilion and a large playground. Maybe a basketball court and tennis courts too. That way, all ages can have something to do.

Also, start looking at limiting who is invited. He is to the age where he wants it to be more friends and less family. I had small family get togethers for birthdays, then a party for the friends. Or a party for all and a few friends for a slumber party afterward.

Find out what he means by a 'real' party, because to me, that would indicate an at home party. Otherwise, it is a kid's party to me (thinking Mickey D's or Chuck E Cheese type thing).

"We don't stop playing because we grow old we grow old because we stop playing."
(George Bernard Shaw)

#8 Slumber Parties by Kelly

Slumber Parties by Kelly

Super Icon

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,525 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:03 PM

Fishing Party at White Oak Party

Boys are easy...they just wanna run wild and have fun. Girls are $$$$$
Kelly Shackelford
Sr. Manager, Slumber Parties