• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 momofthreewonderfulkids

momofthreewonderfulkids

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:16 AM

I am in search of a cat or kitten. I am looking for a siamese or rag doll mix. We can provide a safe and loving home. Our new family member will be the only pet, so she/he is sure to get lots of love and attention.
We just adopted a baby kitten from the Paulding County Animal Shelter not to long ago. She got real sick and died on us last Saturday. We may have only had her for a couple of weeks, but she was still a part of our family and we relly loved her and we miss her alot. So if anyone knows of anyone that has a cat or a kitten could you please let us know? I am will to pay a small adoption fee, but after paying the $70.00 adoption fee from the shelter and the $230.00 dollars from the vet to try and save our little kitten, we do not have a lot of money we can give.
So PLEASE if anyone knows of anyone let us know.THANK YOU and GOD BLESS.

#2 katcol

katcol

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:24 AM

Have you talked to the shelter? I know those are still open wounds but if you were willing to try again, you could either show the paperwork from the vet or just give them the vet's number to confirm.

They should allow you to get another cat/kitten. My neighbor had the same experience. Even though her family was DEVASTATED, they agreed to try again for the sake of the kitties. The next kitten was not only healthy, she's gorgeous and is a total comedy routine. They've had her for almost a year now.

I know that doesn't make you feel any better. BTW, another friend of ours got a siamese mix...she looks totally siamese but has a really thick coat...this cat is awesome! And yep, she came from the shelter. There may be a higher chance of getting one that is sick since they all stay so close to one another. I wish you guys the best no matter what you decide. Either way you're giving a kitty a home.

Edited to say: I'm so sorry to hear that your family had to go through this.
Posted Image

#3 ♥GaLinemansWife♥

♥GaLinemansWife♥

Behind blue eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (katcol @ Aug 12 2009, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you talked to the shelter? I know those are still open wounds but if you were willing to try again, you could either show the paperwork from the vet or just give them the vet's number to confirm.

They should allow you to get another cat/kitten. My neighbor had the same experience. Even though her family was DEVASTATED, they agreed to try again for the sake of the kitties. The next kitten was not only healthy, she's gorgeous and is a total comedy routine. They've had her for almost a year now.

I know that doesn't make you feel any better. BTW, another friend of ours got a siamese mix...she looks totally siamese but has a really thick coat...this cat is awesome! And yep, she came from the shelter. There may be a higher chance of getting one that is sick since they all stay so close to one another. I wish you guys the best no matter what you decide. Either way you're giving a kitty a home.

Thats a great idea! I know there are some beautiful kittens at the shelter!
When the lights go out, my lineman gets it on

Posted Image

#4 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

I don't remember if you are the person whose kitten died of Panleukopenia, If so, you should NOT bring another kitten into your home. It is very similar to Parvo (dogs) and very contagious. You will need to get a fully vaccinated cat, so as not to risk recontamination

"When life throws you lemons, make lemonade"

#5 flyersgirl

flyersgirl

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (momofthreewonderfulkids @ Aug 12 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am in search of a cat or kitten. I am looking for a siamese or rag doll mix. We can provide a safe and loving home. Our new family member will be the only pet, so she/he is sure to get lots of love and attention.
We just adopted a baby kitten from the Paulding County Animal Shelter not to long ago. She got real sick and died on us last Saturday. We may have only had her for a couple of weeks, but she was still a part of our family and we relly loved her and we miss her alot. So if anyone knows of anyone that has a cat or a kitten could you please let us know? I am will to pay a small adoption fee, but after paying the $70.00 adoption fee from the shelter and the $230.00 dollars from the vet to try and save our little kitten, we do not have a lot of money we can give.

My friend has a kitty that she is trying to find a home for. She rescued her and her 4 kittens and has found homes for the kittens, but still has the mama. She's had all of her shots and is spade. She just told me she's asking $100 for her, but she might be willing to negotiate on that. If you're interested PM me. I'm going to try and attach a pic of her.

Attached Images

• patches.jpg

Edited by flyersgirl, 12 August 2009 - 09:50 AM.

#6 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,420 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:55 AM

I am sure if you wait a while someone on here will have some for free, they usually do.. sorry you lost all that money but getting attached to a pet and then it dieing is horrible.

Good Luck

"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of My Daddy and Mama
3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

*say what you mean, and mean what you say*

#7 *~LisaG~*

*~LisaG~*

*not as sweet as you think*

• +PC BIZ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,193 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:58 AM

My in-laws cat had 3 kittens.....there is a grey one not claimed.

#8 momofthreewonderfulkids

momofthreewonderfulkids

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (katcol @ Aug 12 2009, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for your reply. We did go to back to the shelter, on Saturday the same day our kitten Chloe died, we brought all her paper work from the vet. We went up there to get another kitty ( i would take all of them home if I could). I was looking at all the kittens and cats that were there and had picked one out that I almost got, but when talking to the girl that helped us when we got Chloe she had told me that they have had a lot of kittens and cats getting sick and they were having to put them to sleep. We were so afraid of having to go through that and putting our kids through that again that we desided not to get one from there untill they find out what is going on and it stops. There is another family that just went through the same thing we just went through with their kitten that they just got from the shelter. I just read all about her store this morning. Their kitten died from Panleukopenia. I can not help but wonder if Chloe died from that too? So I am glad I did not get one from the Shelter on Saturday. The Animal Shelter did give us our money back, but that did not help with our grief we are going through. I am just hopeing someone one here knows someone who is looking for a good home for there cat or kitten.I feel sooo sorry for the kittens and cats at the shelter, I just hope they are able to put a stop to the sickness that is going around before any other family goes through what we just went through. I pray no more cats or kittens get sick. And that the shelter is able to get the sickness under control.

#9 shan06

shan06

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:04 AM

I've got a cat that I'm trying to rehome. FREE. His name is Jinx. He's been neutered, wormed, FL Neg, and up to date on Rabies shots. I'm extremely allergic and if I don't find a home for him soon, I'm afraid I'll have to take him to the shelter. sad.gif Here's a pic

I'm married to my best friend and have 4 children that are my world. Life couldn't be much more perfect!

#10 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,420 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:07 AM

shan he is a pretty cat
"The most dangerous place in the world to be is "Between a Mother and her Child"

Posted Image

3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

#11 shan06

shan06

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (Lady Raider @ Aug 12 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
shan he is a pretty cat

Thank you. I think he's gorgeous...but I weeze terribly just by walking in the room. I take meds to control it, but it doesn't help.
I'm married to my best friend and have 4 children that are my world. Life couldn't be much more perfect!

#12 momofthreewonderfulkids

momofthreewonderfulkids

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (♥GaLinemansWife♥ @ Aug 12 2009, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats a great idea! I know there are some beautiful kittens at the shelter!

Their are some great kittens at the shelter but unfortunately there is a sickness going on. We are not the only ones that lost a kitten over the weekend from the shelter. Panleukopenia is going around at the shelter and it is highly contagous. And they are having to put them to sleep.

#13 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,420 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

momofthree did you see the cat shan has for free?

Posted Image

3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

#14 momofthreewonderfulkids

momofthreewonderfulkids

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (P.C. Shopper @ Aug 12 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't remember if you are the person whose kitten died of Panleukopenia, If so, you should NOT bring another kitten into your home. It is very similar to Parvo (dogs) and very contagious. You will need to get a fully vaccinated cat, so as not to risk recontamination

No, I am not that person who had that kitten that died from panleukopenia. We are not sure what happon to our kitten. But I do know after I went back to the shelter about our kitten that I was informed that Panleukopenia is going around and that they are haveing to put cats and kittens asleep.

#15 Lady Raider

Lady Raider

Super Icon

• +MPS extra
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,420 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

momofthreewonderfulkids,

Did you see the cat that shan has?

Posted Image

3-29-08
and 10-24-2012

#16 momofthreewonderfulkids

momofthreewonderfulkids

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (flyersgirl @ Aug 12 2009, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My friend has a kitty that she is trying to find a home for. She rescued her and her 4 kittens and has found homes for the kittens, but still has the mama. She's had all of her shots and is spade. She just told me she's asking $100 for her, but she might be willing to negotiate on that. If you're interested PM me. I'm going to try and attach a pic of her.

Thank you for your reply. She is a beautiful cat. But unfortunalty she is not what we are looking for. We are looking for one that is siamese or a ragdoll mix. We would like to find something with blue eyes. And with seal pointe markings. Thank you though. I know she will be able to find her a great home.

QUOTE (shan06 @ Aug 12 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got a cat that I'm trying to rehome. FREE. His name is Jinx. He's been neutered, wormed, FL Neg, and up to date on Rabies shots. I'm extremely allergic and if I don't find a home for him soon, I'm afraid I'll have to take him to the shelter. sad.gif Here's a pic

#17 momofthreewonderfulkids

momofthreewonderfulkids

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (shan06 @ Aug 12 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He is gorgeous! I love cats that are fluffy like him. Unfortunatly he is not what we are looking for. I hope you find a home for him soon. Panleukopenia which is highly contagious is going around the shelter and they are having to put cat and kittens to sleep. And I would not want anything like that to happon to him. He is soo beautiful. Have you tryed any of those pet rescues? I am sure they would take him in. I would take all cats if I could. Again I am very sorry I could not help you.

#18 Hand & Hand

Hand & Hand

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (momofthreewonderfulkids @ Aug 12 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have a 5 yr old ragdoll that is our baby! He is the most even tempered cat you will ever meet, a stray from the neighbor hood took up with us (in HIS house) and he adjusted to her, in January we brought a german shepard/husky mix to the house (to stay forever) the ragdoll adjusted to him, just recently we adopted a beautiful white deaf kitty he adjusted well to her and now we have a 2 pound mini pinscher in the house and he adjusted well to her. The moral of my story is, Ragdoll's are wonderful animals. We bought ours from a breeder he was $500.00 and a well spent $500.00, normal price is around $1,000.00 but we didnt breed him so we was less expensive.....
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

♥~{Morgan&Cam'sMom}~♥

♥~Keith & Pam Hand~♥

#19 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:17 PM

If you are set on a certain breed, go to petfinder.com and look it up...just remember not to not do a kitten

#20 jmd

jmd

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

I know my neighbor works with a vets office and rescues and I know she has plenty of kittens and cats and I remember her saying something about a siamese. If you pm me your number, I can give it to her to call you about it.

#21 SOLO

SOLO

I Have Flying monkeys and Will Use Them

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

Craigslist had some like you want.
Posted Image
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it Just pee on it and walk away.

s.l.u.t
Stressed-out Ladies Unwinding Together

"People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life like loving everybody all the time and being nice.....dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long

#22 collegegal

collegegal

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

There is one on craigslist right now. Kitten
Dreams are acheived one goal at a time!

#23 Tired of Bovine Excrement

Tired of Bovine Excrement

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (P.C. Shopper @ Aug 12 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was me. We don't plan on getting another kitten anytime soon, if at all. I read up on panluekopenia before she was diagnosed because of her symptoms, and there's no way I'd bring another kitten into our home for a very long time. Also, even though we only had our kitten for a few days, we had become more attached to her than we realized (especially me). I don't want to take the chance of putting myself and my family through that kind of sadness again. unsure.gif
Posted Image
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

I'd rather live as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than to live as if there is no God and die to find out there is.

"Legalistic remorse says, 'I broke God's rules,' while real repentance says, 'I broke God's heart." -Tim Keller

#24 P.C. Shopper

P.C. Shopper

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Tired of BS @ Aug 13 2009, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was me. We don't plan on getting another kitten anytime soon, if at all. I read up on panluekopenia before she was diagnosed because of her symptoms, and there's no way I'd bring another kitten into our home for a very long time. Also, even though we only had our kitten for a few days, we had become more attached to her than we realized (especially me). I don't want to take the chance of putting myself and my family through that kind of sadness again. unsure.gif

sad.gif Losing a pet is always hard. I just had to have one PTS a few months ago, and while we knew it was "best", it didn't make it any easier.

There are many adult cats (make sure they are vaccinated) that need homes, and are just as loving, minus the kitten stage. Please, don't let this mis-fortunate event take away from having a pet to love. While it's not impossible for a cat (adult) to get Panluk, it's much slimmer.

Unfortuntly, this is what happens in summer months with over population. The shelter even has a sign in the front window now (I saw it last week, while there) warning people about dropping cats/kittens off.

If only people would spay/neuter their pets, we could reduce these heartaches within years ~sigh~

#25 retiredteacher

retiredteacher

Icon

• +Member plus pink
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,576 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:50 PM

Look on Petfinder.com. There are several siamese kittens/blue eyes listed in the metro area. Siamese are my weakness, too. I have 4.

RIP sweet Ashton. We will never forget you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics