12 replies to this topic

#1 countrysunshine

countrysunshine

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:37 PM

I need help with finding a good Georgia Lottery Funded Pre-k.....any suggestions of which is the best and which one's NOT to go TO? Dallas/Hiram Area......I have him in one pre-k just needing some opinions...THANKS

Edited by countrysunshine, 27 August 2009 - 08:00 PM.

#2 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (countrysunshine @ Aug 27 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need help with finding a good Georgia Lottery Funded Pre-k.....any suggestions of which is the best and which one's NOT to go TO?

Area you are looking in would probably be helpful wink.gif
"When life throws you lemons, make lemonade"

#3 copswife465

copswife465

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:57 PM

Most Ga funded pre k slots are filled. I'm not sure though. Where are you looking?

#4 *~LisaG~*

*~LisaG~*

*not as sweet as you think*

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,197 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:59 PM

For next year? cause its already started this year and most spots are full

#5 myrlin

myrlin

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

if you are looking for this year it might be too late

#6 copswife465

copswife465

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

I know in Polk county we had to go through the schools to get slots. And if you didn't get one you are waiting on a list a mile long! There are something like 20 kids waiting on the list for my son's school.

#7 myrlin

myrlin

Super Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (copswife465 @ Aug 27 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know in Polk county we had to go through the schools to get slots. And if you didn't get one you are waiting on a list a mile long! There are something like 20 kids waiting on the list for my son's school.

its not in the schools in Paulding anymore sad.gif

#8 copswife465

copswife465

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

According to this list which hasn't been updated since the start of school there are very few slots open. You would have to contact each school to verify if in fat they do have any open slots.

http://decal.ga.gov/...s...amp;z=&st=P

Although I would think that you would have to be placed on a list where ever you try to go. I hope that you find what you are looking for.

*Myrlin*
I love that my son is actually going to the school this year. He is so excited.

Edited by copswife465, 27 August 2009 - 08:08 PM.

#9 mamatoto

mamatoto

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

The one my son goes to had a good report from the bright from the start web site. His teacher has been at that pre-k for 6 yrs. (i like that because there is not a differant teacher every year to me it sayd something about the daycare) pm me for details

#10 wbp

wbp

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (mamatoto @ Aug 27 2009, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The one my son goes to had a good report from the bright from the start web site. His teacher has been at that pre-k for 6 yrs. (i like that because there is not a differant teacher every year to me it sayd something about the daycare) pm me for details

Does your son go to the Sunshine House on Old Harris Rd?
Keep on smiling!

#11 mamatoto

mamatoto

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:36 PM

He goes to Lost Mnt Academy on Macland Rd

#12 jbull226

jbull226

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (countrysunshine @ Aug 27 2009, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need help with finding a good Georgia Lottery Funded Pre-k.....any suggestions of which is the best and which one's NOT to go TO? Dallas/Hiram Area......I have him in one pre-k just needing some opinions...THANKS

I know you are looking for a georgia funded....but from what I understand all those spots are filled.
I do know, my daughters daycare has spots available and it is private though we are hoping to get funded and it will convert over if GA approves. (our daycare closed b/c the OWNER before was horrible and didnt handle money well) but was bought right out by someone who owns 2 other centers and its back up and running. Its great too! Still the same teachers! I know with prek as well as after and before school I pay $120. So if you will do the 8-2:30 I dont know what price they could give you.
You get your moneys worth.....I SWEAR! But if are interested, its on bill carruth just passed the water dept going toward 278. Greystone subdivision entrance....Childrens Palace. 770-943-0058
U can still get in even though they have started.
I promise you will not be disappointed!
Are you looking for a landscaper? If so check out Outdoor Solutions Inc at http://www.outdoorsolutionsga.com/ or call Dana Smith at 678-488-1310 for a quote. They are based out of Dallas/Hiram but travel everywhere! They do installs and maintenance work.

#13 *~AJ~*

*~AJ~*

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,437 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:23 AM

The sign in front of Discovery Point behind Kroger at Cedarcrest/92 had a sign that said they had 2 spots open in GA PK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics