41 replies to this topic

#1 TITANS Baseball

TITANS Baseball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:03 AM

We need to build the South Paulding Baseball Program so that when these boys get to high school, they can represent. Coach Gallamore is 100% behind this program and gives his full support. South Paulding High School is in no way involved with this team physically or monitarily. There is way too much talent in our area to not be grooming these kids for high school. This team will be for next school year

The coaches for these teams will keep with the guidelines of high school sports as far as grades and attitudes. If the student is failing a required subject, he will not play. Also, if they do not produce on the field, they will not play. There will be no "Daddy Ball" involved in this program. We will be putting the best 9 players on the field at all times. All positions will be open. We will need the support of each and every family participating so that WE can be sucessful. If you are interested in trying out or have questions please feel free to PM me or give me a call (678)755-2802.

Edited by TrojanBaseball, 21 October 2008 - 10:12 AM.

Titans Baseball

#2 gapeaches

gapeaches

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:54 PM

Who will be the head coach of this feeder team? Does anyone know anything about him/her?
Just wondering
EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES, ONLY FOOLS PRACTICE THEM!!

"It ain't braggin if you can back it up"
Dizzy Dean

"EVERYONE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE NOT BY WHAT THEY HEAR BUT WHAT THEY SEE"

#3 TITANS Baseball

TITANS Baseball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

The coaches have not been set as of yet. This is in the baby stages and will take some time. How old is your son and where and who does he play for?
Titans Baseball

#4 Ally

Ally

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:34 PM

PM Sent

#5 LetsPlay2

LetsPlay2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (TrojanBaseball @ Oct 21 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The coaches have not been set as of yet. This is in the baby stages and will take some time. How old is your son and where and who does he play for?

You state that South Paulding Baseball will in no way be involved in this team and that the coaches have not yet been set, yet your original post emphasizes WE. Is it safe to assume that the WE is you. Just trying to clarify your post because if this is in the baby stages and there are no coaches, who is going to evaluate the players at the tryout that I can call YOU to set up?

#6 TITANS Baseball

TITANS Baseball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:30 AM

The coach for the 7th/8th grade team has been set and it is Tim Hill. You may contact him at timahill@bellsouth.net. He will answer all questions you may have. Also, there will be a workout for all 11 and 12 year olds at Ridge Rd. park tomorrow at 3:00. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.
Titans Baseball

#7 Almighty Munchkin

Almighty Munchkin

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (TrojanBaseball @ Oct 25 2008, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The coach for the 7th/8th grade team has been set and it is Tim Hill. You may contact him at timahill@bellsouth.net. He will answer all questions you may have. Also, there will be a workout for all 11 and 12 year olds at Ridge Rd. park tomorrow at 3:00. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks.

You're kidding......right???!!! huh.gif dry.gif
Posted ImageIt's not necessarily about you....or is it....Posted Image

epMomHF

#8 TITANS Baseball

TITANS Baseball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:14 PM

No, I am not kidding. I had no input as to who would coach that team.
Titans Baseball

#9 dawn923

dawn923

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

Who made the decision?

Also is there two teams here that we are talking about? 11 & 12 year olds wouldn't be in 7th grade yet. Who is the coach of the 11 & 12 year team? And when are tryouts going to be for the 7th & 8th grade team?
If you don't want my opinion, DON'T ASK!

#10 gapeaches

gapeaches

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (TrojanBaseball @ Oct 25 2008, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting!!!!! ohmy.gif

Dizzy Dean

#11 dawn923

dawn923

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 01:56 PM

I thought so as well. My curiosity is to why the coach that already coaches approximately 5 or 6 7th grade SPMS boys on his travel team was not contacted about making his team the feeder team because 1/2 of his team will be going to SPHS in two years.

#12 LetsPlay2

LetsPlay2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (dawn923 @ Oct 25 2008, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought so as well. My curiosity is to why the coach that already coaches approximately 5 or 6 7th grade SPMS boys on his travel team was not contacted about making his team the feeder team because 1/2 of his team will be going to SPHS in two years.

Because this is being ramrodded by "Trojan Baseball", who will be named as the 6th grade coach by who????? To all who are considering this, you better do your homework!!!

#13 Im Right

Im Right

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:20 PM

Why must EVERYTHING be soooooo political????????? rolleyes.gif Can't the boys just play ball????

#14 Almighty Munchkin

Almighty Munchkin

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (time2go @ Oct 25 2008, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why must EVERYTHING be soooooo political????????? rolleyes.gif Can't the boys just play ball????

Politics has NOTHING to do with it in my eyes. I just remember Tim Hill from years ago at California park, not a good idea to have him as a coach or involved AT ALL!! JMO

Like LetsPlay2 said: "To all who are considering this, you better do your homework!!!"
Posted ImageIt's not necessarily about you....or is it....Posted Image

epMomHF

#15 TITANS Baseball

TITANS Baseball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:32 PM

Let'sPlay2 - you seem to have a very big interest in this issue. If you have a personal issue with me, don't hide behind the screenname to voice your beef. I stepped up and talked with Coach Gallamore to see about the feeder program because there is a lot of talent in SP that is not being exposed to the better caliber of baseball. These players will not take that next step unless they are prepared to do so. Step up or shut up - RAMRODDED my A$$. Tim Hill got the approval from Coach Gallamore as well as I
Titans Baseball

#16 AFVetFromPC

AFVetFromPC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (TrojanBaseball @ Oct 25 2008, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let'sPlay2 - you seem to have a very big interest in this issue. If you have a personal issue with me, don't hide behind the screenname to voice your beef. I stepped up and talked with Coach Gallamore to see about the feeder program because there is a lot of talent in SP that is not being exposed to the better caliber of baseball. These players will not take that next step unless they are prepared to do so. Step up or shut up - RAMRODDED my A$$. Tim Hill got the approval from Coach Gallamore as well as I

Classy post... I bet South Paulding parents are lining up to have their kid coached by this guy. This represents SPHS?

#17 TITANS Baseball

TITANS Baseball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:45 PM

I am sure there were a better choice of words than what were used in the end of the post, but some times there is no room for sugarcoating. Do you have kids that play for SPHS or another school. It seems that people in general get mad when they didn't think of an idea first. I thought and acted. Sorry if it offended you or anyone else.

Edited by TrojanBaseball, 25 October 2008 - 05:46 PM.

Titans Baseball

#18 madcohort

madcohort

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:26 PM

LOL.. Just crazy...

There will be 4 feeder teams in the next few years.

Just because ur bad experience with a coach doesnt make it a bad experience for all.

My suggestion is if you want to play HS ball... You need to move up into travel ball...
Be it with this team or any other Travel team.
Go to the practices. See what they are about.

Enjoy watching your kids play.

And leave the crappy posts - like this one smile.gif - behind.

#19 dawn923

dawn923

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:45 PM

All I have to add to this post is when it comes to your child and the coach that they are going to play for....you need all the facts, past and present about who you choose them to play for (good and bad information!). It can make for a miserable long season if you don't know their past coaching experience and experiences at other ball parks.

#20 gapeaches

gapeaches

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (dawn923 @ Oct 25 2008, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I have to add to this post is when it comes to your child and the coach that they are going to play for....you need all the facts, past and present about who you choose them to play for (good and bad information!). It can make for a miserable long season if you don't know their past coaching experience and experiences at other ball parks.

I 2nd that! Still what about the other kids that already play for teams? Will they be given a fair chance since these teams have been formed since early Aug.? I really dont want to leave the travel ball team and play for this so called feeder team! Why are they starting it so late anyway? North Paulding had their feeder team together since Aug. so why are they starting so late? My son has already been ask to join this team, without trying out and we said no before we knew who was coaching because we are commited to another team and have been since July and now that we know who will be coaching. Just doesn't make since why they are starting so late.

Dizzy Dean

#21 TITANS Baseball

TITANS Baseball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:43 AM

All I can say is, do what makes you comfortable. I put Tim's e-mail address in a previous post for you to contact him. I am assuming that your son will be playing with the older group. If not, please come out today at 3:00 at Ridge Rd. so I can take a look at him. Thanks.
Titans Baseball

#22 falcons7

falcons7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (TrojanBaseball @ Oct 25 2008, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Obviously coach Gallamore has not done his homework. My suggestion is any of you that have boys that would play baseball at South Paulding and are interested in playing on the feeder team. Go to the Paulding County Baseball Advisory Board and ask for infomation on each of the coaches that have been selected. I am sure he would want to know who he has chosen to represent him and his program. I have a feeling he will change his mind. Even if your son does not play on one of these teams it will not affect his ability to make the team once he gets in high school. They are going to take the best players no matter where they play.

#23 TITANS Baseball

TITANS Baseball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:46 AM

I recommend that you take the advice of Madcohort and come out to the workouts and if you like what you see, that's great and if you don't, you can go elsewhere to play. Please do contact the PCBAB about the coaches. I personally do not have a problem with that even though they are not in any way connected with what we are doing. Thanks. Let's play ball.
Titans Baseball

#24 dawn923

dawn923

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:53 AM

Since Falcons7 says its not going to matter if you play on a feeder team before you go to high school, then what is the point in having one? I'm just curious since they are popping up in this county. Its sad that our middle schools are not allowed to have a baseball team to develop these kids before they get to high school.

Also to check out before the board who the coaches are and what their past is who exactly are going to be the coaches for each age level?

11/12 ?
12/13 Sounds like Tim Hill (who else will be coaching with him?)

#25 YurJusJealous

YurJusJealous

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (TrojanBaseball @ Oct 21 2008, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We need to build the South Paulding Baseball Program so that when these boys get to high school, they can represent. Coach Gallamore is 100% behind this program and gives his full support. South Paulding High School is in no way involved with this team physically or monitarily. There is way too much talent in our area to not be grooming these kids for high school. This team will be for next school year

The coaches for these teams will keep with the guidelines of high school sports as far as grades and attitudes. If the student is failing a required subject, he will not play. Also, if they do not produce on the field, they will not play. There will be no "Daddy Ball" involved in this program. We will be putting the best 9 players on the field at all times. All positions will be open. We will need the support of each and every family participating so that WE can be sucessful. If you are interested in trying out or have questions please feel free to PM me or give me a call (678)755-2802.

Can you please let me know when the next workout will be held? I am just reading this post today and was unaware of the workouts held on yesterday. No "daddy ball" sounds great to me.

#26 YurJusJealous

YurJusJealous

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (dawn923 @ Oct 25 2008, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are quite a few teams around here that have lots of players on their teams that will be going to SPHS in two years. Why would this coach and his team you are referencing automatically be the feeder team? That wouldnt be fair. The kids should try out and may the best players win. I think this is a good way to weed out the "daddy ball" issue that is rampant in Paulding County. It's time these boys learn that you cant keep getting rewarded based on who you know, their talent at some point as to come through.

#27 dawn923

dawn923

Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (phatgirl @ Oct 26 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are quite a few teams around here that have lots of players on their teams that will be going to SPHS in two years. Why would this coach and his team you are referencing automatically be the feeder team? That wouldnt be fair. The kids should try out and may the best players win. I think this is a good way to weed out the "daddy ball" issue that is rampant in Paulding County. It's time these boys learn that you cant keep getting rewarded based on who you know, their talent at some point as to come through.

The only reason I mentioned this was because the team was already in place with several boys that will attend that school. I wasn't trying to offend anyone or start something.

#28 gapeaches

gapeaches

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (phatgirl @ Oct 26 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My question is why have they waited so long to get this started? North Paulding has had their feeder team together since Aug.? Most of these kids who will be going to SPHS next year (my son included) have already tried out for other teams and are commited to other teams since end of July first of Aug. "Daddy Ball" is every where you go not just in Paulding County. My son was already ask to be on the team but like I said we are commited to a team that has 8-9 boys that will be going to SPHS next year so I again hope they get a fair shake when time comes to try-out for the high school. You do what you feel you need to do for your child but my child won't play for the likes of Tim Hill hope anyone that trys out the parents have done their homework on him!

Dizzy Dean

#29 copschick

copschick

Tow's top chick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:45 AM

rofl.gif silly me....I thought the point of kids playing sports was so that they could have fun while being taught important lessons like, oh, I don't know, sportsmanship or teamwork. laugh.gif Boy, I didn't know that those sorts of things DO NOT come into play here in Paulding county! Sounds like this ball team will be no different than the rest. You've got a few dads that are trying VERY hard to live vicariously through their children rolleyes.gif
If you aren't one of the "chosen" kids (by that I mean the coach's or the coach's best friend's kid) you don't get to play. EVER. "No Daddy ball"??? I would assume by that the OP means that the coach doesn't have a kid on the team? Or that the parents ought to sit there and shut up while the coach talks to your kid however he pleases.
Anyway, sorry for the rant, but sports in this county are ridiculous. dry.gif
Posted Image

#30 LetsPlay2

LetsPlay2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (TrojanBaseball @ Oct 26 2008, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recommend that you take the advice of Madcohort and come out to the workouts and if you like what you see, that's great and if you don't, you can go elsewhere to play. Please do contact the PCBAB about the coaches. I personally do not have a problem with that even though they are not in any way connected with what we are doing. Thanks. Let's play ball.

You are 100% correct that they are not connected to what you are doing, but they got some information that should send any self respecting parent running!!! List your resume as well as any problems you have had in the past. If you are all about the kids then you should not have any problem being straight up. Let the parents decide what is best for their kids. Question- Why for the last two months has everything been about Trojan baseball and now it has switched to feeder team? Have we had more problems? The truth will set you free!!!!!!!!!!!

#31 YurJusJealous

YurJusJealous

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (dawn923 @ Oct 26 2008, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only reason I mentioned this was because the team was already in place with several boys that will attend that school. I wasn't trying to offend anyone or start something.

I wasnt offended, just making a statement that there are tons of boys out there that play baseball that will be attending SPHS. There should be try outs so that its fair.

#32 YurJusJealous

YurJusJealous

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (copschick @ Oct 27 2008, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rofl.gif silly me....I thought the point of kids playing sports was so that they could have fun while being taught important lessons like, oh, I don't know, sportsmanship or teamwork. laugh.gif Boy, I didn't know that those sorts of things DO NOT come into play here in Paulding county! Sounds like this ball team will be no different than the rest. You've got a few dads that are trying VERY hard to live vicariously through their children rolleyes.gif
If you aren't one of the "chosen" kids (by that I mean the coach's or the coach's best friend's kid) you don't get to play. EVER. "No Daddy ball"??? I would assume by that the OP means that the coach doesn't have a kid on the team? Or that the parents ought to sit there and shut up while the coach talks to your kid however he pleases.
Anyway, sorry for the rant, but sports in this county are ridiculous. dry.gif

The problem is this. There are a lot of parents out there that are worried. Their sons have been riding the coat tails of their daddys or daddy's best friend to get on teams or play positions that they are not qualified to be playing. Now its time for their talents to speak for them and many of them don't have it. They are fast approaching high school and they know its going to be tough for their sons to make these teams. Daddy cant follow them everywhere they go, and its a shame because its only going to hurt the boys. Its time that these rec ball and travel ball teams start playing the best kids. A kids position on a kid should be based on hard work and talent not because your daddy coaches on the team. Im finished with my rant.

#33 TITANS Baseball

TITANS Baseball

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:45 AM

It has always been about Trojan baseball and still is. We will be playing this weekend if you would like to watch. No problems here. I have always wanted to meet that perfect person, and you must be it. I think each and every one of us have made bad choices in our lives that we regret. It is in the past and that is where I am leaving it, but you are still hiding behind that screenname. I am done with this conversation. Have fun.
Titans Baseball

#34 madcohort

madcohort

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:17 AM

What started as an innocent. hey come play Travel ball with the Trojans and hey, I want to make this a feeder team for SPHS has turned into a "he said she said" bashing contest.

Just about every post on this thread is crap.....

Parents... if you havent got a travel team... go look into this one..... If it suits you... great.
If it doenst, I am sure that you will find another Travel team for SPHS.

Lets keep the posts on subject about DATES... TIMES.. COACHES... TRYOUTS... PRACTICES... CLINICS...
Instead of ragging coaches and parents.

Y'all should be ashamed. But then with a week to go in an election. NOT MANY ARE!! smile.gif

#35 TL3

TL3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (madcohort @ Oct 27 2008, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What started as an innocent. hey come play Travel ball with the Trojans and hey, I want to make this a feeder team for SPHS has turned into a "he said she said" bashing contest.

Parents... if you havent got a travel team... go look into this one..... If it suits you... great.

Lets keep the posts on subject about DATES... TIMES.. COACHES... TRYOUTS... PRACTICES... CLINICS...

Y'all should be ashamed. But then with a week to go in an election. NOT MANY ARE!! smile.gif

[/size]
[size="2"]

I completely agree. It's all about getting these kids ready for HS ball wether it be with this team or another travel ball team. As far as the choice of coaches, My son played for Tim Hill. I will admit that when we first saw him coach at CA Park, we did not like him but we also did not know him. He will do anything for "his boys" and that means ALL the boys on his team. Alot of people saw this as arrogance but he believed in his team and the boys knew this therefore making them even better.

As far as "Daddy Ball" it was a while before I even figured out who his son was.

He never cussed at my son or belittled him on the field. He loves the game and has passed this on to anyone who has played for him.

My son is in HS now and after playing for coach Tim he was prepared to compete at the HS level, thinks the world of Tim, and has a real passion for the game. He would play for Tim Hill any day of the week.
Is this not what we want our kids to get out of it at this age?!

#36 YurJusJealous

YurJusJealous

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (TL3 @ Oct 27 2008, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/size]
[size="2"]

I completely agree. It's all about getting these kids ready for HS ball wether it be with this team or another travel ball team. As far as the choice of coaches, My son played for Tim Hill. I will admit that when we first saw him coach at CA Park, we did not like him but we also did not know him. He will do anything for "his boys" and that means ALL the boys on his team. Alot of people saw this as arrogance but he believed in his team and the boys knew this therefore making them even better.

As far as "Daddy Ball" it was a while before I even figured out who his son was.

He never cussed at my son or belittled him on the field. He loves the game and has passed this on to anyone who has played for him.

My son is in HS now and after playing for coach Tim he was prepared to compete at the HS level, thinks the world of Tim, and has a real passion for the game. He would play for Tim Hill any day of the week.
Is this not what we want our kids to get out of it at this age?!

I agree with you about Tim Hill. People get the wrong impression about him. He is a fair coach and I can appreciate that. I just like the fact that the OP mentioned No "Daddy Ball". That is my point in the whole situation.

#37 YurJusJealous

YurJusJealous

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (madcohort @ Oct 27 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do believe that the OP did mentioned that "Daddy Ball" would NOT be involved in this program. That is what I was elated about. I don't recall bashing anybody, just saying it's about time a team is focused on playing the best players and not playing certain players because their daddys are coaches on the team. If that is bashing then take it anyway you want to. Apparently this is a problem with some teams and a lot of parents are sick of it or he wouldnt have brought it up in his original post.

#38 QTee

QTee

Super Icon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (dawn923 @ Oct 25 2008, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who made the decision?

Also is there two teams here that we are talking about? 11 & 12 year olds wouldn't be in 7th grade yet. Who is the coach of the 11 & 12 year team? And when are tryouts going to be for the 7th & 8th grade team?

J.S.Y.K. I have a son in 7th grade and he is 12. In fact, my oldest was 12 when he was in 7th and my youngest will be 12 when he gets into 7th as well. They all make A's and are right on track.

smile.gif

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think ~QTee 2/12/2008

#39 ifly1989

ifly1989

Paulding Com member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (TrojanBaseball @ Oct 25 2008, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am sure there were a better choice of words than what were used in the end of the post, but some times there is no room for sugarcoating. Do you have kids that play for SPHS or another school. It seems that people in general get mad when they didn't think of an idea first. I thought and acted. Sorry if it offended you or anyone else.

I actually spoke to Coach Gallamore about this 18 months ago as my son was in the same boat, in the 8th grade and unprepared for play at the HS level. It doesn't matter who had the idea first, someone just needs to put a plan in action. Stop Fighting and arguing and make it happen for the good of program. I do believe in order to build a successful program it needs coaches that are willing to stick around after their kids move on to HS.

When I first prposed it the school board was not on board but now they are.

My son is now playing fall ball with a majority of the SP players and is learning alot from them.

Trojan...if you need some help let me know. My son is in HS now but I would be willing to volunteer some time now and again to help the kids transition.

#40 LetsPlay2

LetsPlay2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

Trojan has never once answered a question that anyone has posted. He gets defensive and then turns the subject in another direction. He went from Trojan travel team to SP feeder team because in a few short months he had parents pulling their kids because of him. He started all of this like he had a vision. The HS coach is all for this. Well DUH! Anyone with any sense knows that this is a good idea. The HS coach knows that the better the kids are when they get to him, the better chance he has of having a strong team. Does anyone really think that he would say, I think they should just play rec ball. I know nothing about this Hill guy so I have no comment about him. Trojan is not the answer to this even though he has every right to do so. In my opinion there are three important things to consider when selecting a coach for your child. 1) Integrity- Observed him for several years and never once saw this trait in him. Coaches of kids this age should never be ejected from a game under no circumstance. All about him!!! 2) Honesty- Again, ask around. People know this guy and if you do your homework you will see. He has never announced who the coach is. He has made it like there is some sort of selection process. He has never said that he is the coach, yet he is running everything. He will not even announce that he is the coach. Can't tell the truth. 3) Baseball knowledge- There are four or five guys in this county at this age group that have forgotten more about baseball then he will ever know! Did he play minor league ball, college, high school? He has always tried to build his teams by stealing the better kids from the teams that he faces, yet I have never seen him with anything other than an average team because you can't coach what you don't know. Regardless of my opinion on him, you need to do what you think is best for your child. I just ask one thing. If your child plays for him and when you see what I have seen, let it be known. Don't allow this guy to ruin your sons baseball experience. How ironic that his name is Trojan, he is fact a Trojan Horse. Good luck, you will need it!!!

ps Wait till you see who he selects as his assistant coaches-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Topics Recent Topics