11 replies to this topic

#1 wbp

wbp

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:48 AM

I just went to Walmart to buy something and thought to ask the customer service lady what their return policy was on ipods. My daughter is wanting one for Christmas and I was going to buy one, but wanted to make sure that if something is wrong with it on Christmas morning that I could take it back without a hassle. Well, the customer service lady told me that their return policy on ipods are only 15 days and that is with a receipt only. But that you could send it back to the manufacturer for the 1 year warranty that comes with it. Then as I was leaving the door greeter stopped me to check my receipt and told me to make sure that I keep my receipt and if anything was wrong with the toy that I just bought to make sure that I returned it within 30 days as their return policy had changed. He is not even getting the toy until Christmas! Does Walmart expect everyone to start Christmas shopping 15-30 days before Christmas?

I think this is absolutely insane!!! I figure Walmart is going to lose big this year with Kmart having layaway especially in the electronics department and then with them changing their return policy from 90 days to 15 days is stupid. I called Target and she said with the receipt that you have 90 days on ipods and other items, so I guess Walmart just lost that sale!!
Keep on smiling!

#2 momof 3

momof 3

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,465 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (wbp @ Oct 27 2008, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just went to Walmart to buy something and thought to ask the customer service lady what their return policy was on ipods. My daughter is wanting one for Christmas and I was going to buy one, but wanted to make sure that if something is wrong with it on Christmas morning that I could take it back without a hassle. Well, the customer service lady told me that their return policy on ipods are only 15 days and that is with a receipt only. But that you could send it back to the manufacturer for the 1 year warranty that comes with it. Then as I was leaving the door greeter stopped me to check my receipt and told me to make sure that I keep my receipt and if anything was wrong with the toy that I just bought to make sure that I returned it within 30 days as their return policy had changed. He is not even getting the toy until Christmas! Does Walmart expect everyone to start Christmas shopping 15-30 days before Christmas?

I think this is absolutely insane!!! I figure Walmart is going to lose big this year with Kmart having layaway especially in the electronics department and then with them changing their return policy from 90 days to 15 days is stupid. I called Target and she said with the receipt that you have 90 days on ipods and other items, so I guess Walmart just lost that sale!!

So, I have bought several things from Walmart for Christams already and am now going to return them and get them at Target or Kmart. Especially at this time of year, why on earth would you change your return policy to 30 days? As far as I'm concerned, if you have a receipt and the item is still in the package and unused, there shouldn't be a time limit. Every aWalmart shopper should bombard Walmart with complaints and tell them why they are losing their holiday business. Can these people really be that stupid? I know some people try to pull stunts and return the tent Aunt Till gave them 12 years, passing it off as new, but common sense should rule here. Oh wait, common sense? Never mind!

#3 LGM

LGM

Crafting and ninja raising extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,433 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:06 AM

Well, that's pretty darn ridiculous. So my wonderful grandmother that buys birthday presents a month in advance may be out of luck when the clothes don't fit? rolleyes.gif How stupid. sleep.gif

Apparently you can order it online and still get the 90 days. Of course, with the price of shipping to go with it.

http://www.walmart.c....gsp?cat=538459

"I'm not raising a child...I'm raising an adult" - LGM

'you get mega cool points for being a rare breed of woman who knows how to keep her mouth closed!!!!'

- Anonymous, awesome p.commer.

#4 Go BLUE!

Go BLUE!

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,233 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:10 AM

Thats the standard return policy on electronics. Usually if it is unopen and you have the receipt they will honor an exchange. To many people like to borrow electronics, especially around the holidays and the Super Bowl.

Posted Image
"If heaven ain't a lot like Detroit, I don't wanna go....if they ain't got no 8 Mile like they do up in the D, then send me to hell or Salt Lake City it would be about the same to me." - Uncle Kracker

#5 wbp

wbp

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:14 AM

Okay, so just called up to Walmart and spoke with the lady over customer service/front end. She said that their return policy is 15 days on ipods and such, 30 days on cameras/printers and such, and 90 days on toys, clothing and such. I told her that she needed to let her door greeter know this because they were going to lose lots of business if she keeps telling people that their return policy has changed.
Keep on smiling!

#6 NC-17

NC-17

loud pipes save lives

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:21 AM

You still have the option of returning it to the manufacturer for replacement if there's something wrong with it on Christmas morning.

One suggestion is to go ahead and open it, make sure there's nothing wrong with it, and maybe even download a few songs for your daughter to listen to when she re-opens it.

#7 *ANNAMARiE*

*ANNAMARiE*

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (wbp @ Oct 27 2008, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is not true. I work at the Customer Service desk at the Walmart on Thornton Road and the policy has not changed. It is 15 days on iPods with receipt and that is printed on the bottom of the receipt when you purchase it but everything else (with a few exceptions) is 90 days. Walmart is a customer satisfaction store and if you bring something back and are told you can't return, always ask for a manager. The people at the service desk are telling you the policy, they can't override it but I've learned from working at the Service desk that if you ask for a manager and and pitch a little fit they will return it, Walmart is all about customer satisfaction.

But, the policy is 90 days on pretty much everything.... except computers and some electronics, airbeds, guns and ammo are final, and digital cameras are 30 days.... but toys, clothes, shoes, housewares, are all 90 days. That lady obviously didn't know what she was talking about when she said 90 days. Another point of advice, don't listen to the door greeters, they have no idea how the service desk is ran.

If they won't return, come to Thornton Road, I will return it for you because I know the policies. Or, you can always call 1800WALMART!

QUOTE (wbp @ Oct 27 2008, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, so just called up to Walmart and spoke with the lady over customer service/front end. She said that their return policy is 15 days on ipods and such, 30 days on cameras/printers and such, and 90 days on toys, clothing and such. I told her that she needed to let her door greeter know this because they were going to lose lots of business if she keeps telling people that their return policy has changed.

huh.gif Didn't see this before I posted.... sorry... but if you ever need help you can always come to Thornton Road and seee me! biggrin.gif

Edited by *ANNAMARiE*, 27 October 2008 - 08:25 AM.

*ANNA MARiE*

"laugh when you can, apologize when you should & let go of what you can't change. kiss slowly, play hard, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything & have no regrets. life is too short to be anything but happy."

#8 wbp

wbp

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:25 AM

huh.gif Didn't see this before I posted.... sorry... but if you ever need help you can always come to Thornton Road and seee me! biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Thanks!!

Keep on smiling!

#9 *ANNAMARiE*

*ANNAMARiE*

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (wbp @ Oct 27 2008, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks!!

biggrin.gif Your welcome!

*ANNA MARiE*

"laugh when you can, apologize when you should & let go of what you can't change. kiss slowly, play hard, forgive quickly, take chances, give everything & have no regrets. life is too short to be anything but happy."

#10 blessedwithboys

blessedwithboys

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:35 AM

Okay, now that that issue was clarified the OP need to change the subject on this post. smile.gif
Delight thyself also in the Lord; And he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. - Psalms 37:4 KJV ><((((>

#11 ihaveadog

ihaveadog

Super Icon

• +Member plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:07 AM

That's what you get when someone has a vague understanding of something, or only reads part of something and then jumps to a conclusion. or just comes to a conclusion without verifying anything.

I fantasize about my dogs having jobs. I pretend that both of them are window cleaners and their kennel is their first starter home. I think the bigger dog is trying to bump off the smaller dog so he can have the kennel to himself. I know I have a problem, but don't animals have to earn a living too?

Dogs may not be our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.

A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

The more I see of humans, the more I admire dogs.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

The dog is a gentleman, I hope to go to his heaven, not man's.

#12 DallasRED

DallasRED

GO NAVY!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,270 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:11 AM

rolleyes.gif to WallyWorld

When I purchase IPODS I get them ON-LINE from the Apple store..I like the fact that you can get your name engraved in them for no extra charge..
Posted Image

"Why are some people such assholes for no reason but then are the first to bitch to the mods when the tables are turned" GO BLUE

"You judge me and think you know me, and I'm quite sure we've never met. You know nothing." MADEA

"NOT ONE DAMN ONE OF YOU HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME I CAN NOT FEEL THE WAY I DO." SOLO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics