16 replies to this topic

#1 kittykat1

kittykat1

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:42 AM

I was wondering if and when Taylor Farm park is having their fireworks display. If this has already been asked sorry. TIA
You never know just how you look through other people's eyes. Butthole Surfers "Pepper"

#2 The General

The General

Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:45 AM

It is always the weekend after the 4th, It will be on the 11th I think.

#3 zoo

zoo

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (The General @ Jul 3 2009, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is always the weekend after the 4th, It will be on the 11th I think.

thats what Ive heard too biggrin.gif

#4 MillCreek

MillCreek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,196 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:53 AM

Paulding County Parks and Recreation invites the public to come out to its annual Concert in the Park and fireworks display July 11 from 7 to 9 p.m.

The concert will be held at Taylor Farm Park, located at 1380 Pine Valley Road in Powder Springs.

Timeless Highway will be performing and the fireworks display will take place immediately after the concert. The public is encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets, and picnics. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.

Information: (770) 445-8065

#5 The General

The General

Icon

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 3,666 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (MillCreek Web Design @ Jul 3 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paulding County Parks and Recreation invites the public to come out to its annual Concert in the Park and fireworks display July 11 from 7 to 9 p.m.

The concert will be held at Taylor Farm Park, located at 1380 Pine Valley Road in Powder Springs.

Timeless Highway will be performing and the fireworks display will take place immediately after the concert. The public is encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets, and picnics. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.

Information: (770) 445-8065

Thanks for the info I was not sure I was corrrect. I think that what they are doing is great for those who do not want to get out over such a busy
weekend.

#6 JBrigman

JBrigman

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:36 AM

It's because our county doesn't want to spend the $ to pay employees to work on a holiday...
Don't Litter -- Fix Your Critter! And remember, rescued animals make the best pets!

#7 psslb

psslb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:50 AM

The county is in a financial crisis requiring them to furlough each employee 80 hours during the next year, but they are still spending money on fireworks.

#8 firehouse

firehouse

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

"The county is in a financial crisis requiring them to furlough each employee 80 hours during the next year, but they are still spending money on fireworks."

The county gets the fireworks at an extremely discounted rate by waiting until after the 4th. If they didn't do a fireworks display folks would complain about that too. . .

#9 psslb

psslb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:25 PM

You’re in a financial crisis, so go out and pay for something you don’t need at “an extremely discounted rate”. Just another reason this county and country are in a deficit. Will the county employees working the fireworks show be doing so at “an extremely discounted rate”?

Edited by psslb, 03 July 2009 - 01:32 PM.

#10 littlefriend

littlefriend

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (psslb @ Jul 3 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You’re in a financial crisis, so go out and pay for something you don’t need at “an extremely discounted rate”. Just another reason this county and country are in a deficit. Will the county employees working the fireworks show be doing so at “an extremely discounted rate”?

What exactly are you asking here?

#11 psslb

psslb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

It's called a rhetorical question.

#12 can....

can....

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

its the 9th at taylor farm park its always the saturday after 4th of july so they dont have to compete with other places

#13 Shananigans

Shananigans

Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

Taylor Farm is NOT doing fireworks this year.

#14 mei lan

mei lan

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

Taylor Farm is NOT doing fireworks this year.

That's what I thought...I thought I remembered it being cut from the budget.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

William Shakespeare, Sonnet 116

#15 CreativeOne

CreativeOne

... shamelessly supporting furry ones ...

• +HELPINGHANDS MPX
  • 20,940 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

dang ... a topic from 2009 and responses that almost are relevant ..... :pardon: :wacko:

BTW, there is NO fireworks this weekend at Taylor Farm Park.
Laissez Le Bon Temps Roulette

Click Daily - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com to support animals, breast cancer, literacy, and other causes too! All free to you!

"I believe in animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of the whole human." -- Abraham Lincoln

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand. Frank Herbert (1920 - 1986)

"Be kind to animals, you never know when you are entertaining angels" - anonymus

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"

#16 boxerlvr

boxerlvr

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

Doesnt anyone read the posts or the newspaper. The fireworks are CANCELLED they have been cancelled since June 15, 2011. The is a reader board by Taylor Farm that says the fireworks are cancelled!!! Do you really think with all the budget cuts and job losses they are still going to have them?

#17 mermaidmom

mermaidmom

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:53 PM

The county is in a financial crisis requiring them to furlough each employee 80 hours during the next year, but they are still spending money on fireworks.

No, Sir, they are not. The fireworks and concert has been cancelled due to budget cuts!!
While focused on life's destination....enjoy the journey!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics