4 replies to this topic

#1 Race2Win

Race2Win

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:38 AM

I've noticed that several people are looking into homeschooling and have been thinking about when I first started out. I knew that I would need support and encouragement from other families who had been homeschooling for a while, so I began looking for a support group. I finally joined one in another county that wound up not to be a fit for us. I have since decided to start a new group with some other families. In thinking about this, I thought it would be a good idea to have a place that listed all of the groups for Paulding County so that people who are new to or interested in homeschooling would have these resources available to them.

If you are a leader or member of a group in Paulding Co., please list your group and contact information here so that others will know where to find out more about the different groups.

A side note to new homeschoolers: Homeschool groups are like people, they vary in many different ways. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

Here is some information for the group I am in:

West Atlanta Christian Home Educators (W.A.C.H.E.) - We are an exclusively Christian homeschool group and are not tied to a specific church. You may contact us at wacheinfo@gmail.com or on Facebook under W.A.C.H.E. I will update with our website address once it is completed.

#2 kristier72

kristier72

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:20 AM

[quote name='Race2Win' date='May 12 2009, 10:38 AM' post='2751259']
I've noticed that several people are looking into homeschooling and have been thinking about when I first started out. I knew that I would need support and encouragement from other families who had been homeschooling for a while, so I began looking for a support group. I finally joined one in another county that wound up not to be a fit for us. I have since decided to start a new group with some other families. In thinking about this, I thought it would be a good idea to have a place that listed all of the groups for Paulding County so that people who are new to or interested in homeschooling would have these resources available to them.

If you are a leader or member of a group in Paulding Co., please list your group and contact information here so that others will know where to find out more about the different groups.

A side note to new homeschoolers: Homeschool groups are like people, they vary in many different ways. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

Here is some information for the group I am in:

I am a group owner of Home Learners Alliance (HLA). We are a nonreligious group open to all homeschooling families in Paulding and surrounding counties. We support new and seasoned homeschoolers alike. Our website is www.hlaga.com. We offer classes twice a month, play dates, teen time, tween time, mom's night out. We have a facebook page also under Home Learners Alliance. My contact info is homelearnersallinace@gmail.com or 404 234 7375.
email: homelearnersalliance@gmail.com

~I homeschool because I've seen the village and I don't want it raising my children~

#3 Race2Win

Race2Win

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:44 PM

West Atlanta Christian Home Educators finally has a website. You may visit us at www.homeschoolwache.org
It is not completely finished yet, but the important information is available. :-)

#4 crazy4boys

crazy4boys

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:12 PM

WATCH (West Atlanta Catholic Homeschoolers) - Based out of Dallas/Paulding, also has members from Bartow, Douglas, West Cobb

CHANGE (Catholic Home Alliance of North Georgia Educators) - Based out of Roswell, a hike from here but a much larger group with many activities and great information on their site.

Both groups can be found on Yahoo, or PM me for a link.

#5 Race2Win

Race2Win

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:08 AM

W.A.C.H.E. will be holding an informal "get to know us" picnic on August 8th. If you are interested in attending, please visit our website for details. www.homeschoolwache.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics