6 replies to this topic

#1 bp952

bp952

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

Don't know if I can name the business but pm me if you want it. I take my things there to sell. She has things for Girls premie to Jr. 3/5 and Boys premie to size 10. She also carries: Toys, Baby Gear, Bedding, etc.... She has just moved from Dallas Nebo Rd to 7033 Villa Rica Hwy Dallas, Ga 30157. Go by and check out what she has. Closed Sunday and Monday......

#2 SPORTS SOURCE

SPORTS SOURCE

SPORTS SOURCE

• PCOM Artist +
  • 16,954 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (bp952 @ Sep 7 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know if I can name the business but pm me if you want it. I take my things there to sell. She has things for Girls premie to Jr. 3/5 and Boys premie to size 10. She also carries: Toys, Baby Gear, Bedding, etc.... She has just moved from Dallas Nebo Rd to 7033 Villa Rica Hwy Dallas, Ga 30157. Go by and check out what she has. Closed Sunday and Monday......

You can name the store in the subject body, just not the subject title, if I understand PM rules correctly.

770-310-4459

Your Source For Sports Apparel

Specializing in Collegiate, NFL, MLB and NASCAR

Authentic Officially Licensed Merchandise

Posted Image

#3 NoPickles4Me

NoPickles4Me

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:53 PM

Are you referring to Jump-N-Jax??? I hope so since I used to get a lot of my daughters' clothes from her store. If so, good I will just have to drive a little further up the road.

#4 drosser

drosser

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:50 PM

I went to the old store on Friday and was shocked that they were closed!! I have bought from there several times, but like Kid 2 Kid better as far as prices.

Has anyone ever consigned with Jump N Jax? I would like to take the boy clothes that were left over from the yard sale to be consigned, but I don't want to go through what I went through on Saturday.

I took a basket full of boys clothes--3 months to 3T--to Kid 2 Kid on Saturday. My daughter had a yard sale last weekend and sold a ton of clothes, but has a ton more to get rid of. We priced everything at $0.50 to $1.00 for shirts, onsies, etc. and $2.00 for a complete outfit. I added up what the items would have sold for at the yard sale--$97.50--and expected to get maybe a little less. Now we're talking perfect condition, some with tags and never worn, all brand name (OshKosh, Carter's, Old Navy, Levi's, etc.) I was offered $27.50 for this basket of clothes!!! The lady acted like I should be estatic to get that low offer on the clothes. I told her that I could not accept that and asked for my clothes back. I had washed them and they were all neatly pressed. She kind of got an attitude and wadded them up and cramed them into the basket. I didn't quite know what to say, so I just got my basket and left.

If I can't get a reasonable price for the clothes, we'll just donate them to charity and claim a huge tax deduction. I'd rather be able to take them somewhere and either consign them or sell them outright so that my daughter can have the money. She is single with two boys and needs all the money she can get right now.

So if anyone has consigned kids clothes with good results, please let me know where!!

Thanks!!

#5 orrby

orrby

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

Jump'N' Jax used to be a paid commerce member. So I would think it would be ok to speak the name.

Jump 'N' Jax is a consignment type store. Which means, she takes your clothing, enter every item into the computer system, washes the clothing, irons them all and puts it out for the public to see. When the item sales she gives you ,I think don't quote me on it, 20% of what it sales for. When your item sales she puts into the computer, what item sold, what day it sold on, what it sold for and once a month she does inventory and sends out your money, a list of everything you have in her store, what sold, when it sold and what it sold for. She will send you out a check or you can pick up your check once a month. I know 20% does not sound like much, but if you look at all the work she does, it is really worth it. You will end up making way more than you would at any yard sale.

They are very wonderful people. I sure hope Linda is doing well in her new shop.

Reminds me, I need to call her..

Thanks for the reminder. And I would suggest everyone go check her out.
Great little shop. wub.gif

Edited by orrby, 07 September 2009 - 06:50 PM.

#6 drosser

drosser

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:17 PM

I'll have to check Jump-N-Jax out to see just how much is paid on consignment merchandise. All the clothes my daughter has are already washed and ironed. They just need to be sold!! I know it's a lot of work to get the clothes ready. We've spent a whole lot of time getting the items we have ready. I'm going to check into Sweet Peas, also. They give 40% of what the item sells for.

#7 Gee~Tee

Gee~Tee

I'm not perfect, but parts of me are pretty AWESOME!

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,810 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (drosser @ Sep 7 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll have to check Jump-N-Jax out to see just how much is paid on consignment merchandise. All the clothes my daughter has are already washed and ironed. They just need to be sold!! I know it's a lot of work to get the clothes ready. We've spent a whole lot of time getting the items we have ready. I'm going to check into Sweet Peas, also. They give 40% of what the item sells for.

I have been to Kids 2 Kid before and they did this too ma also!! It's a Joke! blink.gif May as well donate your stuff to them. I do not like Kid 2 Kid, never have!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics